Music is as universal as a smile, as omnipresent as love and can be felt as much as it can be heard. Whether you’re feeling downhearted or walking on Cloud 9, a song will resonate in your heart and lift you up or help you feel less alone in this world.
Yesterday I found one of my absolutely most favorite sites/blogs on the Internet: Slade Roberson’s page.
In one entry he suggested writing a blog entry about songs that shift the spirit. We all have our favorite songs and sure – those songs can change on a weekly, even daily basis, depending on our moods and where we are in our lives. But there are some songs that stay with us forever, always lifting us up or helping raise the vibration of our soul. Here’s my top 10 list – songs that always get me, no matter how many times I hear them.
- Silver Springs – Fleetwood Mac
- The Grace – Neverending White Lights
- Don’t Stop Believing – Journey
- Easy Silence – Dixie Chicks
- Fields of Gold – Sting
- Song for a Winter’s Night – Sarah McLachlan
- Can’t Make You Love Me – Bonnie Raitt
- In Your Eyes – Peter Gabriel
- Blessed – Elton John
- Tribal Indian Chants – Enigma
Share your soul shifting songs here and tag back to this entry or Slade’s. I’d love to hear them. I’m always looking for music suggestions and of course, always looking for ways to reach into the depths of the hearts of those around me.