What is for you won't go past you

by Lindsay on August 18, 2010

in Attitude, Intuition

What is for you won’t go past you.

I read those words yesterday and when I did, I let out a huge sigh of relief – that is just what I needed to hear (okay, read). For as much as I know in my heart that where I am in life is just where I need to be, I have moments of mild panic (okay, sometimes sheer paranoia) that I am missing out on something. Something others have that I don’t. Sometimes I have waves of worry that make me think I’m going to miss out on something and I need to go get it before someone else does. That’s my shadow, I suppose…coming out in an ugly way.

Those who know me know that person I was with when I started this site and I are no longer together. I’m single now and I’m not looking. Well, not in any sort of active way. I have my soul mate list and I put it out to the Universe that when I’m ready she will come. But I’m not looking looking and sometimes, I feel like I’m missing out by not looking online like so many people are doing.  A good friend of mine said to me, “Lindsay, it is not a race.” I know that in my heart but I appreciate her saying it out loud – it’s what I needed to hear. My mind and soul and intuition are telling me that looking for love on an online dating site would turn out to be fruitless, forced and frustrating for me – that my future partner is someone I will be meeting organically.

Affairs of the heart aren’t the only area in which this feeling rears its ugly head for me – it often happens when I see someone who is self-employed and doing what they love while I’m still trying to figure out how exactly I can do that and work on my intuitive skills and energy healing – all while sitting in a cubicle in a stuffy office. My ego gets a pang of jealousy but I know that in divine timing, I’ll have it too and the ugly green monster doesn’t serve anyone (least of all me). Just because someone else has it now doesn’t mean I won’t in the (very near) future. Intuition tells me that with both of these issues, it is only a matter of time, patience and due diligence.

I’ve spent enough time ignoring my intuition and then living to regret ignoring it to know that this time, I should listen. And I will. Because any time I listen to my intuition, I am always rewarded and reminded that it is the guiding force in my life that should never be ignored. Every time I have decided that I “know better” than my intuition I have regretted it.  99.9% of the time when I follow my intuition things usually turn out even better than I could have ever imagined.

I know I’m not the only one with this issue of worrying about missing out. We sometimes look at people with money and wonder why it’s not us who are the wealthy ones. Or we look at someone who has an unbelievably hard body and wonder why we can’t seem to get rid of our love handles, no matter how hard we try. We may look at our neighbor’s home and longingly wish ours was as big as theirs. The list goes on and on and on about what we may feel we’re missing.

Hear this: what is for you won’t go past you. It’s the simple truth. The universe brings to us that which is ours. Of course it’s not just handed to us (well, most of the time anyway) and you do need to work for what you want. Ask for what you want and you shall receive. But don’t spend your life envying what others have or feeling like you’re missing something or you’re going to miss an opportunity. The fact is that if it is meant for you, it will come to you. You can make it happen, but certainly not by envying and fretting. I will be reminding myself daily that what is meant for me will come to me in divine timing. And until then, I will remain grateful for all I do have in my life and choose to be okay with where I am and what I have now.

Kathleen Lamoureux August 18, 2010 at 11:09 am

Excellent article Lindsey and thank you for sharing and baring your emotions — and ones that most of us feel — but hide away in some locked corner of our minds. We are hoping that the cobwebs will be so heavy, that we will escape the feelings and having to deal.

Being a new entrepreneur again myself (not for the first time though,) I’ve experienced most of those same feelings recently that you mentioned about my own work — feeling as if I am missing the boat and not doing enough to get my act together to really succeed. But of course I am and so are you. You are right – everything in its own divine time. Patience is both a virtue AND a skill that our highest nature needs to work through – especially when things are not exactly as we wish it to be NOW. But there are hidden gifts in friction, timing and waiting.

Kathleen

Lindsay August 18, 2010 at 12:07 pm

Thank you, Kathleen, for letting me know I’m not alone. And also for being so encouraging. It is true that even in waiting and times of struggle there are hidden gifts. We just might not see them until we’re past that hump. Entrepreneurs like you are my inspiration!

Jean Suttle August 18, 2010 at 2:44 pm

This is a great post Lindsay. I too have found in life that it is when we stop seeking that what we want finds us. That when the commute to work was blocked and no way to get there, going home being the only answer, a phone call for the perfect job came. If I had not been home, I would not have recieved it. When driving a bird crossed in front of me and forced me to the side of the road, when I resumed, the car that had passed me while I sat on the side, was flipped upside down and over the edge of a cliff a few feet down the road. I had to ask would that have been me if I had not stopped for the bird? (the person was fine, but their car was destroyed)
I have been in the right place at the right time often enough to know that the Universe had the plan, it was not of my doing because, they were places I would not normally have been. I have made new friends in very unexpected places, including my husband. Never stop trusting your intuition, or judge yourself for not doing something someone else thought you should. Listen to the connection to the Universe and you will be much happier.
Oh, and seeing others with their own businesses…do not wish that on yourself, as it can drag you out of the spiritual realm because of the drudgery of business itself. Having the freedom to leave a job at the end of the day, and forgetting about all the problems once the door is closed, is a luxury self employment can never seem to afford, there is always work to be done. Instead make your passion your hobby, let the benefits of it be gifts to those around you and help others. It allows you to be selfless and not ego driven like being an income can do. Just from my experience anyhow.
BB, Jean

Lindsay August 18, 2010 at 2:51 pm

Jean,

Thank you for your comment. Your stories of ‘coincidence’ are the types of stories I just love hearing. I think in both cases your spirit guides were looking out for you and helping things go your way (and protecting you).

I, too, have met some people at the most unexpected times and it’s encouraging to hear that you met your husband in an unexpected way too. It seems like almost everyone I know is meeting their partner online these days and I just know it’s not going to be that way for me.

You know, I hadn’t thought about the aspect of worrying about making a living being self-employed. I guess I was only thinking of the sunshine & roses part! That is certainly an aspect I need to think about because I don’t want money to be a source of worry for me anymore.

I appreciate your comments so very much. Thank you again!

Jean Suttle August 18, 2010 at 3:04 pm

Rather than thinking about what money you need, try thinking about the things you don’t need. I found that in simplifying, not envying what others have, reducing the times I shop in exchange for things I enjoy doing that are free, we can now live on one income, save more and do more that we want to. You might even find your “hobby” will become an income as time goes on, mine did, just do not allow the greed aspect to take over, because it is then no longer fun, just another job that never ends.

Lindsay August 18, 2010 at 3:08 pm

So true, Jean. I have never been the type to want to be rich or long for material things. I just want to live a simple, comfortable life doing something I love while simultaneously not fretting about paying the bills. I think if I reshape my relationship with relationship with money (I plan to post about that another day) and do things as you suggest, both will be helpful. :)

signorinabea August 18, 2010 at 3:51 pm

That is such a calming statement–everyone would live in the present more if they all believed it. Thank you for sharing! :)

Lindsay October 21, 2010 at 5:58 pm

True! I sometimes have to remind myself of this, but with practice it does get easier living with that belief.

Sukaina February 3, 2011 at 8:22 am

Thank you for this. Synchronous for me, for today :)

Lindsay February 3, 2011 at 8:29 am

I love hearing things like that! So glad you got the message you needed. :)

Deanna March 3, 2011 at 11:34 pm

It’s funny timing or I guess I should say perfect timing that I came across this article today. I came across your site initially a few days ago while googling “am I an empath” and thought I’d visit again today. These were the words that I needed to hear today as I’m finalllllly moving on from a friendship that went sour. The ironic thing is my friend always used to tell me that she thought everyone was exactly where they’re supposed to be. And I always keep that in mind and now after all my bitterness went away I definitely believe it. I think those moments of sheer panic that you talk about come from when we think that we’re somehow ‘stuck’ somewhere along our life journey but what a relief it is when we finally figure out that we were worrying for nothing! At least that’s how I see it. I look forward to reading more of your posts. :]

Lindsay March 4, 2011 at 11:40 am

Hi Deanna,

I'm so glad you found this article right when you needed to. I love hearing stories like that! So glad you came and commented. And I hope your heart is healed from losing your friendship. I say some friends are like seasons: they come into our lives and then go after a certain period of time. But they always leave a mark on our hearts.