It’s hard to have enthusiasm on Monday mornings, isn’t it? I know I was dragging my feet to get ready this morning. Even after a lovely weekend (and sometimes especially after a lovely weekend) it’s hard to imagine picking up and going back to work.
Mix it up this week – pick one day this week when your schedule allows for some unstructured time. Ask yourself, “If I were going to seize this day and live it with such passion that I’m sure to remember it in a year’s time, what would I do?”
Ways to seize the day and make it memorable
- Surprise someone you love with a bouquet of flowers at their door
- Help out a friend or family member with a household project they’ve been working on (or putting off)
- Send a card in the mail to a few people you know who could use some smiles
- Go for a walk in a neighborhood you’ve never explored or haven’t seen in a while
- Go to the lake and feed the ducks – take pictures, write in your journal, meditate
Get creative – do something that will leave a lasting impression in the hearts of those you reach out to.
Seize the day!
Most of our days come and go and we don’t remember them next week, let alone a year from now. For a day to have enough impact that we’ll actually remember it in a year’s time, we must consciously intend to make it memorable. We have to travel outside our normal comfort zones and purposefully create an emotional charge that’s strong enough to remember.
What activity could you plan for one day this week that would be so special that you’ll remember it for the rest of your life?
Share your ideas here! You may just inspire someone!