Have you ever gone on a walk with a child? What would normally take you 5 minutes from Point A to Point B ends up taking you 15 (at the minimum). Children jump, play, sing, balance themselves on the curb and explore the world around them. When we’re little, the world is our playground. Somewhere in the journey of life, we sometimes forget that.
Since today is a holiday in North America (Labor Day) many of us don’t have to start the daily grind until tomorrow. Even if you do have to go to this office on a Monday, it’s important to remember to have fun!
Doing something just for the sake of your own enjoyment will recharge and rejuvenate you. Having fun is a necessary activity that feeds and nourishes us on a soul level. So, have some fun this week and enjoy the benefits it produces in virtually every other aspect of your life. Even if you dedicate just an hour or two a week to letting go and having fun, the benefits will be felt in your mind, body and spirit.
Stuck at the office? There are ways to have fun there, too!
5 ways to have fun at the office (and still keep your job)!
- Bring candy to meetings. This is a tried and true way to get smiles from your coworkers and have a little fun reminiscing as well. Bring a candy that will give everyone a ‘blast from the past’ and you have even more fun!
- Put fun things (like a koosh ball or stress blocks to squeeze) on your desk. These are fun for you to play with and a big hit amongst coworkers as well.
- Spend 5 minutes each day relaxing by doing yoga or meditating. It makes you look weird but who cares?! You need it and you will feel more refreshed after. Guaranteed.
- Wink and smile at someone you wouldn’t normally say hi to – you might make their day! Of course, make sure this someone you choose to wink & smile at won’t report you to HR!
- Wear two different shoes to work and see if anyone notices.
Share your ideas for having fun – both in and out of the office – here!