What is a soul contract?

What is a soul contract?

by Lindsay on December 12, 2010

in Intuition, Personal Growth, Readings, Souls

This is part 4 of 5 of the “Soul Series”. [Part 1][Part 2][Part 3]

If you’ve spent any time reading this blog or other blogs about spirituality, you’ve probably heard the term soul contract. But what is a soul contract?  Simply put, it’s an agreement your soul made before you were born. This ‘agreement’ includes all of the lessons you have chosen to experience in this lifetime as well as the encounters and relationships you agreed to have with other souls. A soul contract includes physical and spiritual experiences that involve karma, your talents, goals and life purpose. It also outlines your struggles, challenges and strengths.

Soul contracts intricately weave our experiences together to create the teaching tools in our lifetimes. We agree who our parents will be. Now, I know some of you are thinking, “Ummm…I did not choose those parents. No way, no how.” I’m pretty sure ya did. Erin Pavlina writes on that  topic here: Picking our Parents and Our Life Circumstances.

In addition, we agree on who our friends will be, whom we’ll marry, who our children will be, what kind of jobs we’ll have. We agree on what types of experiences we’ll go through and the adversity we’ll endure. You get the idea. All of these contracts are put in place in order for us to have the opportunity to learn and grow on a soul level.

Knowing you have a soul contract helps you understand that what you have experienced so far has been chosen by you on a soul level.

Being aware of your soul contract opens your eyes to your strengths and helps you fulfill your life purpose. It can also identify any limitations, fears and negative aspects of your life so that you can release them, heal them and live a more fulfilling life.

But how do you know what your soul contract is?

A soul contract reading can help.  It’s a way to channel powerful, accurate and in-depth information. Every chart and reading is unique to each individual – no two are the same.

You may want a soul contract reading if:

· You feel stuck and want clarity about your life situation

· You want to seek confirmation that you’re on the right track

· You find yourself at a crossroads in life

· You have choices to make and could use some guidance

· You want to understand your life more deeply

What are the Benefits of having a Soul Contract Reading?

It can help to:

• Provide a sense of direction in your life
  • Shed some light on your life purpose & goals
  • Highlight your talents and strengths and show you how to maximize them
  • Help you make informed choices
  • Provide insights as to why you are the way you are
  • Give you a deep understanding of your life
  • Understand your relationships
  • Empower you

If you’re interested in a soul contract reading, you can contact me by clicking here or visiting the Intuitive Readings page to find out more.

L.Marie December 12, 2010 at 3:29 pm

Im interesting in being a volunteer. Have you reached the 5 person limit yet?

Lindsay December 12, 2010 at 3:54 pm

You're request #7. But 7 is my favorite number, so I'll do it for you! I'll email you shortly.

jay..... December 30, 2010 at 12:57 am

If I chose my parents then I did well because they were a great example of kindness for my children.
My choice of first husband was hard on us all. We all learnt how not to behave but the damage is still there.
Choice is a heavy responsibility. What I miss about formal education is class discussion, It stretches your mind. I like to teach but I don't have much expertise. Sorry for the brain jumps. This site has too many interesting ideas. Brain overload!

Lindsay December 30, 2010 at 9:06 am

I'm glad to hear you had loving parents — not everyone is so lucky (in this life!).

Since you like formal education, maybe you could go back to school to become a teacher? Just a thought! I'm glad you're enjoying the site. I love your comments! :)

Aleksandra January 14, 2011 at 3:51 pm

Crossroads in life – it's exactly where I find myself now. It's exciting and thrilling and frightening and painful – all in the same time. I guess, I'm late to be one of those 5 volunteers – pity, I'd like to be)
I'm very glad that I've found this site. Thank you very much for what you are doing and I wish all the best to you!

Lindsay January 14, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Hey Aleksandra,

So glad you found me/the site! I have found all of my volunteers, but I'm still doing readings. You can just visit the Intuitive readings page to order one!

Erin June 8, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Hello! I know i am young to be curious about this kind of thing. I’m 15. However, this stuff fastinates me. I am, I would say, at a crossroads. I also would love a deeper understanding of life. I would also like clarity of my life situation. I know this was posted ages ago. And that the volunteers are already probably done with their readings. I was just curious if you could help me in this difficult time.

much love!

Lindsay June 9, 2011 at 10:02 am

Hi Erin,

Well, you’re a little late for the volunteers, but I still do readings. I’ll send you an email. Gotta say – you’re the youngest person I’ve met who has expressed an interest in this kind of thing. I think that’s wonderful! Keep learning. :)

Tanvi March 11, 2012 at 8:44 am

oh.. sounds deeply interesting :O anyway you’ve already reached your 5 volunteers and i’m very much late lol but still i’m wondering if you could do one for me :P i just really want to have an insight on who is my soulmate :( i’m pretty much stuck here..

Lindsay March 11, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Hi Tanvi,

If you want a soul contract reading, I do those for a fee now. To learn more, you can visit http://www.thedailyawe.com/intuitive-readings

Maria from miami May 23, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Five years ago, at the age of 19, my son Daniel left the physical world due to Leukemia. Now last Father’s Day 2011, my 28 year old son Ricky, took his own life. Could I have known or prevented this from happening? Thank tou

Lindsay May 23, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Oh my goodness first of all, I’m so sorry for your losses. And second of all, there’s not a darn thing you could’ve done to prevent these losses. A good book I recommend reading is “Understanding Loss and Grief” by Tom Jacobs. Please read that and it’ll give you a larger understanding of why things like this happen.