When dreams carry important messages

Epiphanies through dreams

by Lindsay on February 3, 2011

in Dreams, Personal Growth, Spirit Guides

Dreaming: by h.koppdelaney on flickr

Dreams are one of my favorite topics, as evidenced here, here and here. There’s just so much growth and knowledge that can come through in dreams, ya know?

A few nights ago I had dream in which I was very ill. I was awake and conscious, but couldn’t move. I was so weak that I couldn’t open my eyes. In the dream, I was lying in a red sleeping bag — much like a cocoon. I resolved myself to feeling ill and let myself fall back asleep in this proverbial cocoon I had myself wrapped in. The dream ended.

The following night, I found myself in the same dream. But this time, my body had miraculously healed and I found myself able to make my way out of this sleeping bag/cocoon. I walked around aimlessly, surrounded by people and not having a clue where I was. And yet, although I was lost and didn’t recognize any faces, I wasn’t overwhelmed or scared. A warm feeling of peace washed over me.

It was in that wave of peace and warmth that I had an “epiphany” of sorts – we really are all connected. This message came to me in the form of an emotion but it was also a thought. Much like an “AHA!” a light bulb moment we sometimes get when we finally figure something out or become inspired.

I suddenly knew that we’re all from one source.  We come to this life not as an “earth school”, but rather because we want to experience life, energy, our vital force in the physical form. It’s all for the experience. Souls want to be here in order to feel things, see things, taste things and touch things. It’s all a big, wild ride.

What we think we are “learning” in this lifetime (and throughout the many lifetimes our souls live) we already know – we just don’t remember all of it. Everything bad and good that happens to us is a big pleasurable experience at the soul level.

Being on earth is a special experience for our souls. We choose to incarnate in this life to feel things: emotions, physical pleasures, to taste foods. To really experience all that life as a human being has to offer. Yep, even the painful stuff is something that is “good” in the eyes of our higher selves because it’s just all a part of this “ride” we’re on.

Dreams often send us important messages: about ourselves, others and life in general.  I’ve had many prophetic dreams or gone back and read through my dream journal only to find out a dream later played itself out in reality. My spirit guides know they can get clear messages sent to me (and fun ones, too, like predicting pregnancies!) through dreaming.

Have you had any dreams that carried heavy/important messages for you or someone else? Do you keep a dream journal?

If you like what you read here – subscribe to The Daily Awe. Each month a subscriber is chosen for a free intuitive reading!

If you’re looking for some insight into your career, relationships or life in general,  click here to book an intuitive reading with me.

Leslie February 3, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Hello! I found your (awesome) blog through “Alone With Cats” 😉 You write about so many things that I’m interested about…thanks to your blog, I pretty much validated my hunch that I was an empath.

Anyway! I 100% agree about dreams and being all connected…I haven’t had as many prophetic dreams, but I have noticed that dreams are really able to give you comfort if you’re going through a rough time in your life. That in itself means that our ability to dream, as humans, is truly a gift and a way for our souls to heal/connect with our subconscious.

I have this theory that the things we experience in our dreams is kind of like tapping into the afterlife. There are certain feelings that you experience in dreams which just never match up to things you feel in real life, and I have always thought that it is kind of like a taste of what we will experience if we are good people in our lives. What do you think of that?

Keep up the good work! :)

Lindsay February 3, 2011 at 4:46 pm

Wow, an actual reader who found me by way of AWC who is interested in reading what I have to say and isn't just coming over to be nosy? Awesome! Thanks, Leslie. :)

I find dreams can be very healing and definitely connect us to our subconscious. The subject of dreams is so layered and fascinating; each dream can be for a different reason, right? Some are just a way for our souls to process. Others help us through some healing and sometimes, we just have wacky and/or fun dreams that make no sense! Other times they're steeped in symbolism and meaning. I also see dreams as a way for our spirit guides to get in touch with us. Your theory likening to tapping into the afterlife is interesting. I agree – I see our dream lives as just another dimension through which we learn and grow.

Kimberly Gauthier Photography & Photography Blog February 4, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Beautifully written. I believe this too. I’m so excited to have found your blog. Once I learned this, excepted this, and embraced this – life became so much easier for me. I still get grumpy, annoyed, frustrated, but the feelings don’t last long and I’ve come to appreciate every moment much more. I love my life.

Lindsay February 4, 2011 at 4:20 pm

So beautifully put! I'm glad you found my blog, too!

Anna Barlowe March 1, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Yes, this dream sounds very similar to a near death experience, doesn’t it? Illness in a red cocoon, maybe representing blood or death, then release to a peaceful place with no more pain, and souls you don’t recall at first, but probably will! Death is probably very much like this – a peaceful transition, not anything to be afraid of in the end.

Everything that happens to us leaves a mark on our souls, and some we carry over into the next life, if we haven’t resolved them in the current one. I have had this experience myself. It’s always best to try and resolve things while we’re still here, if possible, because it may be harder to remember what it is we need to fix in the next life!

Lindsay March 4, 2011 at 11:41 am

Hi Anna!

Yes, it does seem like a near-death experience. I've never felt anything quite like it before. You've had this experience yourself? I'd love to hear about it!

Michael G July 31, 2011 at 7:03 pm

I keep a dream journal,and I love the topic of dreams too! I’d only wish that some of these days that my spirit guide would just pop up in one of my dreams,flail his/hers arms and be like “Hey,Michael,it’s me your guide! Sit down and listen to what I have to say” Of course,I’d look at them with a look of impatience and be like “Well what took you so long?! XD I’d been asking for this for forever!” They know how impatient I can be, Maybe I’ll just have to wait.

Lindsay August 1, 2011 at 11:06 am

Haha, Michael, I often wish the same thing! I guess if that were meant to happen, it would! Our guides rarely just say “Here’s what’s happening and here’s what you need to do.” Instead, they show us dreams and let us interpret them and decide what our course of action should be.

Dylan June 25, 2012 at 1:32 am

I recently realized something about my dreams…that some of them are perhaps premonitions.

This is weird but every single darn time someone cheats on me, I dream about it before hand. I then ask the person and then I get the whole ‘I can’t believe you’re even thinking that’ argument but in the end, it’s always been the case that my dreams were spot on the whole time. The cheating was happening at the time the dreams occurred.

Lindsay June 25, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Well, that certainly tells you something, doesn’t it? It’s like your subconscious knows before the truth comes out in the open. Or, your guides are giving you a warning. Either way – maybe it’s time to start keeping a dream journal if you don’t already!

Dylan Lin Calista June 26, 2012 at 9:12 pm

‘It’s like your subconscious knows before the truth comes out in the open.’ – I couldn’t have said it better.

Is it possible though? That my guides communicate that way? Because it’s happened so many times that it’s really not funny. (Hint: ALL my relationships ended because my partner cheated…and so I am reevaluating the reason behind it because it makes me wonder whether I’m attracting such people in my life, but I digress.)

No, I don’t have a dream journal but you’re right…I should probably start keeping one.