Natural spirituality: what's it mean to you?

Natural spirituality: what does it mean to you?

by Lindsay on February 24, 2011

in Environment, Spirituality, Synchronicity

Photo credit: Serendipities Studio

When you have an intense contact of love with nature or another human being, like a spark, then you understand that there is no time and that everything is eternal. ~ Paula Coelho

Have you ever experienced a moment where you felt absolute oneness with the world and everyone around you? A single, frozen moment in time when everything became clear and you suddenly understood that we are all connected? If you have, you’ve experienced what some call natural spirituality. It’s captured by observing the rhythm, vibration and cycles of nature and knowing that you’re a part of it.

• It’s in the moments when you step outside and take a deep breath of fresh air and feel so alive and happy to be exactly where you are
  • It’s in the moment that you kiss a newborn’s head and feel a surge of love ripple throughout your entire body & soul as you cradle this brand new life in your arms
  • It’s in the moment when you look through old photographs of long-passed ancestors and realize that who they were in part contributed to who you are today
  • It’s in the moment when you feel delight while getting puppy kisses and marvel over the love you can feel for a pet
  • It’s in the moments when you sit alone in silence, next to the lake, ocean, river or stream and feel at peace with the world as you listen to the water meeting the earth’s surface
  • It’s in the moments where we follow the guidance of our hearts instead of listening to our over-analyzing, self-doubting minds
  • It’s in the moments when we dare to live out our dreams, knowing with confidence that we deserve all of the good this world has to offer

So much love

Nobody can give you spirituality. No religion can teach you how to be spiritual. It is only when we begin to recognize the interconnectedness in the world – our bond to others and to nature – that our minds and hearts become more open to the fact that spirituality is ingrained within us; it’s just a part of who we are as human beings.

When we really start to take notice that we are all connected, spirituality just becomes a core part of who we are.

We begin to realize that our relationships are a microcosm of the world around us. We consciously and subconsciously create the environment in which we live. By finding and understanding our own true nature and finding the love within, we find it outside of us, too.

Can you remember moments when you experienced a sense of connectedness with your fellow human beings, nature or the world at large? What does spirituality mean to you? Is it something you practice or just a part of who you are?

If you like what you read here - subscribe to The Daily Awe.

If you’re looking for some insight into your career, relationships or life in general,  click here for an intuitive reading.

Thinking of going to the I Can Do It! Conference in Toronto? I went last year and loved it! Click on the banner below for more information. Hay House, Inc

Denise February 24, 2011 at 2:05 pm

HAHA!! I love this one! and I love that feeling- when I have it I try to describe it to other people and I always say I feel so good its as if my heart is so filled it’s about to burst…That exact feeling is what drives me on my journey and I have to say that the closer I get to my own soul and authenticity the more often I feel it…Its intoxicating :) Thanks Lindsey-keep sharing…<3

Lindsay February 24, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Yes! I've said I feel like my heart is going to burst with love/happiness on many occasions! Intoxicating, indeed. Good way to describe it Denise! :)

Jay February 25, 2011 at 8:42 am

I’m just back from an evening at the beach with my son and daughter in law. Standing on the bank of a tidal backwater, we watched schools of fish feeding on insects which had settled on the water. The fish swept backwards and forwards, very gracefully, as if they were swimming to music. It was a quiet, exciting, refreshing moment shared with close family.

And now, I have just read “The Daily Awe, Natural spirituality. Thanks.

Lindsay February 25, 2011 at 9:04 am

How fitting! Your evening sounds wonderful!

Jay February 25, 2011 at 8:42 am

And now, I have just read “The Daily Awe, Natural spirituality. Thanks.

Angela Artemis/Powered by Intuition February 25, 2011 at 7:05 pm

I really enjoyed this article. I have had these moments in my life and found them to be truly magical. I call it having a mystical experience. It does leave you feeling connected to everything and everyone. It’s almost indescribable.

Thank you for writing about such beautiful subject matter.

Lindsay February 26, 2011 at 10:08 am

It does feel mystical, doesn't it? It's just this electrifying feeling that makes you feel happier than you've ever felt before. You're right – words are hard to find to encapsulate the feeling.

Belinda February 25, 2011 at 7:17 pm

What a lovely post, Lindsay. I’m encouraged to read blogs like yours because it reminds me that more and more people are learning to trust their intuition and that there’s a movement to see how interconnected we truly are.

I clicked from Angela Artemis’ tweet.

Lindsay February 26, 2011 at 10:09 am

Thank you, Belinda! So glad you came here and like the blog. It means a lot to me. I definitely feel like more and more people are becoming aware of their intuition and connectedness. Exciting times. :)

Pamela March 8, 2011 at 7:42 am

I agree, that so many of us are awakening to how much we are all connected. I just felt so good and such a sense of connection reading this. Thank you so much for posting. Lately, I’ve started liking the words ‘conscious spirituality’. We are all on a spiritual path, and we are all students and teachers. Just some of us are more conscious of this thatn others.

Lindsay March 9, 2011 at 5:53 pm

"Conscious spirituality" – what a great term Pamela!! It's true that – no matter what our beliefs are – we are all students and teachers in this life. I love it.

Kara March 9, 2011 at 4:57 pm

When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I do, and that never fails to fill me with love is the kiss (and sometimes snuggle) I give and get from my kids. No matter what is going on in my life, none of it matters in that moment of absolute joy and love.

Thanks for reminding me to remember these Divine moments!

Kara

Lindsay March 9, 2011 at 5:55 pm

Kara – I really feel like it is in the moments I spend with children and really just sit and listen to them, love them and/or watch them that I am reminded of how incredible life is and how full of love we can be. I love that you have this with your kids each and every day!