This morning while I was standing in line for my coffee – just like I do every morning – I was entertained by a baby girl who was probably about 6-7 months old. She was looking at me and smiling and so, of course, I was smiling back and trying to engage her (helloooo biological clock). I noticed she was looking at me but seemed to be focusing above my head. I think she was looking at my aura. Normally I’d say she was looking at the guy behind me and I’m not nearly as entertaining as I’d like to be, but there nobody was behind me.
We often say babies can always tell who is safe and who isn’t – right away their “spidey senses” go off. I’m sure you know some people who are baby magnets – they’re good people, aren’t they? Baby repellants, on the other hand…not so much. It is my belief that we are all born with the ability to see auras and in fact, do see them during at least the first year of our lives. But somewhere along the line, we stop seeing them. We grow up and lose our innocence and with that, our memory of where we came from. And for most of us, our ability to see auras. That is unless we work hard to be able to see them once more.
I began seeing auras when I started practicing Reiki. Every time I was giving Reiki to someone, I would see beautiful colors – each one as unique as the person I was giving Reiki to. I came to learn that I was seeing the auras of the individuals. Realizing I was able to see auras was one of those “Yay!” moments in my life, but I wanted to know how to do it “on command” and not just when I was practicing Reiki. Slade Roberson discussed how to read aura’s in his Automatic Intuition course, which was very helpful. Here’s a quick how-to guide if you’d like to be able to read auras:
- Start with yourself: Turn off all the lights and make sure the background/environment is dark. Hold your hand in front of your face and just stare at it for a moment or two. Move your fingers slowly and see the energy that emanates from them. If you can’t see it, you can feel it if you really concentrate. Most of the time the energy you see will be white/light colored during this exercise.
- Practice on living things: Have a pet who will let you stare at him or her for a little while in a darkened room? (Boy that sound creepier than I mean it to!). Do the darkened stare/focus with a pet or a plant and you can see their energy, too.
- Don’t look directly at the object – look around it. While you’re looking at your hand, dog or house plant, look around it and not directly at it.
- Blink: Don’t dry your eyes out staring. You can blink and still see auras! Promise.
- Pictures: Pictures are how I do aura readings for clients. I ask you to send me a picture so I can focus not on your face (no matter how lovely you are), but the air around you. Sometimes clothing color or the color of the walls can throw you off. Just be mindful if you think someone’s aura color is the same color as the wall behind them, chances are it’s just the wall.
- Practice Reiki: if you’re already attuned to Reiki – fabulous! The next time you practice on someone, set the intention before the session to see their aura color.
Of course, each aura color has a meaning. Check out this article to see what your aura color represents: Aura colors and their meaning
Reading copious articles on how to read auras won’t do as much for you as actually practicing will. As with nearly anything, we need to practice, practice, practice! Give it a try and come back and tell me what results you get. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t see auras your first (or first several) tries. And if you have any specific questions, contact me. I love getting mail from readers!
If you can read auras, how do you do it? What tips, tricks and pointers do you have for beginners?
If you like what you read here – subscribe to The Daily Awe. Each month a subscriber is chosen for a free intuitive reading. And be sure to spread the love and share the article with friends/family/your neighbors/coworkers. I really appreciate it!