Energetic cords of attachment

Energetic cords of connection: the good and the bad

by Lindsay on July 21, 2011

in Personal Growth, Relationships

Love across the miles

We have a winner! Teri S. from Pennsylvania won the “Birth day weight” contest here on The Daily Awe. She guessed my birth weight was 7 lbs, 9 oz. She was only .5 ounces off (I was 7 lbs, 9.5 ounces) and she is the only one who guessed correctly, so she has won the free intuitive reading. Thanks to everyone who participated and played along. And congratulations, Teri!

For those of you who don’t know, Teri and I go way back. Way back. We grew up in Central Pennsylvania together and we became best friends in high school.  Remember my cheerleading days?

Now, before you get your knickers in a twist, no, we didn’t cheat and no, Teri didn’t hear it from me what my birth stats were many moons ago. We are just connected and she was able to tap into that. Maybe she had an advantage over others who don’t know me in person – I am not sure. But I do know this: even though I live “all the way” in Canada now and she has since moved away from our home town, we are friends and share a bond that transcends the miles between us.

Energetic cords of connection bond us to the people we share our lives and love with all of the time.

• Mothers always seem to just “know” when their baby is in danger. Even when that “baby” is 31.
  • Siblings can feel each other’s pain without so much as a word: I always know when something is going on with my sister Michelle because I get a sharp, stabbing pain in my left shoulder. Without fail, it always means she’s not 100% okay.
  • Old friends pick up the phone to call each other at the same time.
  • You were just thinking of someone and voila! An email from them shows up in your inbox.

Things like this happen all of the time. It’s because we’re connected on an energetic level. If you’re thinking of someone and can’t get them out of your head, there’s a good chance that person is thinking of you, too. Dontcha love the way that works? Well, most of the time.

Sometimes, the cords of attachment no longer serve a purpose. Or the purpose they serve isn’t so great. My friend Lisa wrote an excellent article about this very subject over at her blog. Go check it out:

3 Reasons to Cut a Cord of Attachment

As Lisa says, some cords need to be cut; it’s not nearly as scary as it sounds…it’s more like a clearing and it does your body (and soul) good! I’ve done it before and can attest to the fact that it absolutely works!

Not all cords need to be cut, of course. Some of them are wonderful to have. What are some of your energetic cord connection stories? Good and bad? Share them here!

Like what you read here? Subscribe to The Daily Awe! Or share this article with your friends!

Julie | A Clear Sign July 21, 2011 at 12:10 pm

Yea to your old friend for winning :) Starting a blog was a good way for me to reconnect with my old friends from school. I’ll pop over to Lisa to read about cords…

Lindsay July 21, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Which blog connected you to old high school friends? A Clear Sign? When I first started TDA I didn’t want anyone in my “real life” to know about it. I was shy, reserved and almost afraid of the reactions I’d get from people who knew me. The spiritual side of me wasn’t one I was really ready to go public with yet, I suppose. So much has changed since then, though. I’m honest-to-goodness shocked with how accepting people from my hometown have been!

Julie | A Clear Sign July 21, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Yes, A Clear Sign. Pretty soon after I started it I decided to post it to facebook, and just be “out” about it. If there were consequences, so be it – although I was not so ready to announce it amongst former colleagues in the event it was held against me in my job search. Still, Lindsay, we are what we are and hiding it doesn’t seem like a good idea, right…I imagine those who don’t want to see it, don’t. Some have been very accepting and have come to me for readings, others say nothing, and still others ask about it eventually in a round about way.

Lindsay July 22, 2011 at 8:52 am

You’re right – hiding it is definitely not a good idea. I don’t know why I did for as long as I did. But it’s freeing and good to be “out there”. Sure, it was way out of my comfort zone when I first came “out” (sorta like coming out as gay!) but it was for the best. Writing about reactions we get could be a good post. :)

Lindsay July 21, 2011 at 6:16 pm

Hey Lindsay! Energetic cords of attachment…hum…

Well…most of these cords are ones that I have had to release. I have been in release mode for a few months now and it has truly helped to lighten the load for me. Right now…I have really been connecting with the Angels as well as the Archangels and it has really been a pleasure to get to know them and embrace them in my life.

Lindsay July 22, 2011 at 8:51 am

It must feel so freeing to be in release mode, Kenya! Which Archangels are you connecting with most? This is an area I don’t know enough about and I’d love to learn more!

Lisa at Practically Intuitive July 21, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Lindsay, you are such a sweetie! Thank you for the shout out and the linky-love! Got lots of new visitors!

This really is a wonderful healing process and I’m so glad that more and more people are coming to understand how beneficial it could be for them.

:) Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Lindsay July 22, 2011 at 8:53 am

I’m glad to hear you got some new visitors thanks to the link! I’m always happy to spread the word (why does that sound religious to me? lol) when it’s good!

Justin | Mazzastick July 21, 2011 at 10:26 pm

I thought that I had guessed your proper birth weight. :)

The strongest cord that I had was with my Mom, Even when she moved to Florida I could tell when something was wrong.

I know about energetic cords even did some attempts at removing them. Maybe I should touch up on this subject some more.

Lindsay July 22, 2011 at 8:55 am

Hi Justin! I forget your guess! I’ll have to go back and check. 😉 I think the bond between mother/child is amongst the strongest we can have. No wonder why, really, since we have a very visible & real cord attaching us to her in utero!

Nathan July 22, 2011 at 2:56 am

For me, releasing attachments is one of the primary elements of my growth. One cannot waste energy on useless connection, right? After realizing the existence of cords, I was shocked by how many people carry these ‘ropes’ with them, how people around me are connected to each other – in a negative way. Definitely, getting rid of attachments is one of the most important elements of a spiritual growth.

Lindsay July 22, 2011 at 8:54 am

It is kinda shocking isn’t it, Nathan? I’m certain I’m not even aware of all of the cords I still carry with me because they are so old! One thing I wish more people knew was that cord cutting doesn’t = getting rid of that person from your life. It just means being able to move forward in a healthier way!

Amy December 22, 2011 at 9:48 am

I have a dear friend who can suck the life right out of me, at the same time that she inspires me to move into new areas of growth and perception. I continually am cutting the toxic cords and retaining the life giving cords in this relationship. When I do this, the life giving cords pulse more strongly, while releasing me from the unhealthy patterns she and I can get into. If I forget after a while to cut the regrowth…yes I do believe they regrow especially since I choose to remain in the friendship…I just do another clearing.

Lindsay December 28, 2011 at 10:49 am

That’s so great that you have a friend who inspires you like that. I’m sure you do the same for her! Glad to hear the cord cutting success stories!

{ 1 trackback }