The Universal Question: What is my Life Purpose?

by Lindsay on August 25, 2011

in Inspiration, Personal Growth, Souls

Photo credit: Lydia Diaz

“What’s my life’s purpose?” is one of the questions I’m asked most frequently from readers. Our spirit guides & our higher selves know the answer to this question. Our Akashic Records hold the answers from previous lifetimes as well as this one.

Usually when someone asks, “What’s my life purpose?” I know there is an underlying question in there somewhere. Something like:

• What career would I be best suited for?
  • Would it be a good idea to quit my current job to pursue my passions?
  • Will I be financially secure if I become self-employed?
  • What’s my true passion that will bring meaning to my life?
  • What are my innate skills and talents?
  • Is it in my soul contract to win the lottery in this lifetime? Oh please oh please oh please oh please say yes!

We all want to make sure we’re on the right path (though there is not really any wrong path, is there?).

How can I be sure I’m living out my life purpose?

Well, for starters, you’ll wake up in the morning feeling excited about your work. Doors will open up easily for you. (I don’t mean literally, unless you’ve been hitting the gym!) You’ll experience synchronicities that validate what you’re doing. There will be lots of signs – both in the form of gut feelings (otherwise known as your intuition) and the feedback you get from the outside world – that will let you know if you’re on track and living out your purpose.

If you keep waiting for the “right time” to pursue your passion, I’m here to tell you that now is as good a time as any to set the intention & get the wheels turning on manifesting a career path that is in alignment with your life’s purpose.  What are you waiting for?

Don’t worry too much over your life’s purpose. No, seriously! Don’t worry about it. I mean it – no worrying or fretting over it. (That’s rich coming from a Virgo moon & Virgo ascendant, isn’t it, you Astrology buffs?) The worry will suck the energy you need to actually get out there and live it! Instead, use that energy to speak with your guides and ask for signs. Seek the answers to your questions in the ordinarily “mundane”.

The purpose of your life is to serve in a way that brings great joy to yourself and others. Don’t worry about finding your purpose. Instead, focus on serving a purpose, and then your purpose will serve you. Does that make sense?

If you’re just really wishy-washy on the subject and you’re just not sure WHAT your purpose is, why not sit down and ask yourself what it is you would be most devastated that you didn’t get to do before you die? What would you feel crushed if you never got to experience or do? There’s your answer.

Even if you’ve asked your guides…or you’re pretty sure you’re on the right path, a soul contract reading can help you verify if you’ve found your purpose. Or help you identify what it is if you’re not too sure. If you would like a soul contract reading to learn about your soul purpose, send me an email! I specialize in connecting with your guides to open up that tome – your personal Akashic Record – to find out what lessons you’re here to learn and where your strengths lie and…how to use them!

Something important for all of us to remember is that no matter what your individual life purpose is in this lifetime, we are all here to experience, live and teach love. Whether you’re an accountant or a nurse, an editor or janitor, virtually all careers offer opportunities to teach love in one way or another. And if you don’t think your career is helping you live out your soul purpose, there are other ways to do it! Volunteering, letting your creativity out on evenings/weekends, even online by sharing your light on a blog or message boards.

How do you live out your soul purpose? Let us know!

——————————————————————————————————————————————

Justin | Mazzastick August 25, 2011 at 11:50 am

Great post Lindsay. I really resonate with the line that states our purpose is to serve in a way that brings great joy to ourselves and others.

Could you imagine how awesome earth would be if we all could just focus on that for a while.

Lindsay August 29, 2011 at 9:11 am

That’s such a nice thought isn’t it, Justin? I think we’ll get there…eventually. Maybe not in this lifetime, but soon.

Patti Foy | Lightspirited Being August 26, 2011 at 6:47 pm

I really like this post. First, I’ll answer your question and say that living my purpose to me means doing my blog and everything connected with it (like my various services). It’s a little daunting letting my light shine cuz a lot of intuitives are judged (and I used to care, hmmm), but it sure feels good.

But mostly I want to say that you are apparently in synch with your purpose. Your light shines right through your posts. They make me smile, literally. I just love your sense of humor. When I can read something and come away feeling uplifted, I’d say that person (that’s you) is doing something right.

Thanks bunches. Have a great weekend.

Lindsay August 29, 2011 at 9:13 am

Thank you SO much, Patti! I’m glad someone gets my weird sense of humor through this medium!

I used to be very hesitant to let my light shine, too. Actually, sometimes I still have a moment like that. But now I can acknowledge it and push it aside. That’s in part thanks to you and my other online intuitive friends who have paved the way!

Julie | A Clear Sign August 30, 2011 at 3:30 pm

I had a crazy week and never got to comment here, but I wanted to tell you that I had a post on Life Purpose all ready to go last week and substituted another at the last moment! I’m publishing it tomorrow and will link back to this post so everyone can get a double dose :)

Lindsay August 30, 2011 at 3:33 pm

That’s awesome, Julie. I was noticing things on Life Purpose ALL over the place last week. And remember Slade’s funny stuff on Facebook? That was last Thursday, too! Collective consciousness….and thanks in advance for the link love!

Andrea Friedmann August 30, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Lindsay, I used to be one of those people always wondering about my purpose. I am so grateful that I let my great joy guide me, first to Reiki and then to coaching… always to connecting deeply with others and often watching them or assisting them to transform!

I love the question, though, of what would be devastating if you couldn’t do it. It’s certainly a great place to start, and I believe our great purpose is to serve, as you say, but that can come in lots of forms and can change over time, so there’s no need to get caught up in titles and categories!

Lindsay August 31, 2011 at 11:44 am

Hi Andrea! Thanks for sharing. I am on the same path that you are (well, ‘cept it’s different b/c it’s my own) and I love following my joy.

Thank you for the reminder to not get caught up in titles or categories! That’s hard sometimes (especially when the first question out of strangers mouths is usually, “What kind of work do you do?”).

sam jones September 3, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Thank you.. love this. Just what I needed to hear :)

Lindsay September 5, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Thank you for sharing that with me. I needed to hear THAT today. <3

Adriana'Lovely February 12, 2013 at 3:14 pm

This is very good. I will try and find my meaning as I have been for a while but its just so hard for me to concentrate.. especially recently.

I would really love to know what my soul purpose is… or maybe I wouldn’t. I just want to be able to help people and help myself – Feel and give fulfilling feelings. I feel like my purpose has changed or been altered. Im really not sure exactly how to explain what I feel. It does help to hear that we are all to express and teach love. I try to do this at my best with out letting my “flesh” thoughts get in the way.

Is there a personal specific email address I can or should write to to get this detailed information?

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to me

Have a beautiful Day <3

-ALLSWN

Lindsay February 14, 2013 at 8:07 am

Hiya!

You are welcome to email me at lindsay@thedailyawe.com – I usually get to emails within a 48 hour period. I would suggest ordering a Soul Purpose reading to get this information – let me know if you have any questions! Have a happy day!

{ 2 trackbacks }