Animal communication: not the barking or meowing variety

Animal communication: not the barking or meowing variety

by Lindsay on September 1, 2011

in Animals, Relationships, Souls

I'm a sucker for cute animal pictures

A couple of weeks ago my friend Patti from Lightspirited Being posted about the fascinating topic of animal communication.  I commented that this is something I would like to start trying (and I do!) and that the topic enthralls me. Patti answered my comment with an email and offered to do a complimentary reading/session with my (almost) 9-year-old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Chester, as a means of testing the process. Patti has been practicing animal communication for years but only recently started offering her services professionally. I was more than willing to participate. As it turns out, Chester was too!

My ex-partner and I share custody of our sweet Chester and you don’t even want to know the point to which we’ve personified him and given him a “voice”. Or DO you? So of course I wanted to hear what Chester really has to say!

I emailed Patti a few photos and some questions that I was hoping she could get answers to from Chester. She was able to connect with him so well that even I (who believes whole-heartedly in this sort of thing) was shocked by the connection she had with him!  Patti sent me the audio of the session – her asking Chester the questions aloud and then relaying the messages from him back to me. I laughed, I cried and I was just blown away by what she got. A couple of days after Patti sent me the audio files we connected on the phone to discuss the session and cover certain topics in greater depth.

Cool! But how does animal communication actually work?

Animals communicate via telepathy – by sending the communicator images, thoughts and emotions. As we grow (us humans, that is), we learn to rely on verbal communication and our telepathic skills are pushed aside and become out of shape — kinda like how our muscles turn to jelly if all we do is sit around like a couch potato.  Just like your muscles, if these skills aren’t used regularly, they become weak and need some work to get toned.

Although we can all participate in animal communication if we practice enough, we know not all of us are going to take the time to do it. It’s awesome to have people like Patti in the world who offer these services to us pet lovers.  I almost said “owner”, but anyone who’s ever had a pet knows who owns who in these relationships.

Patti’s connection with Chester brought me a deeper understanding of my canine family member and has strengthened our bond. It even helped solve a long-term problem that had been plaguing me (and my living room floor) for far too long! I can recommend Patti’s services with confidence, so go check out her page!

Lightspirited Being Animal Communication Services

Have you ever communicated with animals? What is your experience?

Julie | A Clear Sign September 1, 2011 at 8:48 am

Awesome! I should talk to Patti about having a word with my Jack and Maine Coon regarding their nightly adventures…!

Lindsay September 1, 2011 at 9:16 am

Yes! My little guy was peeing on the floors in the livingroom and I couldn’t figure out why. And he was only doing it at MY house (and not Sarah’s) which made me take it personally. We were able to get to the bottom of it….but it’s still a work in progress. (In other words, I woke up to pee on my floor this morning, LOL!). Patti gave me some great suggestions, though.

Patti Foy | Lightspirited Being September 1, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Oh, Julie! I used to have a Maine Coon. I think they’re about the most beautiful cats in the world. (He was kind of a snot, tho, LOL).

Lindsay September 1, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Friends of mine used to have a Maine Coon as wel and whew…that cat was a diva! But also very beautiful. I think she just knew it!

Patti Foy | Lightspirited Being September 1, 2011 at 1:27 pm

This is a great description of the process of Animal Communication, including a good explanation of why we can all do it if we want. But you’re so right, most people don’t want to spend the time learning and practicing. And then they think they “can’t” when really they just have othe priorities. (I wrote a post just today with instructions and a practice session. It’s like a mini-class for those of you wanting to try it out.)

And: THANK YOU for your kind words about our session and for the recommendation. It means a lot to me for several reasons. Besides helping get the word out which I much appreciate, it shows what a generous person you are. I’ve had people (aka guinea pigs ;-)) work with me in the past to fine-tune how I will structure certain services, but none have taken the time to give such excellent feedback by email — and then write a blog post about it besides! It speaks volumes to your spirit and I’m honored to know you and to have had this chance to work with you one-on-one. Thanks so much!

And good luck with that “work in progress”. Keep me posted!

Lindsay September 1, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Hey Patti! I am going to go visit your site (and Ollie) tomorrow and see what I get. I’m excited about it!

You’re very welcome for the kind words and blog post. I am just so touched by all of it and had to share it with the world. Or….my readers! I’m pleased with our Mutual Admiration Society (lol)!

I’ll keep you posted!

Angela Artemis|Powered by Intuition September 1, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Hi Lindsay & Patti,
I’m so glad you wrote about your dog’s session with the amazing and talented Patti! She’s awesome – I can tell you from my own experience with her doing channeling for me.
Patti, I’m so happy that you’re doing animal communication. I have no doubt that you can communicate on a high level with these sweet creatures. I so wish I could communicate with my cat. I’ve tried….all I hear is his purring in my head. LOL.Some things are just not meant to be I guess. (I do get visitations from pets in the afterlife when I do readings though. Go figure?)
Thanks for sharing this with us Lindsay.

Lindsay September 1, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Patti is definitely awesome. Your ability to connect with animals in the afterlife is amazing, Angela. I am sure so many people who have lost a pet/family member feel so comforted by that. I know it offers me some comfort about pets who have died and the pets I don’t even yet have!

Justin | Mazzastick September 1, 2011 at 8:55 pm

Hey Lindsay,

That is so cool. I love to communicate telepathically with animals. It’s so funny when I am working at a clients house and they tell me that their pets normally don’t like people, except me of course. :)

I don’t have any pets at the moment nor do I want any because I also know who runs that relationship.

Lindsay September 1, 2011 at 9:13 pm

That’s so cool, Justin! I always say I know who to trust if animals like that person (or not). I didn’t know you could communicate with them, too. So awesome.

Tess The Bold Life September 4, 2011 at 3:30 pm

You’re talking about Chester like we talk about our grandchildren so even thought I never had pets I get it!

My granddaughter got a puppy when she was seven, a black lab, the year they moved away from us to the other side of the state.

I’ve watched their relationship over the years and have found it amazing. Mac just got her senior pictures taken and Cuddie (short for cuddles) is sitting next to her in one of them with his tongue out all the way.

I told Mac, it looks like Cuddie is so proud to be in that photo and is proud of you and your accomplishments. He’s saying, “WE made it Mac.”

Patti did a reading for myself when I was struggling in a relationship. She’s amazing.

Lindsay September 8, 2011 at 9:05 am

haha Tess, I know I’m a little bit on the crazy side when it comes to my dog! He’s my kid until I have a real one. :) I love your story of Mac & Cuddie…I’d love to see a picture! And I agree, Patti is AMAZING! Thanks for commenting. I always enjoy reading your blog so much. :)

{ 1 trackback }