11-11-11: What it means to me

11-11-11

by Lindsay on November 10, 2011

in 11:11, Environment, Numerology

Keyhole...

Quelle surprise – another spirituality-focused blog talking about 11-11-11!

Yep, I jumped on the 11-11-11 bandwagon. Not just because the bandwagon was full of cool people, but because I genuinely think this is a topic worth talking about.

But what can I say that hasn’t already been said? Well, not much, to be honest. But I can put my own spin on it.

There are several theories about what this date signifies. I’m not even going to touch on those, because so many other blogs covered it very nicely. Here are a few:

Paradigm Search: 11-11-11  – full of lots of good theories & will have updates throughout the day on November 11th

Solara & 11:11 – If you can get past the obnoxious fluorescent colors on the site, it’s worth reading

Shift Your Spirits: The Meaning of 11-11-11 – Slade Roberson sums up the different meanings quite succinctly

November 11th is Veteran’s/Remembrance Day – a day to honor the men & women who have served in the military in the USA & Canada. Here in Canada, there is always a moment of silence at 11:11 am.

On November 11th, 1911, America experienced The Great Blue Norther. The day began like any other – temperatures were seasonal across the country. And then suddenly, temperatures changed drastically. Within a span of 10 minutes, temperatures dropped 40-50 degrees. Dust storms, tornados, blizzards and thunderstorms were reported across the country.  According to News Ahead, “The NOAA.gov reports that sudden 50 degree temperature drops, though unusual, are not that rare. The Great Blue Norther acquired its name not from the extreme temperature changes, but from the accompanying weather phenomena.”

Will we experience weird weather phenomena this year? The only thing to do is wait and see.

Have you been seeing 11:11? Or 1:11?  Some say that’s a wake-up call – something big is about to happen in your life. For others, it’s a sign that a long-awaited wish is about to come true. For others, it’s just a time to make a wish.

Curious about what it means to me? I’ll be writing out powerful intentions for things I wish to accomplish and manifest throughout the next several months. I’ll take some extra time (maybe 11 minutes?) to meditate in the morning. And I intend to do 11 things that I might not ordinarily do, but would brighten someone else’s day. Because…why not?

If you’re feeling stuck and not sure where to go from here – or what path to follow at a fork in the road, now is a good time to get an intuitive reading. I can help you figure out where you are now, what from the past is (possibly) holding you back, and what steps you need to take in order to live out your purpose and feel fulfilled. Visit the intuitive readings page to learn more.

What does 11-11-11 mean to you? Will you be doing anything to commemorate the day? Or will you be hunkered in your basement with years worth of canned beans, water, batteries and flashlights…”just in case”?

pea November 10, 2011 at 10:34 am

The day and time means nothing to me Lindsay. It is other people mentioning it that brought it to my attention and I have a feeling it will come and go like any other day.

I like this line, “I personally believe this date marks the beginning of a new cycle in life – even if just for each person who wishes it to be.” And that is pretty much how I feel about it. Things are given the significance we choose to give to them.

Very nice to meet you. Your blog is very intriguing.

Lindsay November 10, 2011 at 11:00 am

You know what, Pea? I agree. I dont’ think we’re going to go through this huge, massive shift that’s obvious to everyone. Like I said – the day will be what you want it to be. We create our own reality, right?

I’ve been seeing 11:11 for years now. Some folks in my life tell me I see it more often now because I’m aware of it and consciously acknowledge it. It’s like when we buy a new car and then notice all of the other cars on the road just like ours, whereas before we didn’t ‘see’ them. Anyway – it’s nice to meet you, too! I just took a look at your blog and I love the layout and design.

Heather November 10, 2011 at 11:33 am

Lindsay, would you believe I was just typing you an email and writing about 11:11 and I looked at the clock and it was 11:11! I took a moment to send blessings and healing to the earth and the people on it. My dad’s birthday is tomorrow too!

Lindsay November 10, 2011 at 11:36 am

I believe it, Heather! Synchronicities galore! Happy birthday to your dad tomorow! :)

Julie | A Clear Sign November 10, 2011 at 11:50 am

You know I resisted the urge because I was so busy having a crazy week that the thought to write about it didn’t even cross my mind. Glad you did though! This has been one incredible time and journey. I wish I could share with you a reading I did yesterday because it blew my mind. I’m not sure why I am getting so “lucky” but I am amazed at what has been showing up. Happy tomorrow (and all the other days, too).

Lindsay November 10, 2011 at 11:54 am

Well, you’ve piqued my interest and made me curious about what came up in the reading! I agree with you – it’s been an incredible time & journey. It’s not just about one day – people who are energetically sensitive have been aware of the changes for a while now. But I think we’ve all been feeling it, sensitive or not. I can think of a bunch of reasons why you’re getting so “lucky”, btw. :)

Patti Foy | Lightspirited Being November 10, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Hi LIndsay,

Thanks — I like your idea of writing intentions tomorrow and I’m going to do that too now. The number 1 is about manifestation to me so that fits perfectly. I think Doreen Virtue’s book “Angel Numbers” says that as well, and while I’m at it I’ll just say that one of my favorite books about numbers is “The Secret Science of Numerology” by Blackwell – you might want to check that out.

Personally, my 111 period seems to be mostly over but during my first Matrix Energetics seminar I began seeing it everywhere, and that continued intensely for about 5 years. It could not possibly be a coincidence. Every time I notice it, still, I will pause (if I can) and check in on what my energy’s like, i.e. what am I manifesting, and then take a moment to Two-Point (Matrix Energetics) something more intentional into being. Very cool.

I get your posts by email and did notice it got sent at 11:01. I do that too. Aren’t we just little nerds?

Thank you and have a most wonderful 11/11/11!

Patti Foy | Lightspirited Being November 10, 2011 at 2:27 pm

OOPS, the author of the very cool number book is not Blackwell. It’s Shirley Blackwell Lawrence. Sorry.

Lindsay November 10, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Hi Patti! I’m going to check out that book by Shirley Blackwell Lawrence you suggested. I’m always on the lookout for new books and interesting reads. That’s on my list now.

In the past several months I’ve been keeping an 11:11 ‘log’ and always take note of what I’m thinking about when it comes to my attention. The thing is, 11:11 is no longer the number I see most frequently. That number is 33 – my life path number. I’ve yet to figure out what seeing it is all about!

PS – We are totally little nerds! At least I’m in good company. :) Happy 11/11/11 to you, too!

Kimberlee November 10, 2011 at 6:22 pm

What? It’s 11/11? :)

So, last night I had a prophetic dream about a key that was placed in my pocket by spirit. Then I opened up your blog this afternoon and saw your image and thought, wow- kindred spirits!

Thanks for the very real, very authentic, resourceful 11/11 blog.

I’m always so grateful for your perspective.

Kimberlee

Lindsay November 10, 2011 at 9:23 pm

WOW Kimberlee how awesome is that! Weirder still, I had another photo picked out for this article and at the last minute (right before hitting publish) I decided to change it to this keyhole. Kindred spirits indeed. :) Thanks for your support – it means a lot to me!

Todd | Channelingmyself November 10, 2011 at 7:04 pm

I’ve been one of those 11:11ers for some time now. I recently just started seeing the sequence again and still don’t really know what it means for me. As far as tomorrow goes, I guess we will just have to wait and see if anything significant happens.

Lindsay November 10, 2011 at 9:24 pm

Hi Todd! There are so many of us 11’11ers around these days. I remember back when I first started seeing it, it seemed hardly anyone was talking about it. And now so many people are! Very interesting. Something tells me tomorrow will come and go without much ado…but we’ll see. :)

Justin | Personal Growth November 11, 2011 at 12:03 am

I just published my 11/11/11 post as well. I couldn’t resist. I actually wrote it this afternoon and when I went upstairs to the kitchen, guess what time it was on the Stove clock? 1:11. I had to laugh at that one.

Lindsay November 11, 2011 at 9:39 am

hahah that’s awesome, Justin. I’m going to go check out your article now!

Nathan November 11, 2011 at 8:50 am

I’m out of ideas for article today, but I’m NOT going to write anything about 11/11/11, you can’t force me… I hope. Oh, I don’t know :).

Anyway, for me, it’s yet another Independence Day in Poland. Beside that, I can’t really see any mysticism or deeper meaning in this date.

Lindsay November 11, 2011 at 9:40 am

Hi Nathan! Independence Day in Poland, eh? Does that mean everyone gets the day off from work? Lucky! I think today is going to be like any other day – it’ll be what we make it. Is there a shifting of energies? Absolutely — but that happens every day. We shall see!

Fiona November 30, 2011 at 8:37 am

Hi there ,

I have been seeing 11.11 and 1.11 on clocks since May 2011 and still dont know what that means ?

But interesting , on 11/11/11 at 11.11 am I was wearing an laynard with my work ID tag and at the time at 11.11 am the work id tag fell off and felt the laynard pulling me down .

Can anyone explain this to me please ? Is it a sign of a new life ??

Thanks and any advice will be welcome :-)
Fiona :-))))

quest bars February 8, 2016 at 5:48 am

Hello! I’ve been reading your blog for some time now and finally got the bravery
to go ahead and give you a shout out from Austin Tx! Just wanted to say keep up the fantastic job!