Things to Keep in Mind While Developing Your Intuition

A Year’s Worth of Intuition Development Wisdom

by Lindsay on November 17, 2011

in Empath, Intuition, Personal Growth, Readings

Mandala to activate your 3rd eye courtesy of Optimystic Arts

Mandala to activate your 3rd eye courtesy of Optimystic Arts

Although my blog turned 1 on July 17th, I only started doing intuitive readings in early October 2010 after taking Slade Roberson’s Automatic Intuition course. The story of how I was drawn to take that class hasn’t yet been written. But you can read my review of the course.

Over the past year I’ve met incredible people I’ve done intuitive readings for – each with a unique story and every single one of them has taught me something.  I’ve also been contacted by some weirdos, but that’s for a whole ‘nother post.

While it’s true that I’ve always been an empath, I haven’t always been a skilled empath, and I haven’t always known how to do intuitive readings. My intuitive skills developed over the course of time rather than having them in full power at birth.  Which, by the way, is still ongoing – my growth and skills change all of the time. We’re never really done learning.

I believe that we are all intuitive – every last one of us – and it’s just a matter of having the desire and drive to develop it. Some of us do, some of us don’t.

If you’re trying to develop your intuition,  these points are worth keeping in mind:

• Just like our fingerprints, everyone has a unique signature for higher sense perception. There is no higher sense that is “better than” another. Just because someone can see angels/spirit guides and I can hear them doesn’t mean I’m right and she’s wrong. It just means we get information in different ways.
  • You’ve got to “trust what you get” – which is what my friend Lisa from Practically Intuitive always says. And guess what? She’s right! Quite often I’ll get information about someone or something and think, “Am I making this up?!” I’ve learned to share it anyway  – those things that I usually think I’m “making up” are often just what the other person needed to hear.
  • Developing your interpretation skills takes time. Because Spirit so often talks to us in symbols, you need to know yourself well, know how you get the information and how you process it. Be patient with yourself. This sort of thing usually isn’t learned overnight. I’m still learning – and I hope I will be until I draw my last breath.
  • Watch out for the mind/ego trying to insert its viewpoint and tell you that you/your intuition/your guides are wrong, wrong, wrong. The ego loves playing mind games and loves making us doubt ourselves.
  • You don’t have to be right 100% of the time. No psychic knows everything. Intuitive people are here at “earth school” too. And if we knew everything, we wouldn’t need to be.  Yeah, it sucks when someone tells you that you got something wrong. But, sometimes people come back and say something like, “What you said didn’t make sense at the time but later it suddenly dawned on me…” No one is always right – no matter what your husband/wife/partner/boss would like you to believe about themselves.
  • It’s easier to pick up intuitive information for others than for yourself. Ever hear this joke? Two psychics met on the sidewalk. The first psychic said to the second, “You’re fine, how am I?” I don’t know what my future holds – I’m not supposed to! That would take half the fun out of living, wouldn’t it? It’s so much easier for me to pick up information for someone else – I’m not as emotionally attached to the outcome and therefore know that what I get is what I get, and not just my hoping/wishing making stuff up.

What have you learned about developing your intuition in your practice?  Do you wonder what it’s like for someone doing intuitive readings? Share your questions & comments here!

Julie | A Clear Sign November 17, 2011 at 10:39 am

You are so right, we are developing always. I love listening to intuitives talking and interviewing each other and the fact that we can share information and ideas freely. You don’t need to do this for very long to do a great job and to start connecting the dots when things repeat. It’s kind of like your own personal spiritual shorthand.

Lindsay November 17, 2011 at 11:48 am

I love listening to intuitives chat & interview each other, too! I am thinking of doing something similar on here – I’ll get in touch with you about that soon.

Lisa at Practically Intuitive November 17, 2011 at 12:41 pm

Thanks for the shout out, Linds! 🙂 Really good article – I especially like the point about everyone having their own signature for receiving guidance.

When I first began to notice that I “hear” information, I assumed everyone heard it. My friends disabused me of this notion (nicely!) and then I got it.

It’s such fun working with deeper perception because there IS always more to learn and room to grow. I love this work beyond measure. Truly.

*And I love you too! 🙂

Lindsay November 17, 2011 at 4:11 pm

You are SO SWEET! I just love you to bits. I like that you used the word “disabused”. I am going to try to remember to use that in a sentence. I love this work, too. So, so much. And I am always happy to share your link & your wisdom with others!

Justin | Personal Growth November 20, 2011 at 8:11 pm

I want to hear more about the weirdo’s that contacted you. 🙂

Learning to trust the information that you are getting is tough when the ego mind gets in the way. It is indeed a skill to coerce the ego mind to side-step for a while until the intuitive session is over.

Take Care…

Lindsay November 22, 2011 at 7:30 am

LOL I figured someone would mention wanting to hear more about the weirdos. I’d love to post an article but that might just be downright rude of me. We’ll see…if I can figure out a way to be diplomatic about it, I”ll post!

Lisa-Marie November 22, 2011 at 12:47 am

I love this piece! “My intuitive skills developed over the course of time rather than having them in full power at birth. Which, by the way, is still ongoing – my growth and skills change all of the time. We’re never really done learning.”

That is me in a nutshell. Everything is a process and growing process.

Lindsay November 22, 2011 at 7:30 am

Thanks! Glad you like it & can identify. 🙂 You’re right: everything is a process. Who of us has been born “all-knowing”…and actually remembers it? lol Nice to see you commenting on here!

Patti Foy | Lightspirited Being November 23, 2011 at 5:49 pm

Oh, thanks, your joke in that last point made me laugh out loud! Too perfect!

LOVE love love your new look, it’s beautiful! Calming and inviting. Way to go.

Happy Thanksgiving. Oh wait, are you Canadians grateful? (Just kidding. ;-))

Lindsay November 24, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Canadians are ungrateful sods! Juuuust kidding. We celebrated our Thanksgiving in October (gets colder sooner up North, so the harvest is earlier) but believe you me, I’m having a wild pity party for myself sitting here at work when I should be in PA being a glutton with my family!

I’m so glad you like the new look. I commissioned the help of a wonderful designer who did so much for the site. 🙂 If you ever need one, let me know – she rocks!

Sol | Some Insight Required November 27, 2011 at 10:07 pm

I wish I could find a designer to help me *is having a pity party*

Anypony…

I agree with everything you write. ESPECIALLY the ‘trust what you get’ part. Oh, and we shouldn’t modify the info either, I feel.

Lindsay November 29, 2011 at 4:52 pm

Yeah I agree with the not-modifying what we get, Sol. Sometimes the “mistake” or the rough, unpolished draft of what we’ve written is what the person needs to hear.

Btw – I paid my designer! That’s why she helped. 🙂

Kara November 29, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Lindsay,

Great article! You captured the most important points that other should know about intuitives. I think sometimes it’s hard for people to remember that intuitives are just like everyone else, learning as they live. I liked the intuitive joke – perfectly sums up how it works!

Kara

Lindsay November 29, 2011 at 4:54 pm

Thanks, Kara! Yup, I think sometimes it’s hard for people to realize that intuitives are people, too! lol I think sometimes people can get intimidated “Can she read my mind?!” or think we know EVERYTHING. Nope…no such luck!

Girls suchen gratis Sex in Alfter Deutschland January 25, 2016 at 1:51 pm

Sweet blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo News.
Do you have any tips on how to get listed iin Yahoo News?
I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there!
Many thanks

PhoneChatGo | Best Free Phone Chat Lines 2016 January 28, 2016 at 8:13 pm

Hottest cellphone chat LineIn North America

PhoneChatHub is considered to fit ypur temper and
needs. the one who you are, safely and anonymously.
we would like you tto have thee abillity to share your fantasies
and needs, whereas feeling safe and saf enough to doo so.

Thats why we keep both user information 100percent private and never
ration by means of other cbothers.
You go to thhe office of the video courting services agencyy and
initiate a personal ad. most individuals who name these
strains are tinking ahout engaging in a intercourse tussle over the phone.
As everyone has different needs in this division, you have to be
flexible enough to present them what on eqrth they need in order to be
successful in this soft of enterprise. in addition, you’re going to want to your gossip empire
it’s a business. As a substantial amount of those that call these lines accomplish that at night time, you might need
to alter your schedcule in view of that that you just engage inn
mission at evening as an alternative of diring the day. They then in turn reward you.

tbis enables so that you can less living with regards to amassing and more existence earning when you are by
the side of the telephone.
It is adcvisable to strive a unattached try out model of phone banter reign.
this manner, you will knolw the benefits and downsides of its services.

PhoneChatBaay is designed to fit your moood and needs.
care for the onee who yyou are, safewly annd anonymously.
we want yoou to be able to allowance your fantasies and desires, while intuition safe and safe sufficient to take action. Thats
why we hold each onee person information a hundred% private
and never ration byy different cbothers.

Freee try-out cellphone

Think of the person the other finish of the cellphone as your lover ass properly.
you need to use your creativeness to gorge a very good living wikth
them and this will be shown in your dialog. plant of telephone chat gives you to speak in furthermore slender channel and being span. phone
corporations sorted them available and low-cost for everyone.
thee onee thing that you will gain uneasy a peopos is to know the way to utility these thuings and then yyou might be
next to the go. numerous websites seet up it so much cooler stopping aat giving us
long house calls inn quite costs. Or you may hold
on to more inventive. i am just expressing my concentration in the closing
section. there isn’t any in utilizing telephone good-natured reemarks era.

Call simply pick uphiull your telephone and dial8sixty
six-942-forty three19file leave a address relating yourself and agree to others know whatsoever exactly you’re
looking for express your personal unique character.
persevere with launch and trustworthy. details are necessary here.
Browse take heed to addrresss off tons of of scorching native singles
and discover an individual who pursuits you. shup them a announcedment (or
ice-) or be a art of them in a private dwell
dialog. enjoyy relax and simply benefit from the conversation. ration your
ideas, fantasies and deepest desires. next to telephoneChatBay you can go completely unmanageable.
No holdin again!

Phone chitchat interview

Why wouldnt you stay? Areas to stay significantly cautious with reference
to are marital status and bodily appearance. you caan start exchanging pics.

If the other side does not need to send a photo, its nott a crimson but a advisory sign. If shhe or he repeatedly comes by an rationalization, it’s as a result of that particular person has one thing to hide.

in caee your ate desires you to keep it personal, thiis is a very large crimson .
Your security agove both else! keep the placement off the primary date in a dispose.

stay near other individuals in a lighted area.
hence listed below are thereforeme tips. ensure you know the right
wway to log off quickly if it’s essential to and limit
lucid on thee commands that you must hurl private chats.

http://phonechatgo.com/ February 4, 2016 at 11:37 am

Hot Lahore Girls For Dating Arre yyou looking for Desi
Girls for ultimate fun and entertainment? If she is
at yoour place, she will exdpect you to make the first move, and you should feel free to begin kissing her when yyou are ready.
Free cell phone dating services allow phone calls
to be made between twoo participants. Don’t let this happen to you.
Makke your conversation humorous! So, how do you telll whether a
partner is deceitful? Such agencies keep a database of numbers, and
have a provision for many phone lines.

Women are often left wondering how they should handle phone calls with the
mann they are involved with. Connection means to show her that you and hher have something in common. If your love interest finds that ouut one fine day, you’ll be in a
fix! Some see marriage as the ultimate goal, while others just want to expand their social circle andd go on some fun dates.
But much as some of the success storiees on this website make
uss see how easy it is to find love, it doesnt work that way for everyone.
The singles are few steps away from getting in touch with the other singles.
As such, it behoves you to be specific about what
you’re looking for.

Many agencies are offering free phone dating services.

That way is ssetting upp a web account through the provider.
If you make the mistake of calling too frequently, at the wrong time or before he’s ready to hear from you,
you can actually turn him off. Let him do the calling in this case.
You simply have to be yourself and showcase what you are all about.
Just look around you: First, they are oon datting websites or inn onlijne flirt communities.

It is easdy to mset girls on Facebook, and it is eady to meet girls on MySpace,
but you have to know how to flirt and escalate things.
Mosst women would give anything to know what their men are thinking.

Many guyhs get dismayed at the competition, which
is most of the time 5-10 to one. Alll these lwad to the fact that dating and finding someone great
to date is not easy for everyone. Typically when you date an emotionally unavailasble person, all your
dates feel the same. Understandably, you don’t want your heart to bee involved too much when you’re dating someone, only
to realize the person is emotionally unavailable. Use only the
paid reverse phone search servicees if you would like to have the most accurate
data.

There are things that are in your control that will change the way
he seses you. She is employed to sedll drinks. 121 is an officially legalized and licensed phone service and
it is due to this reason that many people today exclusively
rely on the 121 phone sex. But with the technological advancement, the search has
also narrowed down. Then there’s the popullar online dating.

Meeting at a quiet place will help you get too know the person and allow
you to reach our comfort zone faster. Thiss is recommended if you nnot only suspect yor companion is messing around on you, but
doing so in your own house.

There is an option of free adult chat lines services used by thousands of callers; it iss the fastest, molst enjoyable and
easy way to meet new people and to get the information and services you need every day.

Whhen you’re ready to being using the service, simply find someone who you’re interested in through the database annd text or call the dedicated number to get in contact with them.
And after a week on Facebook or MySpace, a beautiful woman will have learned to spot and delete such messages in an instant.
You try to make the most of whatever little time you do get
together and… There aree no Western morals here, but is that good or bad?
Well, the problem iss this can quite easily boomerang on you.

Following are sokme phone dating ideas you can try out!
Try searching for thhe person from sidee to side any of the well-liked websotes
andd you might now eend up lucky. One off the best things about free phone dating services is that after a person becomes a member and creates a profile, the service provier takes care off the
remaining formalities. Substantial variety of single people and hopefuls exist around
online dating sites towns and also thee amoount goes on as nights passes.
In this method of dating, potential partners get connected or hooked up through mobile phones.
This is whhere the phone dating services come to be
of great help. By ust talking in the phone, you would not
only be able to make frriends but at the same time
you would also be able to meet that special black person in your
life. There are small gestures and hints in what a guy says and does, that a
girl needs to pick up on and decide whether to sit back reassured, or to head down the break-up path.

You might bbe pondering if you should look at participating in internet dating residrential areas.
However, before making any moves, you need to bbe iin a position of power first.
And isn’t that the most common way foor people to get
a girlfriend? Sometimes you just don’t feel like going out and reliving alll of the sasme drama
that you can find at tthe local gay bar. First, isn’t that kind of a weird question,
if you consider that he doesn’t know her yet? Dating Swedish men will therefore not be as hard as you
imagine.

As a Swediah man dating a woman from a different culture, you do not have
to suffer in silence, make it known that you are crippled with fear and make it light as you date.
So iif you also experience the same problem, yoou can make your spare time very pleasurable just by joining Latino adult chat lines or Hispanic adult chat lines or Spanish adult chat lines.
You need to pace yourself soo he believds that you have more to do than get back in contact with him.
Once you have completed the registration, you can create yokur own profile by
logging into the system. The best thing iss to laugh
about both your cultures. Not too long ago, online dating services continues to be common,
due to online dating sites currently have extend way upp
his or her primary internet dating protection. If a guy approaches a hot
girl by asking her how her weekend was, he’s actually trying to build a
connection.

If your man called and left you a voicemail, it’s best to wait at least oone hour to call him back.

This way he may bbe able to tell every time if the other man has lidd about
something or has een in trrouble with the law.
Pattaya is one of a kind, it’s a place that lives by its own rules and norms.
Surely, with all the world to pick from, that person ust be out there, right?
If you haven’t guessed it by now, you’re making your ex want you by not wanting him.
As I found out later, my dear young friend followed his typical careless pattern and went to some dude’s place in a questionable part of
town. A lot of people struggle at times too search for
the right companion.

Yoou get tto use a kind oof technology that allows you to establish any kind
of relationship you want.

http://phonechatgo.com/ February 7, 2016 at 7:31 pm

Video courting via Skype

QuestChat is the premier telephone chat house inNorth America .

QuestChat connects 1000’s of real, attractive singles similar to
you every single morning. Connect by cellphone chat or mobile app and join hundreds of QuestChat singles from across North America.
Theres onee thing for everybody onn QuestChat!
Telephone courting you have to study whatsoever issues bestow trigger a girl to feel need and fascination it must set up find to you.
telephone courting Not only would he continue the conversation, but it would also
give you a chnce to raised know who inn tthe end provide extra uncooked material from which
you may make another name. telephone dating

Dating byy SMS

A cellphone (short fortelephone ) is an digitgal device designed to permit two-means audio .

Whether you’re in search of Mr. or Ms. proper orr Mr.

or Ms. right , there’s an app for that. fortuitously,
wwe reside within the fast-paced, cellullar mustiness where
you’ll be able to meet anybody, anythe place, simply through
the use of yourLooking tto meet in the air a enchanting
gal or handsome man while you’re out and a propos?
cellular dating apps is likely to be simply your factor.Stockbyte/Andrew Bret Wallis/ Getty photographs Whether you are on the lookout for Mr.

or Ms. proper or Mr. or Ms. proper at present, there’s an app for that.
fortuitously, we stay within the quick-paced, moile where
you may meet anybody, anythhe place, simply through the use of yourphone .
greater than ever, right ths moment’s courting services are counting oon technology combined by means of individuals’s desire for immediate gratification. in actual fact, a recent study has shown that people are using dating apps extra rapidly than any other sort oof app available, including ideo games, information and
leisure [source:Rao

What is a phone?

Listen to caller profiles and send messages without cost! Tele/Megaphone is without doubt one of the solely phone courting providers that permits you to send messages at no charge! On other dating lines you may by way of the to ship messages. Not on Tele/Megaphone. appropriately start listening and join. without spending a dime!

Start dating by means of eHarmony as we speak

With 1-eighty0 Personals I can meet males in the crack of dawn.I can meet males at night time. I can talk to males each time I feel like it. anywhere I journey I can findsomeone up to now. My girlfriends nearly given calling me andgetting put on hold. They decided to united your 1eightyzero personalsservice and retaliate with me. They obtained jealous I had so many males to talk to anytime. so long as you have got house phone (or mobile phone in my peapod) and plague this 1-eightyzero personals chatline telephone quantity, who wants laptop dating? Thank yooooooooooooouuuuu!”

{ 3 trackbacks }