Earlier this month, it just felt like the energies weren’t flowing in my favor. Or, at least not in the way I wantedthem to. But then I read this:
If you’re experiencing intense or odd energies and feelings right now, or are feeling sad, tired, experiencing insomnia, or have been extremely emotional and crying more than normal lately, you’re not alone.
There is a big shift occurring, and sensitive people are being highly affected. The lower energies are also trying to dampen the light right now, which is impossible in spiritual truth, but nonetheless the increased lower energies are affecting us. We need your help. Now is the time to allow your inner light to shine as brightly as possible. How do you do this? By being your natural beautiful self, by praying, meditating, taking excellent care of your body, and focusing upon your blessings and gratitude. This world needs as much light as possible right now, and your light can make a huge positive difference.” From Doreen Virtue’s Facebook fan page
I posted it on The Daily Awe’s Facebook page and it seemed to have resonated with a lot of people. So I thought to myself, “Self! You might feel like a miserable sloth today, but you could at least stop saying, “Woe is me” in 50 different ways long enough to focus on your blessings and express some gratitude.”
Then this list was born: 50 things I’m grateful for (in no particular order)
- Life: I’m grateful that I’m here today, experiencing the world, breathing, loving, living.
- Family: I have an amazing family – supportive, loving, amazing in so many ways.
- Friends: My friends are my rock – love them.
- Love: Love permeates throughout my life in so many ways.
- My dog: There’s so much love in this little ball of fur – he’s taught me so much about life.
- Books: Reading takes me places I’ve never been – across centuries, even and helps me escape.
- Canada: This country has changed me and given me so much, not the least of which is free health care and an affordable University education
- Food: I live to eat, what can I say? I love me some food.
- Music: Always have something playing in the background at home. Music speaks to the soul.
- My home: Warm, cozy and all mine – my safe space at the end of the day.
- Warm showers: Starting the day with a warm shower makes everything better.
- Courage: I’ve been blessed with courage to be who I am, no apologies.
- Traveling: So much beauty around the world – I want to see it all.
- Happiness: No explanation needed.
- Sadness: Without sadness, happiness wouldn’t feel as “happy”.
- Fear: It makes me see the parts of myself that are holding me back from living the life I want to.
- Pain: There’s always a lesson in it.
- The self check–out at the grocery store: Can’t stand lines? Check yourself out! Fun.
- Rain: It’s so comforting & cleansing. Two of my favorite activities are playing in the rain and staying in from the rain with a book & blanket.
- Rainbows: Beauty from the heavens
- Sunshine: Spending time in the sunshine makes life brighter. Literally & figuratively.
- Kind strangers: Witnessing the random acts of kindness of strangers makes me want to be a kind stranger, too.
- The Internet: I’ve met so many wonderful people through this medium.
- My job: It pays the bills and keeps a roof over my head. Plus, I learn something every day.
- My lightening–fast typing speed: I still can’t type as quickly as I think. But I almost can.
- Journals: Writing is therapeutic.
- Water: Peaceful. Cleansing. My element.
- The Ocean: Okay, technically this is water, but the ocean is my favorite body of water. Nothing like the sound, sight and smell of the ocean to calm down an anxious soul
- 80’s love ballads: I’m a child of the 80’s, what can I say?
- Body: Okay there’s lots I’d change about my body, but I love it for the experiences it gives me and the joy of experiencing life in the third dimension.
- Mind: Love thinking…except when I think too much.
- Soul: What’s not to love? Our souls are wiser than we can comprehend.
- Spirit Guides: Having constant friends is so comforting.
- Blogs: Meeting like-minded people through blogs has changed my life.
- Movies: A great, 2 hour escape
- Coffee: Wakes me up, makes mornings feel much more tolerable
- Resiliency: Picking yourself up after disappointments and letdowns is all thanks to the resiliency of the human spirit
- Photography: Love seeing images from places I’ve never been, of people I’ve not yet met
- Reiki: Learning how to give energy medicine has been one of my biggest gifts in life. Almost done with my Master/Teacher course, too!
- Intuition: The feeling, voice or “just knowing” we all carry inside that tells us what’s right
- Crossword puzzles: These are fun and keep my mind sharp. Plus I feel so smart when I finish one!
- Wisdom of others: Has opened my eyes, mind & heart in so many ways
- Generosity: I love giving and receiving. Try to give something every day.
- The fact that a grocery store is a 3 minute walk from my house: I hate grocery shopping so, so much. It helps having one so close by.
- Understanding: When I make mistakes, it feels good to have someone understand. When I hurt, it’s comforting to hug someone who has been there, done that.
- The ability to dream: My dream world is vivid and always has lessons.
- Tears: Cleansing in so many ways.
- People I do readings for: I’ve learned something from each and every one of you.
- Laughter: It’s contagious and feels oh-so-good.
- Gratitude: I’m grateful for the ability to feel & express my gratitude.
When we express gratitude for what we have in our lives, more good comes to us. Here’s to hoping the energies around us start becoming a bit more positive. Have you been affected by the energies around us lately? How are you feeling? What are you grateful for? How can you help spread some light? Like what you read here? Subscribe to The Daily Awe! Or share this article with your friends, family and Facebook pals!