Can aura colors change? What IS an aura, anyway?

Can aura colors change? What IS an aura, anyway?

by Lindsay on January 19, 2012

in Auras, Environment

Photo credit: Lin Pernille Photography on flickr

Today’s article is inspired by a question from a reader:

“Is an aura a constant picture of someone’s underlying self rather than a reflection of their reactionary self? By which I mean, can your aura change based on your feelings that are directly linked to external stimuli, or does it remain constant?”

Good question, Judy!

Can our aura colors change? What influences the colors of our aura? Or are we born with certain colors and they remain unchanged?

First, let’s cover the basics.

What is an aura?

An aura is an energetic field that surrounds every human being. Actually, every living thing. Auras appear in the form of a color, visible to the trained intuitive eye. The aura reflects your state of consciousness. Auras can give us an idea of an individual’s emotions, thoughts, abilities and their energies. Each color signifies a certain vibration which has different meanings.

What does an aura consist of?

The aura is made of seven energetic layers – 7 layers just like we have 7 chakras. Like the chakras, each layer has its own frequency. Each layer of the aura affects the others and profoundly affects a person’s mood, behavior, way of thinking and physical health.

Your aura is effected by:

• What is going on outside of your body: work environment, the energy in your home, neighborhood & city, country and even the world
  • What’s happening in your body: Are you sick? Pregnant? Losing (or gaining) weight? Eating crappy foods? All of these things have an effect on your aura
  • Smoking/Drinking/Taking a toke off the ‘ole bong: ‘Nuff said
  • Your thoughts: Do you have mostly positive thoughts? Negative? A combination of both? No matter what you’re thinking, it’s affecting your aura
  • Emotions/Feelings: Are you feeling gloomy lately or are you coasting blissfully throughout your day? The way you are feeling has an incredible impact on your aura
  • Other people: It’s common to have other people’s colors in your aura, particularly the people you spend the most time with. For example, if you have a miserable co-worker you have to share cubicle space with, chances are your aura is going to pick up on that energy. If a mother is making unreasonable demands on her daughter, chances are this is affecting not only the mom’s energy, but her daughter’s as well.

In a sentence:  our aura colors can (and do) change with our life stories, emotions and situations.

If you’d like to read more about aura colors & their meaning, there’s an article for that! Aura Colors & Their Meaning

If you’re not already a subscriber of The Daily Awe, why not?! If you’d like your free copy of Aura Reading: 101, please click here to sign up for the mailing list (no spam ever, promise!) and your free copy will be delivered to you, lickety split. It’s full of fun aura reading tips and exercises.

Can you read/see auras?  Can you feel other people’s auras? What do you think has the greatest effect on your aura?

Angela Artemis/Poweredbyintuition January 19, 2012 at 10:18 am

Awesome article Lindsay,

Very helpful information!

Angela

Lindsay January 19, 2012 at 10:58 am

Glad you enjoyed it Angela! Thank you for sharing it!

Julie | A Clear Sign January 20, 2012 at 10:39 am

Now THERE’S a good reason for sending out love to all in our environment – it affects us, too.

I still don’t “see” auras when I look at someone with physical eyes, but it’s pretty simple to get it in meditation or when I ask for it – maybe someday 🙂

Lindsay January 21, 2012 at 9:01 am

I need to remind myself of that the next time I feel homicidal on public transit. “Send love vibes, not ‘people suck’ vibes!”

Joy January 23, 2012 at 11:40 am

Nice and simple to understand…thank you:)

I cannot “read” auras in color, but I can read energetic moods and then the color surfaces.

I think my basic colors remain the same, because I am pretty centered and live in alignment, but perhaps there is a subtle difference depending upon external and who or what I have allowed in my space in that moment.

I agree with Julie..on the days I send out a silent namaste to everything as I move through my day, everything feels quite Divine and the flow if the day is incredible!

Lindsay January 24, 2012 at 7:44 am

I just read your comment this morning, so I’m going to make a concerted effort to send out a silent namaste or some other positive vibration to everything today. I’ll see how the day goes! Thanks for that, Joy.

I’d be curious to find out how you read energetic moods and then the color surfaces for you. Is this something you do intentionally, or it happens at any moment?

Amy February 8, 2012 at 7:15 am

I wonder if you are familiar with Rose Rosetree’s work?

Her techniques of reading auras doesn’t necessarily rely on ‘seeing’ , as people have different gifts for energetic literacy. Some may receive information in an auditory manner or just download information about the aura and it’s chakra databanks in that manner. Some may be able to see information but it’s not the be all and end of reading auras.

Lindsay February 8, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Yes, I am familiar with Rose and I love her and her work! I don’t always see auras, but I most certainly always feel them. I covered the different ways to “see” auras in my ebook, but not in great detail. Thanks for the reminder of Rose – gonna pop over and see her site now!

Karen July 9, 2012 at 7:19 am

Is it possible for a child who has no consciousness of what an aura is to read them? If so, in a girl, would it be more likely to start when she has begun menstruating? My ten-year-old daughter informed me that everyone has an “outline” & that she can usually see them. This has only been recent, although she must have noticed sometime during the past school year, as she said her music teacher had a blue outline, which is what got us talking about these outlines. She has no reaction to any of the colors. The only thing I can think she is describing is an aura. Unless she is having vision issues. I am not sure how to proceed. I respect my child, so I take her seriously; I thought about taking her to the doctor but I don’t want her to feel like I think there is something wrong with her.

Lindsay July 9, 2012 at 11:51 am

ABSOLUTELY, Karen! You definitely don’t need to take her to the doctor – she doesn’t have any health issues as far as seeing aura colors goes. Did you download my eBook (it’s free?). Give it to your daughter to read and work with and she can get an idea as to how to use her ability and also, just know she’s not alone!

This is a gift and I’m willing to bet if you/she embrace it, more good things will come. You may have a natural healer on your hands.

Eszter October 3, 2012 at 9:09 am

your blog is awesome! You should definitely do more reiki-related articles, the topic is fascinating!

However, as a fellow-grammar nazi, I’d love to call your attention to “*effected”: effect is the noun, affect is the verb, so it should be “affected” instead! 🙂

Hugs: