What do you think about before you fall asleep? Choose from the options below:
- All of the things that went wrong during the day
- Everything I didn’t check off my ‘to do’ list
- My giant, ever-growing agenda for the following day
- Worrying – about anything and everything
- “I forgot to brush my teeth”
- Nothing – my head hits the pillow and I’m OUT
- “What’s for breakfast?”
If you chose any of the above, (aside from the last two), welcome to the Stressed Out Club: a club that no one ever wanted to be a member of, yet somehow find themselves vying for the position of CEO. The good news is it’s a club we can opt out of, too. Especially as we lay down to sleep for the night. And not just because sleep offers an escape!
When you get into bed tonight, instead of using the minutes before you venture off to dream-land to review what you don’t want or didn’t do, review everything you do want. Think about what you want your tomorrow look like; what you want your life to look like.
- “I am happy”
- “I am in great health”
- “I will get that job I really want!”
- “I will quit that job I really hate!”
- “I will handle whatever comes my way tomorrow with grace.”
- “I am a mega-millions lottery winner!”
All of the above are great thoughts to have before drifting off with the Sandman. Except for the last one – that one’s all me.
As Dr. Wayne Dyer says in the video below,
You have to be able to see your wish fulfilled already in advance and call those things into your life as if they already exist.
In a nutshell: if you lay in bed and worry about the horrendously long & busy day you will have tomorrow, guess what kind of day you’re inviting into your life? But if you put a positive spin on your end-of-day thoughts…what do you think will come of that? I’m willing to try and see.
Get weekly posts delivered to your inbox: subscribe to The Daily Awe.