The saga of the bathroom ghost continues...with a lesson

The saga of the bathroom ghost continues…with a lesson

by Lindsay on June 13, 2012

in Paranormal, Souls

Remember the story of the ghost in my bathroom with a good sense of humor and access to my Intuition razor blades? If not, you can read all about my invisible guest at The (unsolved) mysterious case of the bathroom ghost.  After I wrote the article, I thought the saga was over.  I even thought I had an answer as to who it was.

But alas, the saga wasn’t (isn’t) over. In fact, the bathroom ghost has expanded his/her territory and now plays in the kitchen, too.

A couple of weeks ago, my puppy Solo just would NOT settle in for sleep one night. He finally did, and then 3 hours later my radio in the kitchen turned on, the volume slowly increasing over the course of 1-2 minutes. I lay in bed with my head under the covers, terrified. Yeah – that’s how an intuitive reacts to a ghost in her house!

I asked my team of guides & angels to take the spirit away – none of my team would’ve done something like that to me in the middle of the night. They know I’m a chicken. And wouldn’t you know it? The radio instantly turned off.  I thanked my team and, keeping my head under the covers, fell back asleep. My puppy, however, paced around for a little while after that.

Something worth mentioning: the song playing on the radio that got my attention in the middle of the night was “Southern Cross” by Crosby, Stills and Nash. The lyrics include:

Think about how many times I have fallen.

Spirits are using me, larger voices calling.

What heaven brought you and me cannot be forgotten.

Hmmmm….

To top it all off, Solo (ever the energy-sensitive intuitive dog, as I’m learning) usually refuses to enter the bathroom. He whimpers outside the door when I shower. In the rare moments he follows me in there, he sticks to my leg like a dryer sheet to your pants, pleading with me with his big, brown eyes to leave the “bad room”. What does Solo sense in that room that I don’t?

Someone or something is trying to get my attention. And truth be told, I hadn’t really tried to get to the bottom of it until I sat down to write this article. And then, things started adding up. The proverbial light bulb turned on: I think someone just might want me to get the picture that I should be doing more work as a medium.  If I add everything up, most especially the Intuition razor blade and the lyrics to the song…I can clearly get the message.

See, I’ve been having more and more mediumship experiences – messages passed on from people who have recently passed away – they keep coming up when I do readings. And I keep trying to push that away. Mediumship isn’t something I ever really endeavored to do. I quite like doing intuitive readings, but I never really thought about being the lady who talks to dead people. I don’t feel ready for that kind of work.

Another “clue” for me: Julie at A Clear Sign published her article on mediumship, as I was writing this one.

Here’s the thing: we can’t ignore what is meant for us. The Universe always sends our messages in whispers, but when we ignore them, it gets louder and louder until it’s a song playing on the radio, full-blast, in the middle of the night. Trust that what is meant for you won’t go past you. What you’re meant to do will find you if you don’t find it.

Have you ever ignored a whisper or message from the Universe until it roared? How’d that happen for you? And WHO do you think my bathroom ghost is? A guide? Loved one who has passed away? Help a girl out!

Julie | A Clear Sign June 14, 2012 at 6:41 am

Oh Lindsay, no! As much as we talk, we sometimes miss the big ones. Here’s what happened:

One of my all time favorite songs is The Southern Cross, and I had been playing it over and over at the gym to “keep me going” until I got benched over the last few months. Remember Scott’s message from my guides to start yoga and stay away from the gym?

I was completely uninterested in writing this week but had it in the back of my mind to finish the mediumship article I had started since my fb fans were asking about it last week. I wrote it yesterday morning and “something told me” to hit Publish immediately instead of waiting until last night, “because someone needed to see it” (didn’t know who).

I still believe the initial ghost was who you said it was or she may even have been there protecting you. I don’t feel like the radio ghost is the same energy.

Reading this, it’s as plain as the nose on my face that we had better get moving on our stuff and there is a reason why we are continuing to be connected and thrown together like this.

Lindsay June 14, 2012 at 4:23 pm

And the connections thicken…this is just crazy. Are you and I headed for big things together? All signs point to yes. I remember you posting that “someone needed to see it” and wouldn’t you know, it didn’t even CLICK for me at that very moment that it was for me, until I finished writing my article!

I agree with you: bathroom ghost feels different from radio ghost. I need to email you with who I think radio ghost was…

And yeah – let’s get the ball rolling, shall we?

Maday June 14, 2012 at 9:24 am

Hi,

I have no idea where how to start this email, but here I go. I have been hearing different sounds and whispers for awhile now, but somehow I can’t understand what they are trying to say. I also have very vivid dreams about my family and friends that have past away. How do I get in tune with them . Please help?

Lindsay June 14, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Hi Maday,

Are these whispers you speak of your intuition? Or spirits speaking with you? Or something different? I’m willing to bet you are clairaudient – you “hear” messages from spirit.

I’d start simply by asking to meet with someone who has passed away in your sleep. Start keeping a dream journal – a record of all you’re encountering. Notice patterns. Take note of the messages. Baby steps…but start listening and see what you get!

Karly June 14, 2012 at 9:29 am

Your impeccable timing never ceases to amaze me, Lindsay. The part where you said “what you’re meant to do will find you if you don’t find it” is something I’m going through right now! I graduated in May and I’m starting grad school in the fall. I’m trying to find a job in my field, but I’m having a very difficult time (it’s a challenging field to get into these days, plagued by budget cuts). I feel like I’m fighting an uphill battle, because I have a few financial obligations that I must take care of. I don’t want to stay in my current job, because it’s not what I went to school for, and quite frankly, after 3 years, I’ve had enough. I turned down a promotion 2 months ago.

So, somehow the talk of promoting me keeps lurking around. They want a commitment from me, however. I’m afraid to commit to it, then have a job offer in my field pop up! I’m so confused as to what I should do. I feel like this promotion is glaring me in the face; but I keep ignoring it. A tiny voice (I’m guessing it’s my “gut feeling”) is telling me to keep holding out for something else. Do you always follow your gut, or do you stray from it sometimes?

Lindsay June 14, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Hi Karly!

I must be semi-reading your mind or, more likely, still have a connection of some sort to your guides so you’re getting the right messages just when you need them!

I think you know what I’m going to say: always listen to your gut. But here’s the flip-side…why not take that promotion and wait it out until that “something else” you’re holding out for comes along. Would it really burn the organization you were with if you took the promotion but then left a couple months later?

Anyway…more important than money or promotion is listening to that gut feeling you have. It’ll never steer you in the wrong direction!

Karly June 15, 2012 at 10:40 am

I knew you’d say to follow my gut. I’m not sure why I had to ask in the first place 😀 the problem is, it would burn the organization pretty badly, the way it’s set up. I’m usually not *that* into caring what corporate people think, however, many of the people on the management level have become my friends over the past 3 years that I’ve worked there and it would be burning them to the hilt.

I’ll hold off a bit longer and keep listening to my gut, whether I like what it’s telling me or not! 😉

Lindsay June 15, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Confirmation from someone else is always a good thing! 😀

I can totally understand why you wouldn’t wanna burn anyone, especially if your coworkers are people you care about!

Let me know how it goes!

Heather June 14, 2012 at 11:01 am

I love how the pieces are coming together! I love that song too, it’s always been a favorite mine. It’s awesome that you stopped and took the time to notice the song and the words. This happened to me recently with a song, but only in my head (not in the middle of the night in my kitchen) with the song Flashdance of all things! It’s so cool that Julie published her article and it was connected to you and that you are consciously noticing these connections! Yay!

Lindsay June 14, 2012 at 4:29 pm

LOL @ Flashdance, Heather! Which song was it?

PS – You are on a roll today, girl! I need some of that energy. I’m exhausted (you know why) and Noa is here tonight & tomorrow!

Heather June 15, 2012 at 8:48 am

It was the actual song “Flashdance”!

Anne McCarroll June 14, 2012 at 2:34 pm

’cause the truth you might be running from is so small/but it’s as big as the promise/the promise of a coming day’…

Yessiree. That song is wonderful and is eerie.

I found you and Julie on the same day- same google -ing. I thought you two were longtime friends-are you not?!

Maybe send your ghost some love and thanks and you may get a better,less creepster message. (?) I’ll send some from here!! Good luck!

Your mediumship may be Helpful with Reiki, you know?

Lindsay June 14, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Hi Anne!

I agree about the “eerie” feel to the song. But I love it!

Julie and I only met within the past year, online. Can you believe it? I’ve not a doubt in my mind we spent a lifetime together as twins. We are so very connected that it’s just…odd. I sense things that she’s going through, hundreds of miles away, without her saying a word to me. We seem to write about the same topics at the same time without planning it.

We’ve got something planned for the not-so-distant future together. Stay tuned for that one!

PS – I’m still trying to figure out where/how this whole mediumship will fit. I still hesitate to really delve into it…I am not sure why, though. I guess it’s my ego or fear of the unknown or maybe a bit of both!

Lindsay June 14, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Actually it’s probably been 1.5 years now that we’ve known each other. Still!

PPS – Thank you for commenting and always making me think!

Anne McCarroll June 14, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Right back at ya – your posts and Julie’s always make me think and reconsider.
Mediumship seems to be most like jumping off a cliff to me only because of the ‘unknown contact’… Which is not to say you’ll get the ‘ooogeys’ (7 yr old daughter’s word) but there is more uncontrollable unknown, maybe. I’ve talked to my mom and dad after they died and my Dad – he seemed, different. That was a bit off putting, but that might be just the way me and my dad were. (or weren’t ) 😉
I will say, down here in the south, word has it that if you stand behind your dog while he is sitting and look over your dog’s head you’ll see the spirit. My grandfather’s cook swore this to be true. (cats don’t ‘work’). she said her daddy could see spirits and that’s how he did it. does that sound too old fashioned?!! Too 20th century?!! 😉

Jackie Murphy June 15, 2012 at 11:18 pm

I became conscious of dimes on Sept. 14, 2011. I found a dime at the Wawa, a convienence store/gas station in Jersey. My first born grandson, Michael, was getting married on the 17th of Sept. Within the next 3 days I found dimes in my car, in front of my house & in the CVS. When I mentioned it to my daughter, Michael’s Mom, she laughed, said I was just lucky. I started to save my found dimes since then & have about $22 in a little spice jar. I don’t know why I’m finding them, but it makes me smile everytime I run across one. That’s my story. Any ideas on why???

Lindsay June 16, 2012 at 11:16 am

Gosh Jackie if I had to guess, I’d say they indicate big things happening in your life and/or the life of family members? I save all of the dimes I find, too! :)

Lisa June 16, 2012 at 7:22 am

Hi Lindsay, Up until I was about 44 years old, I firmly believed there were no such things as ghosts. At that time, the project I had taken on as a hobby, completely wrecked the whole belief system I revolved in my entire life and forced me to broaden my mind, open my eyes and see what was before my own eyes.

Anyway, I had an intense crash course paranormal, spirituality, ghosts, supernatural and just about everything you can think of that isn’t in the flesh.

My experience (for whatever that might be worth!) is that whoever or whatever that is hanging around and letting themselves be known are doing it for themselves. I do not believe your bathroom ghost is in your home because it needs to point you to mediumship. I believe it is there because of its own reasons – for some reason cannot leave. I don’t think a ghost would appear simply to point out to a living person the path they should be taking – there is some kind of problem or else it wouldn’t be there.

Now that’s not to say that the man in charge or woman in charge ‘up there’ isn’t above getting two birds with one stone. I don’t know how old your home is but if it is older and nobody else prior has experienced the bathroom guest – then I would say the time is right for the little guy to make himself known because ‘it’ knows and understands that you are the one who will try to help or at least acknoowledge it. The person in charge above understands that also. So yes, this probably is a nudge to your mediumship side to help this lost little soul on its way out of your bathroom and to bigger and better places.

Personally, I do not have mediumship capabilities that I would count on – but since you do have that talent, it may come easier than you think. If I were in your shoes, I would research the home. Talk to prior residents. If you own it – get your abstract out and look those older owners up – the historical society in your area can probably help you out there. Find out if anybody died suddenly or tragically or possibly a child that doesn’t really realize it shouldn’t be living there any more.

You might be able to forego the research step with your talents. I would love to know how this turns out. Keep me posted. I know I helped a few folks move on that had been hanging around since 1871 and while it was very sad to think of these souls hanging around for so long waiting for someone to discover the truth and set them free – (even though as I understand it they don’t have a sense of time like we do) it was the greatest feeling to know I had set them free from hanging around here when they should have been gone to a much better place long ago. A feeling that’s hard to describe – but it made me feel good on the inside just knowing. It isn’t a work that anybody else knows about or that I will ever be recognized for – but they know and I know and that’s all that matters.

Lindsay June 17, 2012 at 6:31 am

Hi Lisa,

Thanks so much for your expertise! I do consider you an expert in this field because of ALL you’ve been through in recent history! You’ve seen/heard/written it all!

I only rent this house, so I’d have to do some serious digging to find out about previous owners. No reason why I can’t, though. I’d also need to ask the landlord about the folks who lived here before me (as renters). Lots of energy coming & going over the years, I’m sure!

I’ll keep you posted! But in the meantime I think I’ll just try to connect with this ghost and see what comes up.

Kristine June 23, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Hi Lindsay! I feel compelled to speak of your “ghost”. I am getting a strong message that your abilities are evolving and you are able to tap in clearly to these energies that surround you. This isn’t something you can push away now. Do not be afraid of this but instead, trust in it. It is very much a part of you and it will expand. Nothing in spirit can harm you. No guide will ever do anything to freak you out. There is more than one being in your home. Have tea with them and talk. Just like having guests. Ask them how you can help. Do they need healing? Direction? Love? I sense you are being spiritually tested in a way. Trust Lindsay. Sorry for the ramble but I was very compelled to tell you. Love & light to you, Kristine.

Lindsay June 23, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Thank you so much Kristine, for getting that message for me and taking the time to share it! I’ll take your sage advice and let you know how it goes! Love, light and gratitude to you!

Ängry umlÄut June 25, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Hi..our two bathroom.s have toilet lids slam on their own…no loose hinges/seats left half up explanation. Also..other noises in one of those 2 bathrooms! So funny. I asked aloud “now..it’s bad enough to be earhtbound but hanging out in the crapperl? Come on, you could pick anywhere !” Lol. I address it/them with humor as they seem to merely want to be heard/remind that they are there. I agree this is probably not a guide..the radio thing sure. But my guess is the ghost is just excited to have someone around who is aware of him!

Lindsay June 25, 2012 at 8:00 pm

LOL now the toilet lids slamming would scare me! And your question to the spirit cracked me up! How BAD IS IT to hang out in the bathroom and be earthbound?! haha

temp August 10, 2015 at 8:20 pm

Hello, I enjoy reading tɦrough your post. I wanted to write a little comment to support you.