On July 17, 2010 this blog was born in the middle of a spell of boredom. My intention for The Daily Awe was to post something interesting on a daily basis (hence “The Daily Awe”). My primary goal was to share things that made people say “awww” or read in awe. Daily. My creativity is astonishing, no?
Here we are, 2 years later and The Daily Awe has become such a big part of my life that I can hardly imagine where I’d be without it. My life is forever changed thanks to my little space on the web.
Here’s a little-breakdown of how this site has grown over the past 2 years. When I first started, I could count the number of readers on one hand. I’d say it’s come a long way.
- 185,000 views all-time
- 518: average number of visitors/day
- 542: email subscribers
- 708: Facebook fans
- 185: articles written and published
- 20: average number of weekly emails received at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions & comments
I’ve failed to keep count of how many people I’ve done intuitive readings for, but my guesstimate would be close to 400. In only 1.5 years! (I started doing readings in October 2010).
Today, I turn 32 and my blog turns 2. The Daily Awe’s blogiversary is a great way for me to see how my life has changed in the past year and how the blog has grown, too.
- Amazing souls I met through this site, people I now call friends. Fellow intuitives, people I’ve done readings for, even people I’ve met here in Toronto thanks to the blog.
- A part-time job I can pour my heart into. Doing readings has created a second job for me, and it’s a job I love doing. The time I spend doing readings brings me joy and a sense of purpose. I don’t grumble, moan or get miserable like I do with my office job.
- Open mind and heart. I’ve learned so much about soul growth, spirit guides, what it means to live out your soul purpose. I’ve also learned more about human beings in the past 2 years than I had in 10 years prior. We’re all more alike than you’d think.
- You can’t please ’em all. Whether you’re talking to a group of 2 people or 2,000, you just can’t please everyone. Don’t even try. Just speak what’s in your heart, let your intuition be your guide. You always meet the right people at the right time.
- There is no such thing as a coincidence. Everything happens for a reason. Even the shitty stuff. Okay, maybe the grocery bag getting a hole in it and spilling your contents doesn’t seem like it has a reason, but it does. Maybe it’s telling you you’re carrying too heavy a load in life. Maybe it’s telling you to slow down. There is meaning in every. little. thing.
I couldn’t end this article without sending a heartfelt thank you to those of you who are reading this. From the bottom of my heart to the top of my soul,thank you. Thank you for reading, commenting and sharing your insights & stories with me. Thank you for your emails of support, encouragement and questions. If I’ve done an intuitive reading for you, thank you for opening your heart and life to me. No thank you would be complete without giving a gift back to you.
I’m thanking my readers by offering a free intuitive reading to someone who leaves a comment and either tells me what you’d like to see more of on The Daily Awe, or what services you’d like to see me offered. I’ll choose a random commenter at the end of the week! All you have to do is leave a comment on the article for your chance to win a free reading.
If you don’t want to play along but still want to take advantage of some birthday fun, I’m offering 25% off all intuitive readings for one week. When you’re ordering online, there will be a space for you to enter a coupon code. Enter “2birthdays” and you’ll get 25% off!
Contest & discounts end at 11:59 PM on July 24, 2011.
PS – Next week I have a BIG announcement to make with a CONTEST! You won’t want to miss this, so stay tuned!