Becoming a swinger: using your pendulum to get guidance from Spirit

Becoming a swinger: using your pendulum to get guidance from Spirit

by Lindsay on November 8, 2012

in Intuition, Paranormal, Spirit Guides

Today’s story comes from my friend Samira – someone who is undoubtedly a member of my soul group. I know this because the way we met was a true testament to synchronicity and meeting people you’re meant to meet. It’s worth a blog article in and of itself…some day!

Samira writes:

A few years ago, I walked into a “new age” shop and saw some pendulums hanging out by the cash register.  I remember thinking “nice bracelets!”  I had no idea what they really were.  I asked the lady working there what they were, and she explained they were pendulums.  Even though I had no prior knowledge of what they were or how to use them, I bought one anyway, because it was pretty — a crystal with a few small crystal hearts on the chain.

After I brought my pendulum home, I read some articles on the Internet on how to use it and then proceeded to use it incorrectly over the next year, probably getting the ‘wrong’ answers each time.  Finally, during a session with my spiritual healer, she took hers out and showed me the power they possess.  Holding the pendulum still, she asked the pendulum to show her a “Yes”.  At her prompting, the pendulum started spinning in one direction. Then she said, “Show me a no”.  The pendulum came to a stop and started spinning in the opposite direction.  All of this happened without the slightest motion from her fingers, hands, or her body.

That night I went home and cleansed my pendulum in sea salt water like my spiritual teacher instructed me to do. I also burned some sage to clear the energy around me, surrounded myself with white light, and once prepared, asked asked my pendulum to show me a “yes”.  To my shock, it started spinning clockwise.  When I asked it to show me a “no”, it stopped spinning in that direction and began spinning counter-clockwise.

At this point, my eyes were as big as saucers.  All I could think was “OH MY GOD IT’S MOVING BY ITSELF” and “WHO ELSE IS HERE?!?!”  Finally after regaining my composure, I asked if I can use it for some questions. I showed me a yes and it was in that moment that a healthier relationship was born between me and my pendulum.  After our first productive session, I thanked the pendulum and the higher power that was there with me, and closed the session.

~~~~~

Have you ever used a pendulum as a tool for tapping into the “other side” and getting answers from Spirit? Admittedly, I don’t use mine often. But when I want a clear yes or no answer on something, the pendulum is often the tool I turn to. I also use it to help predict the gender of babies. My pendulum clearly told me the baby I am pregnant with is a girl. It also clearly told me my best friend’s baby is a boy. It was right on both counts!

The tricky part about pendulums is that you can find yourself using them inaccurately. There are a few things that are important to keep in mind when using a pendulum:

• Clear the energy before you use it: You can do this by washing it under cold and hot water or sea salt water.
  • Clear the energy after a few uses or if someone else has used or touched your pendulum: I prefer to leave my pendulum buried in the dirt in a houseplant for a day or so in order to really get it cleared. Every time I do this, a leaf on the plant falls off days later – a sign that it really is clearing the energy out!
  •  Ask your pendulum what a yes, no and maybe looks like: My pendulum swings sideways for a “no”, up and down for a “yes” (kinda like a nod!) and in a circular motion for “maybe”.
  • Treat your pendulum with respect: I learned the hard way that not just anyone can (or should) handle or use my pendulum. Nor should you just throw it in your bag or purse with no regard. Store it in a quiet place where it’s energy will be protected.
Share your pendulum stories and tips with us here in the comments, please! What have you used your pendulum for? Does it give you accurate answers?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Congratulations to Cassie – winner of the Guiding Signs 101 Oracle Card & Guidebook giveaway! I’ve sent you an email! Enjoy your cards!

susan gale November 8, 2012 at 7:59 am

http://lettertorobin.org has wonderful information and charts as to how to use a pendulum. Raymon Grace also has done good work and published two books. I cannot remember if his site is a .com or .net, but it is http://www.raymongrace. something!

Pendulums are useful tools. When I would teach children how to use them, I would hide pennies throughout the house and outside. They would get so excited when they would find them and delighted that they could keep them!

By the way, a washer tied on the end of a string works as well as a fancy pendulum some people try to sell for gazillions of dollars. Both just need to be programmed so that they are connected to safe sources of information.

Lindsay November 8, 2012 at 8:14 am

Susan that is an AWESOME exercise to do with children! I can’t wait to teach this little one things like that. I will have to tap into your wealth of knowledge and experience when it comes to that!

Thank you for the links – I will be checking them out!

Lindsay November 8, 2012 at 8:51 am

Do you have a book for teaching children how to use their intuition and gifts? I’m gonna hop over to your website to have a look-see!

susan gale November 8, 2012 at 9:02 am

Our book is more on how to raise children to keep their abilities. I would not feel comfortable putting the teaching part into print as it is so tricky and can do more harm than good if someone who did not have a full understanding tried to do certain things with the child.

However, Sonia Choquette’s book, The Wise Child, has many simple things to do with your children in every day life that keep the intuitive gifts alive. This book is based primarily on what her mother used to do with her and her siblings as they were growing up. I think this book and our book, Soulful Parenting, make a complete package. She, however, does not go into the teaching part either, probably for the same reason.

Michael November 8, 2012 at 9:19 am

Pretty good stuff…but I wish somebody would tell me how to get the g*dd*mn knots out of the chain. Punching it didn’t work.

😉

Jennifer Flint ~ The Aura Reader November 8, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Oh, well, you know I love pendulums! I have quite a collection of them from my friend Eva at askyourpendulum.com. Her work is really unique and exceptional. I mostly like to hold and carry and play with my pendies, as I call them, for the benefit of the color and crystal therapy.

But it’s also fun to use them to play little psychic card games, where I place a few playing cards face down, and try to pick a specific one out based on the pendulum’s vibration. I often go by vibration rather than the usual yes-no responses, because I find it to be faster than swinging it.

And if I’m using a clear or neutral weight stone, I find it’s also possible to choose a color for yes or no, and then intuitively “see” it in the stone. I don’t know if this would work for other people, or if it’s more of a synesthesia, aura-reader sort of thing. But it’s fun to try!

Another cool game is to take a deck of tarot cards and see if you can locate a single card by using the pendulum. I have actually done this! Just split the deck into two parts, and ask which half the correct card is in. Keep splitting the remaining cards until you get down to just one. Great for intuitive development! :)

anony November 9, 2012 at 12:39 am

A useful tip I learned is to keep it ‘charged’ and near me when I am not using it. I don’t use mine enough but before I use it for a big question or three I keep in near me to get in the zone if you will. Also- I read just as with any divination tool you have to accept the answer that is given- not ask the same question multiple times/rephrasing ever so slightly. I have done this before, of course, many times! I realized that was not ‘respecting’ the energies of the pendulum:) Also- I have left mine in sunlight and moonlight (varied the two) before just to get a little extra mojo not even sure if it worked but I will say I liked the ritual of it and felt it added *something*. It’s super addictive and fun I had to stop asking it silly questions when I first got it. And I won’t ask a question of my pendulum for a friend unless it’s really important – again using it for greater good/to tune in for the stuff I feel I am missing.

anony November 9, 2012 at 12:41 am

get the knots out of the chain by using a safety pin or needle and sliding it in there and loosening it, s-l-o-w-l-y. That chain tangle thing became a hassle!

photoshopguidef6.com June 2, 2014 at 11:57 pm

My brother recommended I might like this website. He was entirely right.
This post actually made my day. You can not imagine just how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

quest bars February 8, 2016 at 8:59 am

What’s up, I would like to subscribe for this web site to get hottest updates, therefore where can i do it please help.