The Universe goes out of its way to get your attention: synchronicity and signs

The Universe goes out of its way to get your attention: synchronicity, signs and burritos

by Lindsay on December 12, 2012

in Environment, Synchronicity

Ever experience any of these?

• You’re singing a song in your head, get into your car and turn on the radio and that very same song is playing on the radio.
  • Apropos of nothing, someone you haven’t thought of in ages pops into your head and then a few hours later, you get a phone call or email from that person.
  • You’ve had three different people all say the same thing to you in one day.
  • A coworker recommends a book to you that was loaned to you by another friend the day before.

While it would be easy to shrug these incidences off as mere coincidence, these moments are far more powerful than many of us realize. These are synchronicities: meaningful coincidences that you attract into your life to help your soul grow and evolve.

Synchronicities are events, places, or even people that your soul attracts into your life to help you evolve or place an emphasis on something that is going on in your life and the Universe wants you to pay attention to. A synchronicity is when two or more events which are otherwise unrelated occur together in a meaningful manner, patterns that repeat in time.

Really – what is this? You mean it’s not just weird coincidences?

Carl Jung studied synchronicity extensively. He said, “Synchronicity is the coming together of inner and outer events in a way that cannot be explained by cause and effect and that is meaningful to the observer.”

Deepak Chopra says, My own life has been touched often by synchronicity, so much so that now I get on an airplane expecting the passenger in the next seat to be surprisingly important to me, either just the voice I need to hear to solve a problem or a missing link in a transaction that needs to come together….

Simply put: synchronicity is your interconnection with the Universe. It is evidence that we are all connected. If you are thinking of having a burrito for lunch and an hour later a co-worker asks you to join her for Mexican for lunch – that is an a good example of synchronicity and the inter-connectedness of  all of us. Your coworker isn’t a mind-reader…really.

The more you trust in spirit and the Universe – and yourself – the more synchronicities will take place in your life. When your inner awareness awareness awakens, your outside world changes, too. Your energetic thoughts and intents and where you place your thoughts is exactly what’s going to show up in your life.

How can I open myself up to more synchronicities?

The Universe is always willing and waiting to show you what is meant for you. Synchronicities gently guide and direct you to what is in alignment with your own personal growth. They act as a little nudge for your soul – a hint for you to watch and wait for something. Sometimes, they are the big proverbial smack in the head you needed – the answer you have been waiting for.  Other times, they’re more subtle. Either way, you’ve got to acknowledge the ‘hits’ when you get them. That’ll invite more.

For a more in-depth look at synchronicity, the 7 Secrets to Synchronicity is a good start.

In addition, Mike Perry’s blog 67 Not Out is a fantastic resource for synchronicity & coincidence stories from the past & present.

What synchronicities have you experienced in your life? Share your stories here!

If you’re interested in an intuitive reading as a gift for yourself or someone else this Holiday season, click here.

Jennifer Flint ~ The Aura Reader December 12, 2012 at 11:50 pm

Oh boy, I have them all the time, to the point where they’re quite normal for me too. I do something I call “psychic complaining,” where I pick up the phone to text my boyfriend and ask him where he is and he walks through the door, or I kvetch that a package hasn’t come and it arrives a minute later, etc. That’s gotten to be quite a joke around our house. Not sure if you’d call that a synchronicity or just an intuitive tickle, but it happens all the time.

Not right now, though, because all I can think about is burritos! I blame you! 😛

Lindsay December 13, 2012 at 10:17 am

Well by the sounds of things maybe your boyfriend showed up with a burrito after you commented! 😉 You have an awesome connection with your team of guides & angels and spirits who follow you around. 🙂

LOL @ \”psychic complaining\” – you crack me up and I await your book deal.

AJ | OpenPsychic December 13, 2012 at 10:25 am

Isn’t that funny Jennifer? It’s totally a synchronicity!

For the life of me, I have no idea how Tarot actually works. My scientific mind wants to say it can’t be real, but Tarot has always been insanely accurate for me. That is synchronicity at work in my life.

Or how numbers show up? Like with 12/12/2012 yesterday master number 11, it showed up EVERYWHERE!

AJ | OpenPsychic December 13, 2012 at 10:27 am

Great post Lindsay! Synchronicity is really one of my favorite topics and I think it’s often the things we tend to ignore (even as intuitives). I think it’s essential to combine intuition with synchronicity in our lives 🙂

Lindsay December 14, 2012 at 7:16 am

It’s one of my favorite topics, too! That’s why I like Mike Perry’s blog so much – full of stories of synchronicity after synchronicity. And as for 12/12/12…I saw 11s everywhere that day, too! Pretty awesome. 🙂

Julie Barrett December 13, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Hi Lindsay, This is like my favorite subject. They happen All The Time. In fact, if a time period goes by and they DON’T happen, I start to wonder what’s wrong or what I’m doing that is off track!

Lindsay December 14, 2012 at 7:17 am

Yeah you know that’s a good way to think about it: if you’re not getting signs/messages something is probably ‘off’ with your energy! I hadn’t really thought of it that way but it’s true! Because we all know our guides never just disappear or ditch us. 🙂

Anne McCarroll December 13, 2012 at 10:16 pm

I like your explanation and how you masterfully included Mexican food in it! Brilliant!

I live for synchronicities – they thrill the sleuth in me, because while I cannot explain them, they direct my understanding to the Universal understanding and let me know there are ‘no ends frayed’ out there. I cross paths with synchronicity enough that it should be common to me but -well, isn’t. Music on the radio, people I see (or don’t), the lot. I learn and go with it.

Lindsay December 14, 2012 at 7:19 am

LOL – I’ll always try to find a way to work Mexican food (or any food, really) into anything! 😉

Synchronicities never lose their magic for me either, no matter how many times I experience them or read the stories. My favorite topic, for sure!

Vladimir December 15, 2012 at 2:17 am

I get number and time synchronicities on a daily basis–almost every time I look at the clock, it’s 11:22, 11:33, 3:33, 12:12, etc. I don’t get the more famous 11:11 that often, though.

Jenapher December 18, 2012 at 3:17 pm

I had a synchronistic event just now! Recently I have been looking for a good meditation for my son to do, and when I clicked on the link to the book above and, “clicked to look inside”, it took me directly to the Healing Energy Exercise, which will be perfect for him. I knew I needed to get the book too, but then I was “guided” to the author’s other book about Synchronicities and the other side, which will be a blessing as a burgeoning medium myself.

And like Vladimir, every single day I usually see every repeating number sequence on the clock 10:10, 11:11, 12:12, 1:11, etc.. 🙂

67 Not Out - Mike Perry December 24, 2012 at 11:11 am

“The more you trust in spirit and the Universe – and yourself – the more synchronicities will take place in your life.” – isn’t that the truth!

A lovely post and many thanks for the mention and link.

Have a happy and peaceful Christmas holiday and beyond.

Best wishes,
Mike

Daniel March 1, 2013 at 5:16 am

I’ve been having these synchronicities, for atleast the past two years, and they just seem to not actually mean anything…just a weird coincidence, or so it seemed. Case in point, I’d talk about a movie at work, then when I’d get home, it’s on the TV, even really old movies that I had almost forgotten about (like the movie Senseless with the Wayon brothers).
I’ve had the music thing happen to me, as well as people popping up and messaging me, not long after speaking about them, buildings being built a year after saying how nice it’d be to have that building there (Ruby Tuesdays), famous people being in the news a day after I’d talk about them (Jerry The King Lawler having a heart attack on TV and being in the Hospital, Whitney Houston), every one of my friends would joke that I’m living in a ”Truman-like Show.”
A couple months ago my friend and I were talking about comedy movies, he likes Jim Carrey movies and I like Steve Carell or Will Ferrell type comedies, then we somehow got on the subject of magicians. Then a few days ago I see a movie trailer for a movie called Burt Wonderstone (a comedy movie about magicians involving Steve Carell and Jim Carrey).

All of those things have happened, among other stuff, that doesn’t make sense, to me, as to how it would/will benefit me…Just had real strong Deja-vu as I was typing that sentence, wow that was crazy…Would the book be able to help me understand why they’re happening to me, what it means and how I can use it to make myself better?

Mel November 29, 2014 at 10:00 pm

Check out the date when this article was posted: 12-12-2012 🙂

It was the last quarter of 2012, I think it was the month of October when I first started to notice synchronicities through numbers.

forskolin free trial August 6, 2015 at 3:50 pm

The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan; Ichiro Kanehara Foundation;
Suzuken Memorial Foundation; Itoe Okamoto scientific award SHISEIKAI; Mochida Memorial
Foundation for Medical and Pharmaceutical Research; Japan Society for the Promotion of
Science; and Takeda Science Foundation all invested in the research.
Natural weight loss happens slowly as the process of burning fat and building muscle begins to change
your body shape. If you jog everyday, you do this for about 10 minutes.

quest bars February 8, 2016 at 11:51 am

Informative article, exactly what I wanted to find.