200th post-aversary and 2013 Intentions

200th post-aversary and 2013 Intentions

by Lindsay on January 2, 2013

in Motivation, Personal Growth, Readings, Spirituality

200 posts, a million thanks 200 Posts, A Million Thanks

This is officially my 200th article written on The Daily Awe. I would jump up and down and celebrate, but I’m carrying a lot more extra weight these days with a little baby less than 38 days away from arriving as my constant passenger, so I’m shoving celebratory Oreos in my mouth instead.

Busy Weeks, Busy Months Ahead

Over the past 2 weeks, I’ve done nearly two dozen Year Ahead Readings for readers. Daily I am blown away by the validations I am getting when I hear back from folks after they receive their readings. These readings are all generally positive; there is so much to look forward to – and our guides are eager to share it. I got the inspiration to offer these readings whilst attempting to do yoga (not a pretty sight) on my living-room floor just 3 weeks ago. The warm reception from all of you and the incredible connection is confirmation that this idea was Divinely Inspired.

As a result, these past 2 weeks are among the busiest I’ve had this year. They’ve also been among the most fulfilling I’ve had, overflowing my heart and reaffirming my connection with Spirit. I thank the Universe daily not only for my connection and intuitive gifts, but for the beautiful souls (that’s you!) who read this blog and work with me. It’s not too late to order your Year Ahead Reading if you haven’t already – I am doing them for another 2 weeks before closing these particular readings off for the year.

Future Intentions

For the past 2 1/2 years, I’ve posted an article at least weekly (sometimes more) on this website. In keeping this up, I’ve surprised myself more than anyone. I’ve been known to start projects and then abandon them when the going gets tough, mundane or something else sparkly & new comes along. But this blog – this website, this passion, this connection – has remained a shining light in my life.

That being said, I can’t keep up the weekly posts and take this career/path/journey in the direction I want it to go. In just 5 weeks I’ll have a newborn to care for. There are services and products I’d like to offer on here in the coming year. Things I’m really excited about. But if I’m focusing energy on writing a weekly post, I won’t be able to keep up. Something’s gotta give. So I’ll be posting less – just twice monthly now. My hope is that the twice monthly content will be rich & meaningful. Or at the very least entertaining somehow. I never want blogging to become a chore. The “other things” I intend to offer will be more valuable than a weekly blog post, anyway.  I promise.

If you want to be a part of The Daily Awe community & conversation on more than a bi-weekly basis, join me on Facebook. There’s a great group of people and posts happening all the time over there!

Feedback, please!

As of January 18th, I have a year off from my Dreadful Day Job. This means that any adult working time I have carved into my schedule will be 100% dedicated to The Daily Awe and my endeavors here. I. Can’t. Wait.

If you could see me offer one product, service or course, what would it be? Is there a specific type of reading you’d like that I don’t currently offer? Is there something you’re itching to learn about that you think I’d be qualified to teach? (Besides how to ‘play’ Yankee Doodle while tapping on your hollow head…I can do that, but I can’t teach it!)  Let me know – I’m open to ideas! I have plenty of my own but if I’m hearing a collective request for something that hasn’t dawned on me, I want to make sure I offer it!

2013, Here We Come! (errrr, are)

Stick around in 2013 – there is so much good coming this way. Good stuff you’ll want to be a part of, I hope! And if that’s not incentive enough, I promise to post a photo or twenty of my newborn daughter when she gets here. She promises to be adorable and have dimples.

Of course, I have to thank you – yes, you! – for reading. I won’t lie: there were plenty of times that I almost abandoned the blog or wanted to give up wondering, “What’s the point?” I see the point now. There are lots and lots of them. Every email you’ve sent with feedback. Every reading I’ve done. Every connection made. Every comment. Every “aha” moment. Thank you for everything. You rock!

Lisa-Marie January 3, 2013 at 12:55 am

Lovely post!

Do you offer any audio or visual products? I would love to hear you do a short card read or see you talk briefly on a topic. I also like how on Facebook you share short tidbits and photos, those who aren’t on Facebook miss out on that here on the blog. It doesn’t have to be the same material, but similar style.

I went through same thing with my blogs. writing 3 times a week, but I felt like when I switched to occasionally my blog post were better quality and it benefited people more. If you scale back on the blogging, and write when you are inspired or really have something to say you will find its more meaningful.

I know that feeling of ‘what is the point’ of blogging, but like you said sharing information with people and helping them is uplifting.

Keep your great work! I love your blog!

Lindsay January 3, 2013 at 7:52 am

Thank you so much, Lisa-Marie!

I would love to offer some audio products. At present time I only have my Spirit Guide meditation that’s an audio product. I’ll have more time on my hands to experiment with video/audio in the coming year and I think that’s a fabulous idea! I feel a bit shy about having my face on a video screen but hey…I need to stretch out of my comfort zone, right?

I absolutely love your blog (Closed Lids – you have others?!) too and I’m so glad we ‘met’ through this venue!

Happy New Year!

Lisa | Practically Intuitive January 3, 2013 at 8:31 am

First, let me say that I LOVED my 2013 reading. I printed it out and cut and pasted each section onto the first page of my calendar for the month so I can see what energies I’ll be stepping into. It was uplifting and so so helpful! Thank you!

Secondly, I say post when you have something to say. And you and Lisa Marie are right – you’ll find the quality is stepped up a bit. Be sure to keep your newsletters going out as regularly as you can so we all know what’s going on over here and on FB.

Thirdly, I was also hesitant to show my face on video (I really should have gotten those braces many years back!) but I actually like it now. I plan to do a lot more of those in the coming year. There’s almost nothing better (well, in-person is best!) to create a connection with your audience than video. Also, you can shoot them holding baby C and we can oooh and ahhh over you both! <3

Wishing you, Baby C and TDA a wonderful 2013!! You know I'm behind you all the way!

Lindsay January 3, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Lisa oh my goodness. I was beaming when reading your comment. Thank you so much! I remember when I first started doing this work – you were one of the ones I wanted to be just like. So imagine how good it feels for me to know that you enjoyed your reading from me and found value in it. I’m a lucky girl. :)

I love the idea of using Baby C as a prop during my videos! LOL…that’ll help get rid of my shyness and hopefully eventually I can stop holding her up in front of my face when I speak! HAHA

Here’s to a fabulous 2013 for both of us! xoxoxo

Vladimir January 3, 2013 at 9:05 am

Great post, and I agree with Lisa–my 2013 reading was nothing short of amazing. Very accurate and uplifting, as always!

Lindsay January 3, 2013 at 12:44 pm

Awww, thank you Vladimir! I have loved every connection we make when I do your readings, and I hope we continue to connect over the coming year. So glad to hear you loved your Year Ahead Reading!

Anne McCarroll January 3, 2013 at 9:56 am

I breathed a huge sigh of smiling freedom for you when you said you get a year off the DDJ! Hooray! Here is to walks in the park and staring out the window! Really!!

I can’t tell you how much your blog/site is part of my weekly ‘do’ – and how glad I am to have found you and your blog this past year. Thanks for replying to me -every time I post a reply to you. That, whether readers will admit it or not, is a huge deal. To all of your readers. We love that.

My reading is printed. Special folder. So wonderful!

I salute you with a handful of small carrots this morning before i take Christmas decorations down! 😉

Lindsay January 3, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Hi Anne!

Thank you so much – your sweet words really helped make my morning bright! I can’t tell YOU how much it means to me to have you as part of my weekly interactions and knowing that my words mean something to you. It’s what keeps me going and writing…if I thought I was speaking to myself I probably would’ve given up ages ago.

So glad to hear you loved your reading, too! :)

Julie Barrett January 3, 2013 at 12:16 pm

I am SO excited for your little girl to arrive!

I can think of LOTS of things to do (like that 4 week course I was talking about a few months ago) and I hope there is chance. But first things first, getting adjusted. I am hoping you get tons of time to work on The Daily Awe in 2013, even if you do it at 3am :)

Lindsay January 3, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Yes, getting settled is first and foremost! I hope I’m not being too over-zealous in hoping I can get stuff done here over the coming year. Let’s hope and pray Baby Girl C is an easy-going soul, shall we? A girl can dream!

And I’m totally still in for our 4-week course. :)

Elisabeth January 3, 2013 at 2:12 pm

I have a course idea if this isn’t something you offer already (maybe you do and I missed it). I would like to learn more about channeling energy/spirit guidance positively. I think right now the universe/spirit guides are providing me with extra “energy” during times of stress which end up blowing out light bulbs. All the time! This leads me to keep buying and replacing light bulbs, but I think there is more that can be done with it.

Does this happen to others?

Are there general things we can do with energy?

Enjoy the very exciting time in your life- take as many naps as you can now. :)

Lindsay January 6, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Elisabeth that is a fantastic idea/suggestion – thank you! I’ve actually had quite a few emails lately from people asking for tips/tricks to helping balance their auras and energy because they keep messing up electronics! Thank you for the help!

PS – I love naps! 😉

Karly January 3, 2013 at 3:35 pm

Ahhh Lindsay, I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for all of your insightful, helpful, validating (I could go on…) blog posts since I first discovered you a year ago. They helped me through one of the toughest times in my life and although I don’t always have time to comment, I enjoy reading them every week and will now look even more forward to them every two weeks! I wish you good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and can’t wait to see pics of the new baby!

Lindsay January 6, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Karly you are so sweet! Thank you for your ongoing support and for popping in here from time to time to say hi and let me know how you’re doing. I think of you and wonder if you don’t! Hope you had a good weekend! :)

Becki January 3, 2013 at 9:04 pm

Linsday..your last sentence thanked us as your readers. YOU deserve the thanks! The Daily Awe has been such a blessing to me..as well as my reading, us reconnecting and finally getting to catch up a bit over lunch, your insight, your positively beaming energy, your kind soul and your way with words. I will stayed tuned in 2013 and can’t wait for you to finally meet baby C!!! Much Love!!

Lindsay January 6, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Oh, Becki thank you so much! I am so glad we reconnected. It’s pretty wild to think that we’ve known each other since KINDERGARTEN! Can you imagine? That’s a long damn time! (Even though we’re not TOO old yet, haha). Love you and can’t wait to do your reading soon!

Jennifer Flint ~ The Aura Reader January 5, 2013 at 9:28 pm

I loved my Year Ahead reading as well, as you know, but I would appreciate it if you would start offering intuitive drawings of the baby ahead of time, because I don’t think I can stand to wait five more weeks! 😛

Just be warned that as someone who also left her day job, it’s easy to end up working about three times as much as you ever did when you were there.

Try to take time to smell the roses, even if you have to plant them in your living room!

Much love, and I can’t wait to “C” what’s coming up for you this year! :)

Lindsay January 6, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Is it silly of me to ask what color the letter “C” is? Why do I want to say orange?

I know just what you mean about working three times as hard. I’ve been going non-stop since I started doing those Year Ahead Readings and I gotta tell you – I’m wiped! At least when you have an office job you leave (and you make damn sure you do) at the end of every day. When your ‘office’ is the couch…well, that’s a little harder!

As for drawings…well, I can BARELY do stick figures, and something tells me this wiggly one has a bit more substance to her than a stick figure rendition of her would! What I have in an intuitive connection I certainly lack in artistic ability!

Jennifer Flint ~ The Aura Reader January 6, 2013 at 10:46 pm

Oh yeah, I certainly know the feeling. I guess if you’re going to offer readings for such a super-reasonable price, you might want to limit the number of spots you offer next time. First come, first amazed! :)

Yes, the letter C is a sort of dreamsicle orange for me. I think you might have heard me mention it on my Facebook page yesterday, when I was talking about my orange canary Cricket, whom I named to match her color (and the noises she makes).

Oh well, if you can’t draw, I guess we’ll have to wait for the real thing, but there had better be pictures posted over here as soon as humanly possible! We’re all on pins and needles! :-)

M January 8, 2013 at 12:34 am

So happy to know that even in times of doubt, you didn’t abandon ship! I am so grateful that you take the time, energy and connection to maintain your website. THANK YOU. I not only enjoy your writing style – I’ve recommended you to several friends on the basis of your balance. You have a foot planted in each realm and are totally relatable in both, and that is a rare skill. I wish you space, ease and authenticity in the year to unfold.

Lindsay January 8, 2013 at 6:40 am

What a beautiful thing to say to me, thank you so much for that! I’d give you a giant hug if I could! I’m grateful for your ongoing support and for you sending your friends here as well. Here’s to a wonderful 2013!