World, Meet My Daughter

World, Meet My Daughter

by Lindsay on March 10, 2013

in Miscellaneous

A few days ago I was super proud of myself as I sat down to write the week’s article. “Here I am on Wednesday morning thinking of topics, I’m way ahead of the game to publish tomorrow.” Turns out, I had that thought on Thursday. It wasn’t really Wednesday. I have baby brain, big time.

Long-time readers might recall, I announced my pregnancy many moons ago. And after what felt like the world’s longest pregnancy, my baby is finally here.

evie

There she is: Evelyn Jean Curtis. She came during Snowstorm Nemo. My water broke as the barometric pressure changed and hours later, my baby girl was born at home, out of the aquatic womb she’d lived in for 9 months and into my arms.

On February 8th at 1:11 AM of this year, my heart cracked open in ways I didn’t know it could. The depth of love I felt (and still feel, ever-growing) is unlike any love I’ve ever experienced. My birth was everything I dreamt of and more. We were surrounded by love (family and midwives) and the Divine Feminine, right here at home. A part of my soul was born and awakened right along with Evelyn’s entrance into our world.

A very dear friend of mine put it so beautifully:

My personal belief is that the birth of each child brings such a profound opening of the soul, that it isn’t simply an opening of your body to allow another physical form to be born. That it is even more of an opening of a mother’s soul to birth another soul into being. And that to me, always brings momentous life experience and the opportunity to heal something. It’s the ultimate in creation and connection with the great ‘all that is’

She is absolutely right. My birth was very healing for me, as it opened my soul and heart in ways I didn’t even know existed. Every child’s birth – as their soul embarks on a brand new journey – gives us a window into the ‘One’, the collectiveness, of all of us.

I feel honored, excited and so very lucky to be Evelyn’s mom. The Universe has given me the greatest gift of all. I look forward to the journey we will share in the coming years.

I’m still doing readings

I’ve had lots of inquiries as to whether or not I am still doing intuitive readings. The answer to that is yes! I’ve done several since Evelyn has been born. Newborns sleep a lot, and I manage to get a lot done during her snoozin’ time.

If you’re interested in booking a reading with me, please visit the Intuitive Readings Page.

Baby Guesses

Out of all of the guesses on The Daily Awe Baby Poll, my OWN MOM won – she had everything right (almost). She guessed the time as 5:55…she was only a little off!

lindsay

Lisa | Practically Intuitive March 10, 2013 at 12:30 pm

While I’ve not experienced this in my own life, I am so happy to be able to share it (as I can) through my friends. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of that and I am so thrilled to have your child in my (far-away-but-close-enough-thanks-to-FB) world! <3

Lindsay March 10, 2013 at 7:54 pm

Evie has the bestest Long Distance Auntie in you, Lisa! <3

Teri March 10, 2013 at 12:50 pm

Welcome to the world, beautiful baby girl!

Lindsay March 10, 2013 at 7:54 pm

Thank you Teri! I can feel your support across the miles!

Julie Barrett March 10, 2013 at 4:00 pm

I just love her to pieces! I am waiting for her hair to turn blonde :)

Lindsay March 10, 2013 at 7:53 pm

She is losing her hair now and rockin’ the old man look so we will see how it comes in soon!

Ayla March 10, 2013 at 11:43 pm

Congratulations to both of you lovely ladies (Mom & Daughter!)!
February 8 was not only the day of her birth, but as you said, your rebirth. You can always celebrate it for both wonderful reasons. Evie is absolutely beautiful. I see in the photo eyes of wonder and of wisdom. You two are going to have a terrific adventure experiencing life together. Is she your first child? I ask this because I noticed the intuition got so much stronger after becoming a mother. The good stuff kicks in.
I wish you both every happiness!

Jennifer Flint ~ The Aura Reader March 11, 2013 at 12:54 am

Awww, she’s so gorgeous. I love the nickname, too. Super cute! I haven’t had the pleasure myself, but I do enjoy living vicariously. More photos, please! :)

Dawnll March 12, 2013 at 11:39 pm

Oh my world she is precious as can be. Congratulations to you all.

Haley Steinhardt March 15, 2013 at 7:45 pm

Lindsay, I am so glad to hear that your birth was such a beautiful and healing experience:) And little Evie shares a birthday with my brother! What a gentle soul shines through her little photo… :) :) :)

Vladimir March 16, 2013 at 8:50 pm

Congratulations!

Heather Lamb March 17, 2013 at 1:25 am

Oh how I love her! So very happy Evie is here safe and sound gently in your arms. A beautiful gift for a wonderful person, congratulations Lindsay!

quest bars February 8, 2016 at 12:45 pm

Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of the images aren’t loading properly.

I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue.

I’ve tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same outcome.