“Sometimes we don’t realize how big the little things in life really are.”
Have you ever experienced a moment where you felt absolute oneness with the world and everyone around you? A single, frozen moment in time when everything became clear and you suddenly understood that we are all connected?
I had a moment like that last week as I rocked my daughter to sleep and listening to the rain falling outside. My heart swelled with love for my daughter, my family, friends and eventually my thoughts turned to the Universe and our connection to All That Is. I began to feel deep appreciation for all the little things that make our world beautiful. The moments that make life rich, happy and remind us that the world is more good than bad.
Some of my favorite big little moments:
- The moments when you step outside and take a deep breath of fresh air and feel so alive and happy to be exactly where you are
- When you kiss a newborn’s head and feel a surge of love ripple throughout your entire body & soul as you cradle this brand new life in your arms
- Looking through old photographs of long-passed ancestors and realize that who they were in part contributed to who you are today
- The feeling of delight while getting puppy kisses as you marvel over the love you can feel for a pet
- A smile from a stranger passing you on the sidewalk (Note to self: smile at random people more often!)
- Feeling the ocean’s waves gently sweeping on your feet
- Crawling into bed with fresh, clean sheets
- Receiving an unexpected compliment from a friend or even the person behind you in line a the grocery store
- Holding hands with someone you love
- The taste of your favorite food
- The smell of freshly cut grass
- Quiet, alone time
- Second chances and forgiveness
- Rainy days spent on the couch in pjs
- Small victories, like picking the right line in the grocery store or customs line crossing the border
- Getting mail that isn’t a bill (thanks too all my lovely friends who still send letters occasionally!)
- The fact that nothing is permanent. You can always change what you don’t like
- The way the Universe always provides exactly what we need at the right time
What are some of your “Life is Awesome” moments? Please share them with me, I’d love to hear them!
If you like what you read here – subscribe to The Daily Awe.
If you’re looking for some insight into your career, relationships or life in general, click here for an intuitive reading.