How to know your soul's purpose in 5 minutes

How to know your soul’s purpose in 5 minutes

by Lindsay on October 24, 2013

in Attitude, Inspiration, Motivation

lifepurpose“What’s my life’s purpose?” is one of the questions I’m asked most frequently from readers and those I do intuitive readings for. I believe we all know the answer to this question, deep down inside. But we doubt ourselves, wonder if it’s the right thing to do, or feel confused about our options (or supposed lack thereof).

Usually when someone, “What’s my life purpose?” I know there is an underlying question in there somewhere. Something like:

• What career would I be best suited for?
  • Would it be a good idea to quit my current job to pursue my passions?
  • Will I be financially secure if I become self-employed?
  • What’s my true passion that will bring meaning to my life?
  • What are my innate skills and talents?
  • Is it in my soul contract to win the lottery in this lifetime? Oh please oh please oh please oh please say yes!

We all want to make sure we’re on the right path (though there is not really any wrong path, is there?).

How can I be sure I’m living out my life purpose?

Well, for starters, you’ll wake up in the morning feeling excited about your work. Doors will open up easily for you. (I don’t mean literally, unless you’ve been hitting the gym!) You’ll experience synchronicities that validate what you’re doing. There will be lots of signs – both in the form of gut feelings (otherwise known as your intuition) and the feedback you get from the outside world – that will let you know if you’re on track and living out your purpose.

Questions to ask and find your purpose in 5 minutes

A good way to get to the bottom of what lifts you up is to ask yourself these questions. Sit down with a pen and paper (or your computer), and answer the following:

• What gets you fired up?
  • What can you talk about for hours if you have a receptive ear?
  • What are you naturally good at, what comes naturally that helps others?
  • What lifts you up like nothing else can?
  • What are you naturally good at, without really “trying” hard?

Have an answer? That’s your purpose. It can be one specific thing, or many. Probably many. My purpose is writing, caregiving, advising, and singing karaoke. Okay, I jest on the last one, but I do love karaoke!

If you’re just really wishy-washy on the subject and you’re just not sure WHAT your purpose is, then ask yourself what it is you would be most devastated that you didn’t get to do before you die? What would you feel crushed if you never got to experience or do or give to/share with the world? There’s your answer.

Timing

If you’ve already determined your purpose(s), but are on the fence about sharing your gift(s) with the world, now is the time to do it. If you keep waiting for the “right time” to pursue your passion and purpose, I’m here to tell you that now is as good a time as any to set the intention & get the wheels turning on manifesting a career path that is in alignment with your life’s purpose.  What are you waiting for?

Still not sure?

Even if you’re pretty sure you’re on the right path, an intuitive reading can help you verify if you’ve found your purpose. Or help you identify what it is if you’re not too sure. If you would like a soul contract reading to learn about your soul purpose, send me an email! I specialize in connecting with your guides to open up that tome – your personal Akashic Record – to find out what lessons you’re here to learn and where your strengths lie and…how to use them!

An important reminder

Something important for all of us to remember is that no matter what your individual life purpose is in this lifetime, we are all here to experience, live and teach love. Whether you’re an accountant or a nurse, an editor or janitor, virtually all careers offer opportunities to teach love in one way or another. And if you don’t think your career is helping you live out your soul purpose, there are other ways to do it! Volunteering, letting your creativity out on evenings/weekends, even online by sharing your light on a blog or message boards.

How do you live out your soul purpose? Let us know!

67 Not Out - Mike Perry October 24, 2013 at 10:56 am

I think it’s those signs you mention that are the real sign-posts to what we should be doing. When we are on the right track the path is smooth and assistance is provided to help us on our way. And vice versa, of course.

Tatiana October 24, 2013 at 11:54 am

This is really interesting because I see these same suggestions on websites by people who don’t do intuitive work (but consider themselves spiritual in some capacity). I don’t think I’m naturally good at anything. No one’s ever needed anything that only I could give them :/ That’s the part that always got me feeling trapped. I don’t have any natural skills or talents. I’m not good at anything that other people struggle at. I struggle with everything :/ Maybe my natural gift is sucking at everything I try and failing?

But I guess I’m DEFINITELY not living my purpose now. There aren’t any synchronicities and I was asking my friend last night, “Why do I even bother getting up in the morning? What’s the point of anything that I do?”

All I do know for certain is that I need to move out the city that I live in. But that’s it. :/

Heather Lamb October 25, 2013 at 10:58 am

Hi Tatiana! Um, well I can tell you just from reading your post that your natural gift is NOT “sucking at everything” lol. That’s just the story you tell yourself, so as long as you tell it, be prepared to live it, cause that is what you will create ;) I read your gravatar profile and I think deep down you know exactly what your purpose is. A reading w Lindsay may help validate this for you. You are very gifted in your writing abilities and should share that with the world. You want to study and go live in Paris again, what is stopping you? Deep passions are hard to ignore or deny, so get out of your own way girl and start writing that happy ending you already know you are destined for :) Thank your lucky stars that you are figuring this out at such a young age and honoring who you are. You will continue to bless the world so much longer than those of us who are just starting to figure this out now! You are already a rock star, now quit lip-syching and go make your own music! :)

Lindsay October 27, 2013 at 8:27 pm

You know who else is a rock star? YOU, Heather! My god you are amazing. Tatiana – I couldn’t have said it any better than Heather did. I know we all experience slumps and low points in our lives. But you are not here to “suck” at anything. You’re also not here to feel so low and down. You’re here to grab the bull by the horns, take your natural-born skills, your dreams and your passions, and create a happy life. I know you can do it. <3 Go for it!

And, thank you Heather!

Heather Lamb October 27, 2013 at 10:52 pm

Wow, thank you Lindsay for the compliment. You have literally no idea how much that means to me. YOU were the one that lit the fire within me. Your blog is the one I found last February, and you have been my rock star ever since ;) You shining so brightly inspired me to turn up my own light a little, and quit lip synching myself – so thank YOU for being such an amazing, beautiful example for others! I learn from the best :)

Julie Barrett October 24, 2013 at 8:07 pm

Hi Lindsay, Love the post and the catchy title :) They are great questions, and if I doubted the answers I already had in mind, this just solidified them even more.

Gav October 26, 2013 at 11:49 am

I do feel I am on the right path, but yes it’s hard to say what my purpose is. There are many things that get me fired up, but I wouldn’t call them purpose. I am very passionate about health for instance, but not sure what I would do with it, lecture, coach, or just inspire.

Amanda S October 29, 2013 at 5:53 pm

Wow, a lot of new information, gave me a lot to think about.

Rgds,
Amanda

Jeff Bridges November 29, 2013 at 12:14 pm

A dream becomes a goal when action is taken toward its achievement.
Bo Bennett

lalai alcala racines July 18, 2014 at 11:47 pm

I always dream about my co-Mate..what does it mean? Please i need your answer. Im looking forward for it.