I see numbers…11:11 and its meaning

by Lindsay on August 25, 2010

in 11:11, Spirituality

I started seeing numbers when I was a teenager. Back then, I thought it was related to a higher power wanting me to help my family win the lottery. The number I saw most frequently was 5:55. Yes, even in the morning. Then, seeing numbers seemed to take a bit of a hiatus in my life – I just didn’t see any in a recurring pattern to take any notice.

A few years ago I started seeing 11:11 – just every once in a while at first. Then it stepped up a notch. I  almost got hit by a cab when crossing the street one day — the license plate read ELVEN11. I’d see it everywhere – receipts, clocks and sometimes in the most random of places.

A lot of people say “make a wish” at this time (myself included), but I think there is a much deeper reason for why more and more people have been experiencing this phenomena.

Now for me, seeing numbers has gone far beyond seeing just 11:11. In the past month the frequency with which I see 8:08, 9:09, 11:11, 12:34 2:22 and 3:33 is almost unbelievable.  I started keeping a log but then I stopped because I was just seeing them every day with increased fervor.

So what does this mean? Why do I keep seeing these numbers?

Am I conscious of this now and therefore subconsciously looking for these numbers? Or is someone trying to get my attention? Doreen Virtue’s book “Angel Numbers 101: The Meaning of 111, 123, 444, and Other Number Sequences” explains the meaning of all of these sequential numbers and gives a short explanation of what each means.

After doing some research, I think seeing 11:11 can mean a few things:

• Something big is about to happen in your life; hang on
  • You’re on a spiritual path and growth is imminent
  • A message from your spirit guides saying ‘hello’
  • An opportunity is going to come knocking soon

The 11:11 Spirit Guardians site does a pretty good job of answering questions and explaining this in depth.

Do you see 11:11 or any other sequential numbers? What does 11:11 mean to you?

ivand12 August 25, 2010 at 10:18 am

Nice post, Sometimes this exact same thing happens to me, but i think to myself 'its all out of coincidence', but your post opened my eyes a little bit..Thanks for sharing

-Ivan: ivand12.wordpress.com , first time blogging so dont expect much, but my 16 year old mind will come up with something lols..Greetings

Lindsay August 25, 2010 at 10:22 am

Glad you found the blog today, Ivan! Now you know it's not just a coincidence but more of a heads up to you. Good luck with your blog!

Xenani August 26, 2010 at 1:42 am

Ah, so interesting! I too have been experiencing this number phenomenon. It has opened my eyes as well, thanks for posting this. I am going to check out Doreen's Virtue book now. =)

Lindsay August 26, 2010 at 8:13 am

Awesome! I’ve actually got two of her number books. Not really clear on why she has two of the same (essentially) so I wrote about my favorite on here.

Patti September 7, 2010 at 1:10 pm

I glanced at the clock today and saw 11:11 and instantly thought of you, Linds.

Lindsay September 7, 2010 at 5:12 pm

Awesome! <3

jay March 28, 2012 at 7:40 pm

hi,
i usually see 111 A LOT. Like sometimes ill look at the clock after 5 hours and it will say 111. One time i was playing a game and i happened to look at my score. It was 111. Another time i was reading the Hunger Games and i book marked my page without looking, the page number was 111. i always see this number without looking and i have considered spiritual reasons because my cousin passed and its his ten year anniversary and i started seeing 111 this year

Anthea July 5, 2012 at 5:51 am

I started seeing 11:11 a little bit more frequently in my life after I was convinced I had a soulmate encounter, and after knowing that 11:11 does have something to do with all these soulmate thingies.

The first time I saw him was in April this year, and I saw him again last night..(he’s a local musician who plays at a local cafe, and we’ve exchanged smiles, glances and had eye contact..which was so damn electrifying, I did not expect to feel the way I felt, I mean I don’t even know him but I feel like I know him. but that, is a whole LONG and different story on its own lol)

So anyway, I’ve counted the days, it’s been exactly 83 days since I last saw him in April. 8+3 = 11. That revelation came to me while I was half-asleep and I was so surprised by such revelation that I immediately woke up hahaha. So right now i’m thinking..could he really be my soulmate? I can’t stop thinking about him. I feel so alive just at the thought of him. What’s funny? I don’t even know him! But I do have a feeling somehow that something great is going to happen. But I don’t wanna get my hopes up or I will be crestfallen. LOL. So yes.. sorry for being so long-winded, I just had to get this out.. lol

Lindsay July 5, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Hi Anthea,

Wow, now that’s a pretty cool story! I think you should approach him the next time you see him. The great thing is that you already have a conversation piece: his music. Might as well take that step and see what comes out of it!

Regina September 1, 2012 at 4:58 am

333 is my number. And I also am very sensitive to 123 and other combinations 🙂

Lindsay September 1, 2012 at 7:44 am

333 is my number too, Regina! <3

Litia September 9, 2012 at 10:45 pm

11:11…. It’s a constant in my life. I just found a dime about ten minutes ago (yet another constant in my life) so I come up to search the net yet again for the meaning or finding dimes. For the first time this site popped up. Of course I read the article on finding dimes and part way down I see (11:11 anyone?) Okay okay… you’ve got my attention! There’s someone else out there experiencing the same thing I am. But what does it mean??? I know there are others out there that share this phenomena, my god I’ve been researching it for 7, almost 8 years now. Everytime I learn a little more.

So I did this seminar a couple years ago, The Nine Rights of Munay Ki, my spirit guides “told me” I needed to, through many many various signs. There I find out I am a direct descendant of Lemura…. sound familiar anyone? I guess I’m commenting on all of this because all these years I have felt so alone…. not crazy (though I did question myself a couple of times in the beginning!!!) but very alone. It’s nice to know I’m not!

Derek sessoms December 11, 2012 at 11:39 pm

Hey my name is Derek sessoms and I am from seattle Washington. I see the number 11:11 on the clock and in other places every where I go. This is not a good number at all!! I am not religious in any way shape or form but I would call this number satanic. Call me crazy but one night I was sleeping and I woke up in my room. The light was very dim and I saw a spider hanging from my ceiling coming down slowly. I think that I was dreaming while I was awake. But then I late looked up the phenomenon and I found that the same thing is happening to thousands of people. Like I said I am not religious AT ALL but this is scaring me ALOT!

Allison December 12, 2012 at 7:43 am

My husband and I both experience the 11 phenomenon. It started for me weeks before we started seeing each other (for the 3rd time..for a relationship reference research “twin flames or twin souls). I have always taken it as a sign from above that I am on the eright path for my life. We see 11’s, 111’s, and 1111’s everywhere.

Molly December 18, 2012 at 11:18 pm

My boyfriend passed away a little over a year ago. We had been dating for 6 years, and I am sure he was a part of my soul group. Soon after he died I saw 11:11 or 1:11 everywhere. Like you said – liense plates, exercise machines, GPS systems, etc. It was crazy. I think he was sending me a “Hello” or maybe he was trying to tell me I have begun a spiritual journey with him watching over me.

Lindsay December 20, 2012 at 6:35 am

Oh, Molly that is beautiful. I’m sure that was him saying ‘hi’ and letting you know he is still with you.

Cam K. December 27, 2012 at 12:09 am

I just started reading a few minutes ago about the significance of the number 11 and 11:11 and it seems to be a big deal. It’s strange because my whole life I have experienced strange phenomena when it came to spirituality although I don’t want to explain detail as its my own business but I always have this odd feeling deep deep deep within me like I’m somehow different and a special human being and I have an amazing purpose in life in the future. My birthday is on nov 11, or 11:11 and I saw somewhere where the number 11 or 11+11 = the letter K which happens to be the first letter of my last name. Idk maybe I’m just trippin out but I just looked up the numerology just a few minutes ago and realized on top of the strange phenomena I’ve experienced that my birthdate is significant… This is crazy shit

Foster Caddell's Keys to Successful Landscape Painting: A Problem/Solution Approach to Improving Yo June 11, 2014 at 6:02 pm

Hello there! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering

if you knew where I could get a captcha plugin for my

comment form? I’m using the same blog platform

as yours and I’m having trouble finding one? Thanks a lot!

Michele December 19, 2014 at 10:37 am

So glad I found this. I thought I was going crazy. I noticed the numbers 1111, 222. and so on appearing before me and I’m always finding dimes in random places. So much that it got my attention. Looking back, it’s when I’m thinking about love ones who have passed. Thank you.

C Geppert January 10, 2015 at 11:29 pm

I opened this page because I just found another dime today, about
my 200th in the past few years. The dime I found last week was of
certain appreciation, as I had just 1 hour earlier quit a very lucrative job because of petty power tripping. i was concerned this was not the right thing, but finding the dime assured me I am on the correct path!
Then I read the notation about numbers and particularly 11:11, this is
the time my only child was born.
Love it.

Aditya January 30, 2016 at 10:25 pm

I am daily accidentally seeing time at 12:34. Can you please explain it why?

maryEn1 February 7, 2016 at 1:30 pm

fiverr cocoservice – Our hyperlink-building services are the fundamental part of our Search engine optimisation strategies. Our imaginative team let you define your link building targets.

christine February 24, 2016 at 1:14 pm

I started seeing 11:11 a LOT around 2011, and somehow talked about it so often with a friend who wasn’t seeing it that he came up with a shorthand way of referring in conversations to the impact it was making on me – he’d call it “the Good 11,” and we’d sometimes talk about topics like, ‘what could the Good 11 mean?,’ ‘why does the Good 11 show up?,’ or ‘the Good 11 showed itself again today, this time it appeared when […fill in the blank].’ I had no idea other people experienced this too, until I just read this post in 2016!
If I look back on 2011 now and try to understand what was happening then as somehow significant, I can see that it was the year my animal Spirit Guide(s) first appeared to me, and I had started to change my life in serious ways to live more in alignment with my spiritual values and true identity (the latter of which still remains a bit buried, but (too) fast of a change within can usher in chaos, and defeat or unnecessarily complicate transformation if you let it, imo). Anyway, the ‘Good 11’ is still with me, and so are my Guides. It just blows me away that all this time others were witnessing the Good 11 around the same time it started showing up for me. I don’t understand it, but it’s decidedly cool!

{ 6 trackbacks }