Spiritual Significance of Dimes

Spiritual Significance of Dimes

by Lindsay on September 8, 2011

in Numerology, Souls, Spirit Guides

Photo credit: kdurril on flickr

After my grandma passed away, my mom (her daughter) began finding dimes everywhere she went. Mom believed that her seeing the dimes was Gram’s way of reaching out and letting her know she’s okay and still with us in spirit. I also found a couple of dimes in the wake of Gram’s death and was sure that was her way of hugging me after her physical body no longer could.

A couple of years later dimes started speaking to me in different ways. I would find them at times in my life when I needed to make a decision or a major change. I began to realize the dimes were validations from my spirit guides – their way of saying, “Go for it!”

For 6 years I lived in the same apartment. And although I was content there, I was beginning to feel a restlessness within me that it was time to move onward and upward. Two years before, I’d written on my aspirations list: Move into a new home by August 2011. Moving was just a thought in the back of my mind, though, because I didn’t take any action to find a new place to live.

Apropos of nothing, my best friend sent me an ad for a place listed on Craigslist. No pictures, which is risky on CL, but I figured “why not?” It’s not like I was going on a date from someone who posted a personal ad on CL, after all. That’d have been a different story and I’d give you my permission to slap me for that. I called the landlord and made a plan to go view the place. 15 minutes later, I was standing on the doorstep of the place, about to ring the doorbell. I looked down and there it was – a shiny dime. I smiled, picked it up and placed it in my pocket. Before even laying eyes on the home on the inside, I knew it was mine. I got the place (yay!) and have since moved in on (guess it): July 30th, 2011. Life-lists/dream boards do work!  My landlord calls the house the “Good Karma House” and I’m pretty sure he doesn’t read my blog, but somehow knew those words would speak to me!

So, what is the spiritual significance of finding dimes?

We know that numbers have significance (11:11, anyone?). But what about a dime – number 10? The number ten means “We reap what we sow.” Ten (10) can also represent fulfillment and completion of something. I find that explanation resonates the most with me. Without fail when I need confirmation about a change or something in my life, my guides show me dimes.

But what dimes mean to me may not be of significance for you. Maybe you find pennies. Or quarters. Or fifty dollar bills (lucky #&*$@!!). There’s no right or wrong interpretation. The significance of the coins will speak to you in the form of your own intuition. When my mom finds dimes, it’s her mom speaking to her from the other side. When I find them, it’s a validation from my spirit guides that I’m on the right track.

No matter what your interpretation is, finding loose change around is a sign from the spirit world. It’s also the Universe’s way of reminding us to trust it.

PS – I was debating on whether or not to post this article or another one I have written today. When I was thinking about it, I walked into my bedroom and found a dime on my bed. I have no idea how it got there. Pretty sure my dog didn’t put it there. In seeing that dime, I had my answer. Today also would’ve been my grandma’s birthday. I think publishing this article today was the right choice.

If you’re curious about this phenomena, here are a couple of blogs about finding dimes/coins:

Blog dedicated to finding dimes

Blogger mentions finding dimes and has a slew of comments from others experiencing the same thing

Hugs from God

Do you have experiences with finding coins? Share your story here with me and other readers!

——————————————————————————————————————————————

Julie | A Clear Sign September 8, 2011 at 8:41 am

I like your explanation for the dimes! I was seeing dimes everywhere right before I lost my job…in the most bizarre places. I’ve heard it means that folks who would have been at the right age to use dimes to make public phone calls (our parents and grandparents’ generation) sometimes use them to communicate with us from the other side, and I’ve also heard that the message is, “Call me.” Then for a while I was finding quarters everywhere…not sure why. I have noticed that right before something huge happens, I find paper money, usually dollar bills, that someone has written on or stamped with something – I got one of those yesterday.

Lindsay September 8, 2011 at 9:08 am

WOW…Julie that’s so cool! What did the dollar bill have stamped/written on it? Anything you think might be relevant to you?

I guess the meaning of finding coins/bills really does vary for people…maybe I should try giving my gram a “call” at some point today; I did light a candle in her honor but didn’t say much beyond “happy birthday, I love you.”

D'Arci Redditt September 8, 2011 at 10:04 am

My life has had some major changes lately. On Monday, I found a dime. My friend and I were walking. He said, “Let’s go this way.” I happened to look down and saw this dime. I stopped and picked it up. He mentioned, sweetly, I never would have found the dime if we didn’t go that way. I could go on and on explaining everything that was previously occurring right before I found that dime in the rain, but I know it was special, nonetheless. I made sure to look at the year, which was 2000. It was minted in Denver, CO. I believe it was a confirmation that I am in the right area.

Lindsay September 8, 2011 at 10:07 am

D’Arci, I don’t even know the full story and I got chills when I read your story. I hope the changes in your life are positive and for the best. Thanks for sharing! :)

Andrea Friedmann September 8, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Love this, Lindsay! It’s so wonderful when we are open to the validation that is at our fingertips. It took me decades to learn it, but it sure puts a spring in my step when I get it!

Lindsay September 8, 2011 at 9:44 pm

It is so great, isn’t it? And it’s funny you mention the spring in your step, because I found myself giving a little spring/skip in myself walking home from work today!

Laura September 8, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Lindsay,

Oh, this was great! I want to start seeing dimes now. I will have to set that as my next intention before I go for a walk today. We will see what happens. What a great confirmation of guidance and synchronicity. I love it.

Lindsay September 8, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Let me know how it goes, Laura! I love synchronicities, too! :)

Lisa September 8, 2011 at 10:52 pm

I like this, really like this. I know people who find unique items in places out of the clear blue.

Lindsay September 9, 2011 at 10:40 am

I’d love to hear those stories, Lisa! Got your email…I’ll write you later today!

Kimberlee September 8, 2011 at 11:35 pm

LOVE this article!

Lindsay September 9, 2011 at 10:40 am

Thanks so much, Kimberlee!

Justin | Mazzastick September 9, 2011 at 7:59 am

Hey Lindsay,

Finding a dime on your bed? It couldn’t be any more clearer than that. :)

Synchronicities also occur to me in subjects that I was thinking about appearing out of the thin air.

I will be thinking about a movie that I haven’t seen in years and when I turn on the TV it is on. Or When I am thinking about a subject that I want to learn more about and a book practically flies off of the shelf about the same subject.

It’s really cool how these things happen.

Lindsay September 9, 2011 at 10:41 am

Hi Justin!

I never get tired of hearing synchronicity stories! It’s pretty awesome to me how when we become more aware of them, more of them seem to happen right before our eyes. I especially love your movie example!

Amy Putkonen September 12, 2011 at 9:03 am

I thought this was a very interesting story. Congrats on the new apartment! I have never really noticed dimes, so now I have a new fun thing to look for!

Lindsay September 12, 2011 at 9:20 am

Thanks, Amy. I love my new place so much! Let me know if you end up finding dimes more often now…I bet you will!

Sophie September 12, 2011 at 6:06 pm

This is really interesting. It must be so comforting seeing signs like this that help you feel like you’re on the right track. I’ve always felt a bit lost spiritually, but maybe I’ll start looking out for pennies. =]

Lindsay September 13, 2011 at 9:13 am

How’d you find this blog? I bet you found it for a reason! If you believe in spirit guides, go ahead and ask yours to show you pennies or something else — whatever it is you’d like to see. And let me know how it goes. :)

Jackie Murphy October 2, 2011 at 11:36 pm

On Wed.Sept.15, I went to the Wawa for gas, walked inside and found a dime. No big deal.On Thursday I went to grocery store and found a dime. Friday I got my car washed and when the guys gave me my car I found a dime on the seat. Now I’m thinking, “what in the world is with these dimes?’ On the 17th, my first grandson got married to a wonderful young lady. All had a good day. On Monday the 19th, I found 5 dimes on top of my Bible in my bedroom. I don’t know how they got there. I mentioned this to my daughter & grand-daughter and they just looked at me strange. I wonder if it’s My Dad or my friend Joe, letting me know all is well. I’ll just keep my eyes peeled for those dimes. Went to Wawa tonight, you guessed it, I found another dime. Peace

Lindsay October 3, 2011 at 9:25 am

Awesome, Jackie! You are seeing them a lot! The ones that make me most curious are the 5 you found on top of your Bible! Thanks so much for sharing your stories us here. :)

Royal December 29, 2011 at 5:30 pm

I made notice after all I found was dimes, I finally mentioned it to my family, and no they have made notice of how many dimes i find, placed where i know NOTHING was there before… my husband stated …since i have brought it up, his ears purk up after I start cleaning…dime ..dime..I will find 3 at a time, one flew and hit my leg while walking down it, and to find out ..its a mercy dime..rare

Lindsay December 30, 2011 at 9:15 am

Wow…pretty awesome! I am not sure what a mercy dime is…time to google it! :) Hello to my fellow dime-finder. :)

andrea December 31, 2011 at 3:09 pm

My mother started finding dimes in very odd places , after loosing a number of very important people in her life she always believed that When she very occasionally dreamed about them that they were visiting her. When the dime thing started up she looked it up online and read Just what u wrote that it was her loved ones sending her signs and guidance. She shared this with my brother and I and we brushed her off and sadly gave her Crap about it. ( which I now feel awful about)
Very recently we experienced the loose of my uncle a very very very dear and important person in our life. He died very suddenly and quickly from cancer. It has devosted my family. Before he passed him and my mom talked and he promised her When i leave u a dime u will know it was me. Still not believing the dime theory I went to work at our local cancer treatment center. I work as a housekeeper for the hospital and frequently clean this building I walked into a bathroom to clean it and When I looked into the toliet there was a dime in the bottom of the bowl. I stood there staring at it for 20 mins I started crying because of All places that building the freaking toielt . I looked toward heaven and said out loud really Ricky a toliet u know I have to fish that out right..!
Today I found my second dime. I was paged to clean a room in the hospital it Just so happened to be the room he died in. I walked in and started crying as I pulled off the sheets the was a dime on the bed. Underneath All the linen . At tgat moment not only did I truly start to believe but I felt like I was being hugged.
I miss my uncle every day but with the “dime theory” I know he will always be with me giving me advice and guiding me.
My mom has yet to find a Ricky dime but I know she will I Just think he was targeting me first to make me a believer LOL

Lindsay January 1, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Oh my goodness, your story gave me chills and made me teary! How beautiful. Sometimes we need to ‘see’ things in order to believe them. Don’t feel too bad about giving your mom a hard time before – that’s the past and now you’re a believer! So glad your Uncle was able to reach out to you that way. I LOVE IT!

Joyce January 17, 2012 at 7:54 am

For the past 2 months I’ve been finding dimes in weird places. I first noticed them when I was at a training for work. Other than my actual “job” I also make and sell handmade items. I arrived at the training early and I set down my things and took off my hat and put it on the table. I like to wear one or two things that I make whenever I go out. you never know when someone will notice them and want to order something. So I sat down at my seat for the training and I noticed 2 dimes sitting under the chair across from me. The office had recently been remodeled and this was the first meeting since the work was done. Happily I picked up the dimes and put them in my pocket. (saying a little thank-you as I did this.)

The meeting went on and finally we had a break and 2 ladies came up to me and asked about my hat and ended up ordering a pair of them.
I have since found dimes all over the place. The weirdest one, however, was at the grocery store. Typically I use the “self-serve” lane and I always double bag my groceries. So as I checked out, using my debit card as usual, I double bagged my groceries. The bags are on a stand at the far end of the check out counter. Each time you bag your items you have to open the bag, fill it, move the full bag, open the next bag, and load your full bag into the next to double the bags. I’m sure you all have done that a time or two yourselves so your with me, right?
So as I was unloading the bags of groceries and putting the empty bags away I noticed a dime on the bottom of the outer bag! How in the heck did that get there?
About a week ago my son and I walked to the grocery store. It was a lovely sunny day for January. As we entered the rear parking lot behind the store I found $27.00 lying on the grass! I’ll admit I yelled “Thank you!” very loudly when I found it!
I have since made my own website for my handmade items and I have orders from all over the United States….. and ENGLAND!
I’ve always had other “prompts” (11:11) from beyond but this last few months have been my first “dimes” time in life and I’m thankful for it.

Raol January 18, 2012 at 10:51 am

Hai Lindsay,

Thanks for blog. My story is somewhat similar to yours. I have been living (sharing) this appt. for almost 4 yrs with my In- Laws. And same job with no raise for same time. I recently started finding dimes around the restaurant i work as well as the appt. i find them in parking lot, lobby, dumpster area, and many weird places. Still dont know what sign is that for? I have been living a stressful life since a year looking for a better job, and then i started finding dimes. Does this mean anything? Do you have any knowledge about it? Reply would be most appreciated.

Lindsay January 18, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Hi Raol,

My guess is that it’s your guides just giving you a lift – and letting you know a job is on the horizon. Keep searching, keep taking action and doing everything you can in your search. You’ve got support and your guides are letting you know. I’m willing to bet you’ll be seeing your job look look up very soon. Let me know!

Michael February 3, 2012 at 8:55 am

Good article, Lindsay.

When my Dad passed in ’04, I got his pickup. When I went to drive it home…dime on the seat, LOL.

I don’t attach much meaning to the exact number or form it takes…see my blog about the penny. I’ve also had it happen with corn cobs, for cryin’ out loud.

They’re designed to ping your conscious with something coming from your 5th-dimensional world through your subconscious.

Lindsay February 4, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Your story about the dime on the seat of your Dad’s pickup truck gave me chills. How cool is that?

Now — corn cobs?! This I gotta hear!

Michael February 5, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Was a time I was worried about the future as far as putting food on the table. I began finding cobs of dried feed corn in the driveway – the nearest farm is a half mile away and we’re in the woods.

Means nothing to anybody else, but when I kept finding them it brought to mind some passages about the lilies of the field and the birds of the air not needing to worry about providence. The cobs had half or less of the kernels on them, but there were still plenty. that meant that we will always be provided for, no matter what.

That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it… ;)

Larry Eaton February 14, 2012 at 1:14 pm

I can not believe that I have found all of you. YOU! You reading this. I was sure that I was the only person who was having this very strange phenomenon of finding dimes…frequently…in the strangest of places! I would share with you the “strangeness,” the feelings of bewilderment associated with the many times I looked down to find a dime but, given that you other “dime-finders” are out there, your stories may be even more interesting then mine. For me, it started a long time ago. I was retrieving a trash-can off of the street, this, after the garbage collecters had emptied it, and I looked into the can and to my surprise there was a shiney dime at the bottom. Since that single experience, I have found dimes, as you have, in the strangest of places. And, as with many of you, had one single variable, one single miniscule event been altered, I would have passed over finding that dime. As for instance, finding a dime in a large playground, covered with sand and, had the dime I found been placed just a little to the left or right, hidden under just a fraction more of sand, I never would have found it. I could go on and on, believe me. In God’s name, if there is one, what am I being told? I feel too stupid to figure it out. I would appreciate any insight. I keep thinking that everything is just to RELATIVE to have any substantive explanation. And I do not like letting my imagination, subjective projections, delude me into what meaning there may exist. HELP! If you can.

Michael February 14, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Hi Larry,
If it has significance, it can only be whatever you place on it. You are the perceiver and creator of your reality and so only you can provide the meaning, if any.

I wouldn’t go all OCD on it. So you found some dimes. So, you get to decide whether it means anything and what that is. Perhaps to me, in your case it could be the message for you that there are patterns in events. Sometimes a synchronicity is its own message. Or that you’re really good at finding dimes. :)

Larry Eaton February 14, 2012 at 10:47 pm

Michael, thanks for such a rapid response. I have not ever been this “far out” on anything. So, just to write about my experience was a bit of a challenge. First off, I did not realize that so many other were having this same thing happening to them. Does this place us in some kind of an esoteric grouping? And I do not think you really believe what you wrote about me being merely lucky about finding dimes. I was not looking for them, number one. Secondly, to find them in such awkard places suggests to me that “something” is trying to communicate something to me bt saying: Hey! This is just too out of the ordinary to be finding dimes where you find them.” At the bottom of a garbage can? Why studk there? Or, in a very difficult place to retrieve a dime under a fold up desk in an suditorium. God, but I could go on. But it would just take too long. I do have a healthy respect for Jung’s notion of synchronicity. And since I have taken up a serious study of quantum mechanics and string theory,, I am wondering more and more about the energy of a human brain…the soul? No, I have to believe that something is trying to tell me more than what I project in my imagination. It just has to be. My imagination is just too far afield to narrow it down. Thanks for your comments.

Michael February 15, 2012 at 8:38 am

The something that’s telling you something is…you.

I was there awhile back, and it’s exciting to have it unfold within your consciousness.

If you haven’t already, I suggest reading the God Theory, The Field and the followups to it. Also check out http://www.halexandria.org/ .

larry March 23, 2012 at 10:48 pm

My family and I have found over 60 dimes in past six months since we lost our father. we have found dimes in odd places around the house. In the center of the bed spread and many times just at the doorway to different rms in the house. many times on car seats. This evening while dining out with my mom, after paying our bill jst as i was about to get up, i found 4 dimes on my seat between my legs, each dimes was touching the other in a straight line. ??????????what is going on??????????? I always questioned life after death, but i am convienced that the spirit or soul is aware and trying to communicate

Larry March 24, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Thanks, who ever you are, for your response and thoughts. I wish that my own experiences were as pronounced as yours. My experiences of finding dimes is that I find them in the most awkard of places. But my “feelings” about trying to attach meaning to this phenomenon are analogus to religious notions I once entertained. They went something like this: If God truly exists, if God truly is loving, if God truly cares, then, why such a “hide-and-seek” game? of Himself/Herself/It. The analogy is, if finding dimes truly has any significance, what is it? Why the difficulty in trying to understand? You see, my imagination is just too “far out!” My ability to project “meaningfullness” into anything is just too relative…making it, in all respects, meaningless. What I am writing next is not as true as it once was, but I’ll share it anyway: I used to think that maybe the dime-finding was a way of letting me know that if I played the lottery I would win millions. That having won millions I would be able to do really nice things for myself, and others…especially those in dire need, this, to include animals. Well, needless to say, I have not won any lotto. And now? Well, it is no longer money. Trust me.

Larry March 24, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Thanks, for your

Lindsay March 28, 2012 at 5:57 pm

I’d say those dimes are a message from your dad that he’s okay and still with you in spirit. Take comfort in it, Larry! :)

Larry June 8, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Lindsay, I was going back through some of the emails relevant to my messages. And I seem to have forgotten what you said about my dad. For your “schooling,” and I use the word most respectfully, I think that in this case involving your gifts of intuitive thinking and feeling, that you are way off base. Were I in your place I would like for one to share with me just how accurate I was. I was not in the least close to my “blood” father. It’s not that I wouldn’t want him to be okay, as you suggest, it is just that I am so very neutral about it. You know, it is said that “the truth shall set you free.” There is much in my life that I would rather be doing, but obligations and committments to keep prevent me from fulfilling my “wish-bucket.” And I just can not seem to get a sense of what the dime-finding is telling me. I did have this dream in which Roy Orbison’s song “Pretty Ribbons of Blue” kept repeating. I had forgotten the melody and went to You Tube. What impressed me the most was the fixation of the watch, ergo, time. Time rhymes with time. So What? So what? I could think of a “bazillion” associations with time? Is mine running out? Am I not attending to something in time before it is too late? I would simply write all of this off were it not for the reality that I am finding dimes in the most awkard of places…nothing like dimes lined up or dimes on my bed…just in the most awkard of places. Thanks…I needed to write this. :)

Lindsay June 9, 2012 at 6:52 am

Larry,

Why do you come here to tell me I’m way “off base” and feel the need to “school” me, and yet you’re looking for answers and asking me questions? This is my blog and your persistent need to come here and be negative has me most perplexed. Why do you keep coming here looking for answers if I’m not right? Most obviously I am not the person to give you your answers. So I suggest you find them within yourself.

Honestly Larry, I have little free time and I’m not interested in engaging in this conversation anymore. Maybe for you dimes are just showing up randomly. Who really knows? I’m sure you will find your answers in due course.

Larry June 9, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Lindsay, I am really sorry that you read my email as a criticism or in any way as being negative. Honestly and very truly. Maybe my choice of words was not appropriate. Maybe nuances to what I was trying to communicate to you seemed to be in the negative. Anyway, you did speak to what I am basically feeling and thinking about the uselessness of communications that can not be more clear and substantial than variable projections. One thing we do have very much in common, Lindsay, I do not know what it means to find dimes in the manner that I am, but it definitely is not randomness. In conclusion, Lindsay I am, as with you, nothing more-or-less than trying to make sense of a phenomenon that is strange, to say the very least. And as to your suggestion that we discontinue our conversation well, sadly, I agree. If what I write to you is so easily construed to be oppositional on my part, than we do have a serious communication problem and hopefully, very hopefully, this strange thing of finding dimes will, probably in some very Jungian way, have some meaning for me. Again, I write to you very apologetically and wish you the very best. The positive thing for me is that I was moved to discover that there are others (many?) who, too, are finding dimes. And I envy the fact that for them, at least what they have written, have found some meaning in their quest. :)

Jay Thompson March 29, 2012 at 12:33 pm

I didnt know there was such a thing as this until i noticed I was finding Dimes everywhere!!! When I had a big desision to make there they were.Im big into intuition and the law of attraction and that kind of thing so this really interests me.Thank you so much I am Greatful for you and your article :)

Lindsay March 29, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Hi Jay! So glad you found this blog and discovered you’re not alone in finding dimes. Thanks for your kind words! <3

Karly April 13, 2012 at 2:37 pm

I just had to comment on this post, even know it’s old. As you know Lindsay, from my relationship reading that you did, I’m in quite a bit of spiritual turmoil right now (wait until you read my latest email to you!). I was reading some of your archived blog posts and came across this one. I found it interesting, yet it didn’t really resonate with me. I had never experienced anything like that, and was pretty sure I never would. I’m not connected or in touch with the universe or my higher self like “that”. I closed my laptop, went upstairs, and thought nothing of it. Inside my room, I went to retrieve something off of my dresser… the dresser that I look at everyday, where I have a lot of toliet trees, etc. stored on top. I look down and there’s five dimes sitting on the corner. I’m not sure how I never noticed that before now. I obviously placed them there a long time ago, however, I’m dumbfounded at the fact that I’ve never noticed them before now and all of a sudden, I look down and they’re there. Obviously this was an accident (I don’t think finding this post was, however!), as I was the one who placed them there previously, and they didn’t “pop” out of nowhere… but I’m starting to wonder if my spirit guides are trying to tell me something. I feel like I’m going through a spiritual awakening.

hi, my name is Mary May 10, 2012 at 4:38 pm

i’m glad i found this sight, i want to tell my story and hope someone can relate to it. My husband died of cancer in 2009, and i have been finding dimes in odd places since 2011. i was finding them in the house on the floor in front of me then i began finding them on the table , under the chair, in the seat of my car , in the kitchen under the table, well you get the picture, i saved 38 dimes so far. the strangest place was on the wall in my sons room after i had just inspected it for painting , i left the room for a minute, and when i returned there was a dime stuck to the wall above my head, i was alone in the room at the time. i noticed this dime was very old a silver dime with the picture of mercury on it. any one have an experience like this

Melanie Jade May 12, 2012 at 9:42 am

My husband and I have been traveling for two years. We’ve been vagabonds, and it’s been great fun. However, for several months now, I’ve been wanting to settle down again. My Spirit has felt tired of moving from place to place and I wanted my own home. We flew back to where the majority of our family is located last Saturday. We immediately started looking for an apartment and found one we liked. The day before yesterday, the day we applied, I found a dime in the closet when we went for the walk-through of the apartment. It really stood out to me. I usually find pennies and thank the Universe for the sign of abundance. But this dime really stood out to me, but I wasn’t sure why. Well, we were approved for the apartment and move in next month. I am thrilled! I am so glad I found this post – what you said about it being a confirmation of “fulfillment and completion of something” – made total sense to me. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Suzanne June 8, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Hi, I’m Suzanne. Its so cool to hear about all of your stories. I have several photos I could share…. I am up to 236 dimes now and my experiences are like many of yours! I believe my dimes are coming from my grandmother. She was very dear to me, and though she passed in 1988 i miss her still and think of her daily. Three years ago i had some very difficult experuences to deal with; some job loss and medical issues etc. i was feeling so low and praying for help. Then came my dime. The first I found in the middle of my made bed in plane sight when I was alone in the house. Later that day another on the seat of my car, and later on my piano keyboard (I was starting to think “ya, right!”) . As I wondered what on earth …. Or not? I came upstairs to get ready for bed. I had a pile of family photos in my scrapbook room I had need working on that week, and I wandered in to tidy up a bit . I lifted up my grandmothers photo and there again, one dime. Lol. It happens all the time, but most especially if I am undergoing something serious or stressful or sad like the death of a pet or a surgery or something. She is here with me, just letting me know she’s watching out. I can tell.

Lindsay June 9, 2012 at 6:54 am

I love your story, Suzanne. :) I’ve been finding dimes a lot lately too, and funnily enough (though not funny at all), I am going through a HUGE change in my life! I think of them as little reassurances from our loved ones beyond. I especially liked your story of finding a dime under your grandmother’s photograph – how cool is that?!

Jody June 17, 2012 at 12:52 am

On the day we lost my Father I found a dime on the floor at the hospital by the vending machines, tucked it in my pocket like I do with found pennies. My Dad was the one person in my life I could always count on to be there for me when times were hard and losing him shook me to the core of my being. All my life (I was 46 yrs old when he passed) my parents had Thanksgiving dinner with Dad doing most of the cooking. He passed just days before Thanksgiving and for the first time I was going to prepare Thanksgiving dinner for my family. I cried all the way to the grocery store and all I could think of was that I shouldn’t have to be doing this. When I got out of the car, right at my feet, there in the parking lot was my 2nd dime in just a few days! Wasn’t long before I began to realize that anytime I needed support I would find a dime. I find lots of pennies and consider those to be hugs from my grandparents now in Heaven, but the dimes are from my Dad letting me know he’s still with me even if I can’t see or hug him.

In February I went to the vending machines at work for a friend (I usually never go for myself) and found a dime. The first dime I found when Dad passed was by the vending machines at the hospital. I swear this is true, within an hour my Mother’s neighbor called me in tears, another 30 plus year neighbor of theirs has just passed away about an hour before. Verla and her husband had been watching out faithfully for my Mom ever since my Dad passed away and I believe Dad was letting me know he was in return watching out for Verla, waiting for her on the other side so she wasn’t alone. He was doing what he could to thank her for watching over Mom the last 10 years. I also think Dad was sending me a hug because he knew I would take Verla’s passing to heart. Even though we weren’t close in age we had become friends through the common experience of having cancer. I was sick first and throughout my struggles I received a card almost every week from Verla. That kindness meant so much to me that I now do the same for others. So when Verla was diagnosed I began regularly sending her cards and we also would call each other. She was one of the kindest, most gentle people I have ever known and I believe Dad knew her passing would be hard on me. I thought it quite clever of him to have me find that dime by the vending machines just like when he passed. I know my story is long but coming across your blog by accident and finding out I’m not alone in the belief that finding dimes can be a way to feel spiritually close to lost loved ones has really meant a lot to me. Thanks to you and everyone else who has taken the time to share their stories.

Jody

Lindsay June 17, 2012 at 6:28 am

Jody,

Your story made me cry. What a strong, loving presence your dad is. Is there any way I could share that on the blog? I just feel like it’s too beautiful a story to not be shared with as many people as possible! Thank you for sharing it here with us!

Jody August 27, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Lindsay,

Sorry so much time has passed without a response from me. I wouldn’t mind if you shared my response with others on your blog. Anyone who has found your blog has probably in some way shared our experiences with dimes. Nice to know I’m not alone!

Lizzard June 17, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Ok, so I have had a hell of a week. My young grey cat name Mouse died last thursday on the 7th. she was only 1.5 years old and died 2 days after my friend, who was around for the deaths of both of my other cats that were the same age, had come over and visited. He was my roommate at one time and was coming over to help out. then my birthday was on the 12th. Havent looked forward to my birthday since I turned 18 since I realized that thats when the worst seems to happen to me. then on the 13th, I total my car, but Im left with only a few bumps and bruises. well, I think it was on the friday after mouse died that I saw a dime on the ground at work. didnt pick it up for some reason… but since then, I have found at least 5 or 6 dimes at work and a few more at home. I even had a dream the other night about finding so many dimes that i had filled a sack the size of a ball of yarn full of them, and the next day was the day that an inspector came by to appraise the appartment I am living in. then this morning I found a dime stuck to my skin when I woke up, and then another fell off after I stood back up in the bathroom!! so needless to say, im a bit wierded out! and it takes alot to wierd me out! what do you think is going on?

Lizzard June 17, 2012 at 1:48 pm

I should also mention that all the dimes I have found, were heads up!

Lindsay June 18, 2012 at 6:51 am

Hi there!

WOW…you have been through the ringer in the past while! My heart goes out to you.

I think the dimes are a sign that you’re not alone – you’re supported and loved. It could be from loved ones who passed away or your spirit guides. But definitely someone is letting you know you’re not alone and everything is okay. The heads up thing is a good sign, too, I’d say!

Lizzard July 24, 2012 at 8:40 pm

Update on the dime thing. I have been finding more and more dimes. Today I found a 10$ bill.

Lindsay July 25, 2012 at 2:15 pm

WHOA. Now that’s an awesome find!

Lyllie June 26, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Hi all, i read a few of your stories and i started looking into the subject today. It’s been a few weeks that i’ve been finding dimes all over the place (entrance, car, friend’s car, on a walk, sofa…) and i noticed some of you were saying it’s a message from the people above and/or a push that says ‘go for it’. No one is dead in my family (fiou!) but i did meet this guy recently (let’s give him a name: William). The thing is, i’ve been with my boyfriend (let’s give him a name:John) for almost 4 years and things have been going really awesome for the past year or so! So i don’t want to think it’s a push for me to leave John and go for the William, but i can’t help noticing that i get butterflies when i think of him (William)…i don’t think i’m ready to leave my boyfriend because ‘dimes’ tell me to do it. It’s quite confusing. I just don’t want to be missing out on maybe the guy of my life..either one or the other! but who can really know? how trustworthy are people that read into the futur and/or the signs from the dimes?

Lindsay June 26, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Ah, the dimes are probably about something else. What other areas in your life are you looking for guidance or answers?

Lyllie June 27, 2012 at 7:50 am

Right now, everything is actually going very well..it’s the only bobo i could’ve seen. Work is awesome, school is great, summer vacation is ok.. maybe it’s telling me to leave for vacation! I was thinking about going down south, but i wasn’t sure it was a good idea, i’ve never travelled alone before. hmm..i guess it could be many things! Thanks for the quick response!

laura miller July 7, 2012 at 9:21 pm

I started finding dimes after reading your post. I pick it up and smile. last week after changing my bedding and sleeping all night I found a dime in my bed the following morning.Yesterday I was talking to my husband and he was spinning a coin in the coffee table, I noticed it was a dime and asked him him where did that come from he replied ” I found it” I just laughed.

Lindsay July 8, 2012 at 7:16 am

That’s cool, Laura! I found another dime yesterday while in line at a restaurant. Unfortunately, the lady in front of me found it too and bent down and picked it up! Made me wonder if she “finds dimes” all the time, too!

Haley July 11, 2012 at 1:10 am

Great article! My grandma passed away about 8 years ago with ovarian cancer. Before she passed, my aunt asked her to please leave us with some sort of sign or reassurance that she was still with us. Shortly after she was gone, my aunt starting finding dimes everywhere! Same with my mom, couisin, etc. I was just walking into my room before bed and felt super stressed about multiple things and right when I was crawling into bed, I stumpled upon something shiny – a dime! Brought a huge smile to my face and made me not worry anymore. Thanks for posting.

Lindsay July 11, 2012 at 6:44 pm

Hi Haley! Thanks so much for sharing your story with us. I am always amazed at spirit and souls who have crossed over and the many ways they show us they’re still with us. I’m glad your grandma showed up for you and your family members! How awesome. :)

Shirley August 19, 2012 at 1:21 pm

I walk all the time I usually find some sort of change from pennies, nichols, dimes, quarters sometime’s a dollars, and a $5.00 bill a $20.00 to $50.00 dollars. I lost many family members from my birth Mother, a stepp Mother many aunts and uncles. Right now I’m so stressed about my current job need help finding a new job. Also does butterflys mean anything they are alway flying aroung me and my home and car. Please help me on what to do.

Shirley August 19, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Shirley August 19, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Lindsay August 23, 2012 at 8:44 am

Hi Shirley!

Butterflies are another sign of loved ones coming to say ‘hi’. I’d say you have some family members who are looking out for you and always with you!

andrea heffner September 17, 2012 at 4:05 pm

I honestly thought I was the only one who found dimes. I find them all the time. When my grandfather died about 5 years ago, we went on a vacation to New York, Toronto, and then Cozumel. I found numerous dimes in each place, I thought I was imagining it, until my husband kept find them too. I continue to find them. thank you for the posts.

Lindsay September 19, 2012 at 7:17 am

Isn’t it something? There are legions of us who find dimes everywhere. I love the collective spirit in finding dimes!

dawn larzelier September 18, 2012 at 3:15 pm

oh wow! i just read your article here and decided i’d share some of my experiences with this… but first i got up to get a glass of water. when i came back to take my seat, i found a QUARTER on my chair! how the heck did that get there? lol!!!! ;) ♥ ♥ ♥

Lindsay September 19, 2012 at 7:17 am

haha Dawn THAT is freaking awesome! Your guides were like, “Oh yeah? We can one up that girl’s guides and give you a QUARTER!”

Teri September 18, 2012 at 3:27 pm

I think this is my favorite post of your yet!!! :)

Lindsay September 19, 2012 at 7:18 am

Awww, thanks Teri! I love it too. Never fails – when I find a dime it makes me smile and gives me goosebumps. :)

Cara Lemieux September 18, 2012 at 4:00 pm

I LOVE this post! For me it’s rainbows and shooting stars…without fail, whenever I see either one…something amazing happens right around the corner, and I now take them to be a sign that everything is going to be okay. Also – regarding your aspiration to move by a certain time…today I wrote about what I aspired to do and how the Universe delivered by deadline in: I Will Run. http://meandducky.com/2012/09/i-will-run/ and I also talked about my new list in: Dear Universe: http://meandducky.com/2012/04/dear-universe/

I feel like we are definitely on the same wave length.

Lindsay September 19, 2012 at 7:18 am

Rainbows and shooting stars! Okay THOSE are awesome! I don’t think I’ve *ever* seen a shooting star. Maybe that’s something I should ask the Universe for. :) We definitely speak the same language. I’m so glad I ‘found’ you!

Susan S. September 18, 2012 at 7:32 pm

I haven’t notice finding dimes, but I’ll have to pay attention now! Love how you find them and what it represents for you.

I did notice, however, the other day when I was out and about doing errands, at one point a song popped into my head and I was singing to myself inside my head the lyrics to the Age of Aquarius from Hair (I had the record as a kid). Then I remembered that we are entering the age of Aquarius (aren’t we?).

Just listened to part of the song- “Then love will steer us all.” Got a blog entry today from Lauren Gorgo. Part of it states: “now is the time to take the bigger view, to remain firmly planted in the truth that LOVE is the foundation for all change.” I seem to be getting messages lately about leading with, and healing with my heart in making the changes I am currently working on. Cool.

Lindsay September 19, 2012 at 7:20 am

Susan my baby (the one I’m currently pregnant with) is going to be an Aquarius – so how’s that for another synchronization?! You’re right…we are entering the Age of Aquarius. I’m curious to see what it brings.

The Beatle’s song “All you need is love” entered my mind when I was reading your comment. It’s true, isn’t it? I love Lauren Gorgo, btw!

Susan S. September 19, 2012 at 7:51 pm

Lindsay,

I read this blog and commented yesterday. And today, when I was making a follow up visit for my son with his doctor, the appointment is set for 10/10 at 10:10am. While I was driving him from this appointment back to his school, he asked me what time it was. Yup- it was 10:10am!! I was laughing out loud when I told him what time it was.

Julie Rae September 18, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Years ago I was thinking about how pennies can sometimes be signs from heaven. Well, after finding one I commented to myself that with inflation you would think “they” could do better than a penny. Since that time I find dimes everywhere. This morning my mother died. When I went for a short walk. . . I found another dime. I took it as a sign from my grandparents that she was safe with them. Then I come home to see your article. . . synchronicity can be amazing!

Lindsay September 19, 2012 at 7:20 am

Is your middle name Rae? Or last name? My middle name is Rae, so there’s another connection for ya! How cool, right? I think it’s funny that your guides were like, “Okay, we’ll listen to you and give you dimes to account for inflation.” LOL Maybe I *should* ask for $50 bills from now on!

Anna October 3, 2012 at 11:44 pm

Lindsay,

I am a salon owner and just a few months ago i moved my shop into a new building.. At first i found it strange that i was the only app put in on the building. That was intill i found out interresting yet horrible information reguarding previous tennats.. It has been proven that my shop has a lingering spirt and we even know his name.. A few weeks after i moved in, my friends who do PARANORMAL INVESTIGATIONS came and investigated my building.. It was amazing the results. Aprearently the spirt(s) enjoy my presence because i comunicate with them. It wasn’t long after that i started noticing dimes being left around the shop. I made fun of the dimes at first until i started seeing a pattern. Every morning i walk to the back (storage area) of my building (where everything bad happened prior to my moving in). I would address my spirtual room mate by his name and greet him either “Good morning” or “Good night” if at night i usualy ask to please protect the shop. But the days that i get too busy with work, I often forget to pay my respects, i incounter a dime. I started saving the dimes and gluing them to places that i would see daily. What could this mean?

I seen your story where it could mean “call me”. Could it be that i haven’t paid attention to them so their letting me know they’re still here? I don’t feel threatened by any means. I feel more protected then anything. The young gentlemen was murdered two years prior to my occupancy. Could he be a gaurdian of my business?

Lindsay October 4, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Now THIS is a cool story, Anna! I betcha the dimes are the spirits’ way of letting you know they (he) are/is still there and just saying ‘hi’. It sounds to me like he is your protector and since you’re not scared of him, it’s great that you’re embracing his help and presence. Gives him something to do until he fully crosses over!

Julie Ray October 26, 2012 at 4:14 pm

About two years ago I began finding dimes … I had no idea until today that this was a shared phenomenon. One particular November morning, I was getting ready early on a very rainy morning to leave my apartment to go to work. I had a purse and a bag and an umbrella and a big coat and I was struggling to get out the door when I heard something hit my kitchen floor … it was a dime. I suddenly remembered that the evening before a dime had shown up at the bottom of the plastic pot that I had just pulled a plant from. I continued trying to get out the door with the umbrella up and the rain coming down, but I was saying out loud “What’s with these dimes I’m finding??” and just as I was about to go down my stairs it hit me. A phrase I had recently started frequently using as I lamented my life and frustrations was “… but it will be ok … life can turn on a dime.” And suddenly I began finding dimes. For me, it has been God telling me that everything WILL be ok, and I keep getting reminders. I’ve kept every dime I’ve found (sometimes in multiples of 3) so they are now piling up on my kitchen windowsill and counter. I love that their significance is shared with so many! …….. Wow, I was just about to post this when I scrolled up a couple of entries and found one from Julie Rae!

Mike January 3, 2013 at 12:24 pm

I started finding dimes everywhere. I’d open my car door and right there would be a dime. I’d put on a pair of pants and the only thing in any of the pockets was a dime. I kept finding so many that I asked others in my family if they were experiencing the same thing. None of them had.

I became convinced that there was something strange going on one Friday when I was on a consulting project in a plant in Vandalia, Illinois. I would be heading home to El Paso that morning. I grabbed my luggage from the room to go to the checkout desk, as I opened the door, there was a dime on the floor in front of me. I drove to the plant, we would be leaving for the airport at about 10:00 that morning. I headed to the cafeteria for a cup of coffee. I sat down at a table where someone had left the sports section of the local paper. I picked up the paper to read it and underneath was a dime. I sat on the bulkhead row on the plane to Dallas. When we landed I stood and turned to head for the overhead bin for my suitcase. In front of my foot, on the aisle, was a dime. As I headed to my connecting flight, I stopped at the men’s room. As I rolled my suitcase towards the wall, there was a dime sitting on the floor where I was going to my luggage. I have continued to find dimes, but that series startled me.

Jennifer January 5, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Every once in a while, I get a comment on my blog about finding dimes. I thought it was something that only happened to me. But whenever I share my story with others, they start finding dimes too! We need to be careful not to read too much into it, but there is definitely a connection between being aware of God’s presence in our lives and finding dimes. Thank your for sharing my blog on your page. I feel honoured :)

Jennifer

Lindsay January 6, 2013 at 8:13 pm

Hi Jennifer!

So nice to put a face/name to your blog. I’ve got to say my article about finding dimes is the second most popular one here at The Daily Awe. So I’m glad I could link over to your blog so others could see it’s a pretty common phenomenon. I still find dimes every once in a while, especially when a big change is coming my way. It’s lovely to have that connection. Thanks for stopping by to say ‘hi’!

Jodie May January 18, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Ok. I use to think I was crazy. Then I realized that my “dime” findings must mean something spiritual I eventually would talk about it with close friends. This has been happening for 16 years and I specifically remember when it started. I don’t always count the dimes I find in the washing machine since I am not sure I find that odd, but I do count the ones that I find on the elevators, taxis, corner wall boards and airplane bathrooms ~ just to name a few. A friend to pointed out this blog and I am so excited I can’t stop reading about it.

Elvin February 8, 2013 at 10:40 am

Good morning,

We had a young lady over to visit us and have dinner so that we could share our stories about two young men we mutually knew. They were killed on Dec 14/12 in a traffic accident and it’s been a hard time for their family and all of us who knew and loved them.

This morning on my way to work when I stopped to get a coffee, I found a dime on the floor of the coffe shop and picked it up saying “it’s going to be a good day”. There ws a young lady standing behind me and she asked if it was a dime and I said yes. She then told me that it was a sign that someone who was special to me and had died was letting me know they were thinking of me. She also told me that she lost her boyfriend in December and since then has been constantly finding them as well. She told me “I know he’s thinking of me” I have never met the girl before I might add.

I called my wife and told her the story of the dime and the girl and when I got off the phone I was informed that the son of another friend was killed last night in an accident as well. I came home and my wife posted your story on Facebook and here I am.

From now on I will always think differently of the change I find as I journey through life, knowing that someone I’ve loved and lost is thinking of me.

building inspector melbourne February 15, 2013 at 2:20 pm

This is the second time I’ve been to your site. Thnx for providing more information.

Barbara March 2, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Lindsay~
Just found your blog and this post. And, of course, I am finding dimes, AND abundance in the form of $ is coming in. I have had issues with money (who hasn’t?), and this feels like I may be turning the corner with my limiting beliefs about money…YEA!! Love your remark about the dime on your bed. Don’t you love how spirit communicates with us?
Here’s a similar experience with spirit reaching out to me… After fretting over altering my granddaughters prom gown, I found a tiny (angel) feather tucked into the hem.
We are so blessed with love and support beyond what we could ever imagine.
Barbara

Mike St Louis March 21, 2013 at 4:14 pm

We have been finding dimes lately too, along with all sorts of other coins. Please read on.

CHARLIE CHANGE
(Jan 3, 2013)

My dad passed away last September, at the age of eighty-eight, surrounded by his family, without too much suffering. Touched with Alzheimer’s that clouded his memory but not destroy it. Diagnosed with prostate cancer but too old to operate on, I prepared myself for the eventual demise of my father by forming the opinion years ago that after eighty years of living, there is no more warranty left on your body. That after eighty years of living, original parts are no longer available. That after eighty years of living, there are no guarantees new parts will work. After eighty years of living, every day is a bonus as long as you have your health.

In fact we joked that with the exception of the final three weeks of my Dad’s life, Charlie had a pretty good run of it. This was due to a combination of things, from being a non-smoker, social drinker, and exerciser, (swimming and walking…lots of walking) when he was a younger man. And in the final few years of his life, my mother’s constant companionship and nurturing that kept them out of nursing homes. It was a labour of love and devotion that lasted over seventy years.

So while his passing was sad, I was prepared and comforted in knowing that he was in a better place. And how do I know it is a better place? Because those who can communicate with the spirits tells us so. Because those who have gone and come back say so. Because I believe it is so. Call it faith or call it malarkey, but with so many stories out there it’s hard not to wonder if we do continue on after we pass from this world.

My resolve in the belief of life after death stems from being raised not to fear the spirits. I was brought up in the same house my mother lived in since she was six years old. It was a big half-double, located in Center of Ottawa Ontario Canada. She regaled us with stories and tales of those who passed. Accounted for creeks and bumps in the night to “the friendly ghosts” of family members who had died in the house years ago when she was just a girl.

When my wife Kim and I married we moved into the other half of the double and experienced our own strange encounters. Whether it was hearing the slamming of cupboard doors next door in my parent’s house, then finding out no one was home. Or the time Kim was woken from a sound sleep by a spirit that passed through her body. Long before any reality TV shows embracing life after death, (Long Island Medium, I Survived Beyond and Back, for example) I was already a true believer, and Kim was coming to terms with it too.

And as fate would have it, as if the heavens were sending us further proof, when we moved into our present house, which was only ten years old, shadows, creeks, and the distinct sound of five footsteps in the kitchen then the faint sound of the back door opening that we have heard on several occasions since moving in all adds to our belief in the afterlife.

When my sister in law, visited a traveling medium recently for her own edification what she was told was not only accurate but also unknown to many, let alone a complete stranger from another part of the country. The medium also told my sister in-law the spirits contact us in many ways that we aren’t even aware of. It could be a specific number, colour, or scent. The spirits may appear in the form of an animal, something as simple as a butterfly, or it could be a song in your head. Have you ever misplaced something? You check your pockets, empty purses, rip apart garbage bags, search high & low, only to have that item reappear in the exact location you just sifted through? Sound familiar, those who believe say it’s the spirits having fun with us.

It’s also said, that when we are getting ready to depart, we can see those who have gone before us as if beckoning us to, “go towards the light”. My father experienced this, my son Josh witnessed it. The evening prior to my dad passing he visited his grandfather. My dad didn’t recognize Josh; he thought he was a buddy from work. Could it have been a friend who had passed long ago? My dad had been retired for over twenty years. He asked Josh if he would like to go for a drink after work. His only concern was the black man with the dog who was waiting for him.

When we received the call the following morning that the end was near, we all rushed to my dads’ bedside. He had suffered a heart attack during the night, the brain was dead, machines were keeping him alive. There was little chance of recovery, so a family decision was made, and a priest was called to administer the last rights. That priest was a black man, but there was no dog. Dog backwards however spells God. Could that have been what my dad meant, God and not dog.
That’s the way some of us explained it. To me it was just additional signs the spirits were at play.

My dad use to go on these two and half plus hour walks around the city. He was always coming home with a penny or two, or more that he would had found along the way. So determined to retrieve any errant coin, even being hit by a car one day as he bent over to pick up a penny did not deter him. To my dad finding any money was the equivalent of winning the lottery and collecting some good luck along the way. That must have rubbed off on me over the years. I too relish in the finding of the odd coin here or there. But now every time I find a penny in the street, a nickel on the floor, I say, “hi dad”. Because to me it is my father’s spirit reaching out, contacting me with Charlie’s Change.

Being at peace with the eventual demise of our loved ones, ourselves. Hoping or believing there is something-someone on the other side. Continued communication with those who are gone. And keeping my mind open to the possibility that we continue after we leave this world has kept me focused on how happy and at peace everyone must be.

It certainly is one of my very own NO SENSE BEING TENSE moments that happens on a frequent bases, and gives me a chance to stop and think about my old man each and every time I find a penny or two along the way. You keep pitching them dad, I’ll keep collecting. We’re three days into 2013 and I’ve already found seven cents.
Mike St Louis

fred April 19, 2013 at 2:48 pm

I have been finding dimes my entire life. I’m not sure who is sending them to me but they will show up in the oddest of places. I usually leave them there a a reminder someone still loves me.

Angie April 25, 2013 at 7:54 am

OMG!!! This has happened to me for years. I started finding them after my paternal grandmother passed away. My dad found them too, but thought it was strange, until I was telling him about my experiences with the dimes. Then when he found one and I was in the vacinity, he thought I did it. Not so!!! I also find it a validation of a decision that I am needing to make or just a hug as a reminder that she is still with me. I have even found one in Rincon, PR stuck in a crazy rock, that earlier on another walk I could not even pull a shell out of, but when I saw the dime it slipped right out. I incorporated dimes in my second wedding bouquet and other flowers. As the years have passed it seems she watches over others that we love. My uncle (on my mom’s side) found a dime in a tide pool in the ocean as the tide was coming in. My son’s partner has found them when he has needed guidance. Bless you for printing this!!! My heart is singing that others are touched in the same way by people that love them. Thank you!!!

Jim May 2, 2013 at 9:22 am

I have been finding dimes ever since my cousin died in childbirth 15 years ago. My wife told me about this (finding dimes from someone who has passed away). I have hundreds of dimes saved that I have found. Recently a very good friend died of cancer, and I have been finding dimes even more. I find them in the strangest places, and many times right after I have prayed or have been thinking about the two who have died. I truly believe they are watching over me and send me a little encouragement every once in awhile. Thanks for this site!

Sarah May 8, 2013 at 10:48 am

I have been finding dimes since my uncle passed, May 2, 2012. The significance is much different for my family, as when we all would play cards (for money), he played with dimes. Many of us find dimes everywhere. From the refrigerator to the laundry to beside my car at the daycare center. It is a rather warming reminder that he is still here.

erica May 15, 2013 at 12:15 pm

I love these stories!
I have been finding nickels, since my best friend of 15 plus yrs passed this September. it started when I when I would visit him at his grave I would leave flowers and a nickel on top of his tombstone. then recently I started finding quaters everywhere. I am not talking about a few a day it was more like five or more in each room of my house and on my patio it was like a quater slot machine exploded in my house. Then on Monday morning I found a crisp five dollar bill on top of my dresser with no explaination on how it got there. I would tell people about this and they would tell me I need to go to grief counseling and to let go already. But, I see it as my best friend still giving all he’s got from the other side just like he did when he was here.

Dora May 20, 2013 at 9:34 am

Wow, wow, wow. Someone sent this to me after an experience I shared two days ago. Mother died two days before Mother’s Day. On the morning of her services, I had the urge to go take a walk before dressing for the service. It was a somewhat misty, but beautiful morning. While returning to the house, as I walked under a tree a dime feel to the ground in front of me. Bewildered, as I only had my keys and cell phone in my hand, I stopped. I looked up and realized that it could have only fallen from the tree above my head. It sparkled with such shine. I picked it up and returned home. Although I couldn’t understand at the time, I felt such a feeling of peace. I knew it could only have been a sign from Mother. I had told my children that if anyone would send me a sign from heaven, it would be Mother. Thanks so very much for your post of confirmation for me.

Sherry June 10, 2013 at 6:15 pm

It is wonderful to know that I am not the only one who has experienced finding dimes. I began finding them a little over 2 years ago. Just before I filed for divorce from a 24 year abusive marriage. I started finding dimes in strange places and at times when I needed comfort or confirmation that everything would be ok. At first, I thought it was just coincidence, but after finding about half a dozen, I realized that they were far more. I began saving them and sharing the experience with my family members. Immediately, my mom started finding them too. Then, my oldest son started finding them, and finally, my sister started finding them. I am convinced that they are sent to us from the spirit world and I believe it is my grandfather who has been sending them to me. Furthermore, I believe they are only sent to those who believe in that spirit world. My daughter thinks it is just a coincidence & just laughs it off when I tell her I found another one. And she has yet to find one. I recently counted mine and not including the first few that I did not keep, I have found 120 in the last 2 years. No other coins with it…..just a single shiny dime. A year ago, I was forced from my home (my ex-husband was ordered to continue to pay the mortgage for a year & he failed to do so, so the house, which was in his name, was foreclosed & we were given only 7 days to move). We found a cute little house owned by a sweet Methodist pastor. When we went to look at it, the landlord was standing on the front porch with us. He looked down & said “Well, look at that…..there is a dime”. When we told him about me finding dimes, he said “I think this was meant for you” and handed me the dime. I look forward to finding them now and I always remember to say “Thank You” every time I find one because I believe it is sent to me by someone who loves me and is letting me know that I am doing the right thing.

pauline birnie June 29, 2013 at 7:41 pm

I found a dime the other day, this fact is unusual in that for one I found it in a bag containing peppermints and two I live in Australia….The bag of peppermints came from a sweets factory in Melbourne Australia. I Googled ‘I found a dime’ and came across your website, I consulted my Angel cards and came up with ‘Trustworthy Guidance’ and ‘Notice the Signs’, I am amazed that your experience echoed this.

eastern appalachian teen challenge July 30, 2013 at 11:26 pm

Accessorize with Animal Patterns: If your photoshop normal
map sense or an attempt to claw back control lost to multimedia, have
come in on the microblogging website, sending on prayers for the family.

If you want clothing with great style, that is. Treat your wardrobe as
an investment and for Photoshop Normal Map. And boots, and an overcoat.
You can and if possible, try to remove the skin.
Sign inAugust Lady Nov 27, 2011, 7:52am EST” the fact that fickle photoshop normal map trends are very short-living.

Dan August 25, 2013 at 6:42 pm

Lindsay,

I stumbled on your website and wanted to share my story. I am not religious by any means. I am a police officer from Canada, down to earth, realistic and not into any of this esoteric stuff I dont understand. My 16 yr old son died in 2006 in a car accident. Times were tough for a long while for me, his mpm and our daughter. In 2009, I started finiding dimes. A lot of dimes. Like 2-3 dimes a week. In all sorts of places. I was a bit stressed at the time. Work was heavy and a lot of big decisions were coming my way. I was finding enough dimes, that it made me google ‘FINDING DIMES..WHAT DOES IT MEAN’ and found sites relating to what you say, that is is a touch from above. Sometimes, it will stop for a few months, where I dont find any at all. Usually those times are less eventful and I guess I am just cruising along. This year has had many major changes. We went to China, where my daughter is from. Among the crowds, walking in

Tianamen Square.. a dime..wow. We had to come back early since my wife required emergency surgery to her eye. It was a bit stressful. At the airport in Toronto, walking to get our luggage..another one. At the hospital, I am waiting for her to get checked in, on the ground between my feet, again I find one.

That’s when I said.OK OK son I get It. I am taking care of your Mom.

Today, I am in Haiti, in Port au Prince. I will be hear for a year, assisting the UN in teaching the haitian police. I was a little stressful, as I had one last test to pass to stay in mission. a shooting test. About five minutes before I had to go, just standing there with the other cops in the gravel parking, in the middle of nowhere, I see this rusting, grey piece of metal at my feet. I rubbed it, and it was a dime. Chills went down my spine. Writing this I am getting more chills. He is where I am.

I cant tell that to anybody, escept my wife, daughter and Mom. I just had to write it somewhere.

Lindsay August 25, 2013 at 7:50 pm

Beautiful story, Dan. Thank you for sharing it with me/us here! I have no doubt the dimes are a sign from your son saying he is with you. Beautiful and give me chills, too.

Btw – I live in Toronto! Sounds like you have done so much in your lifetime – lots of traveling, too!

Josianie September 22, 2013 at 10:58 pm

I dream that I was in a new home where I see my dead grandma and amy cousin that I don’t like she does Vodou….don’t like her at all.
I was walking and I kept finding dollar pieces on the floor and i pick them up.

tina October 7, 2013 at 4:37 pm

Me and my husband just moved and we were running into so much bad luck. First the moving truck we had rented was canceled on us and we had to change our moving day in order to get a truck , then our power was supose to be hooked up and they forgot to do it, then when we were getting settled into our new place our washer decided to give out I was at my wits end. So one day as I was trying to get the pictures up I opened the front door to get some fresh air in and on my front step there was a dime. we thought nothing of it until we were putting pictures on the wall and I herd a little noise on the floor by the door and when I looked there was another dime. The next day I went outside and at the bottom of my steps there were two more dimes.

George October 11, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Lindsay: Neat that you are recording all of this. I’m not sure what it means either, other than I started finding dimes shortly after my mother passed away in 1992. At first it didn’t mean anything to me but about 6 years ago the local newspaper ran a story about a young women you lived in an apartment on the 8th floor of her building. She came home one afternoon to discover she had lost her front door key. Noticing that her balcony door was open, she went to the lady living above and asked if she could climb down over her balcony onto hers below and gain access that way. Long story short… She slipped and fell to her death. When the media interviewed her co-workers afterward they told her that she had the experience of finding dimes and that she believed it was a sign from her mother who had recently passed away.

Since having read that story in the paper I have come to the same conclusion… That finding dimes is a sign from a loved one who has passed on, and that we are to take comfort in knowing that they are looking out and over us.

Since my mother passed away, I have on numerous occasions over the years found dimes in the most bizarre places and have often wondered why… here are just a few examples: one inside my sugar bowl… one sandwiched between two pieces of wood in my work shop. Several times in parking lots as I step out of my car. Three or four times in my garden and… I had even once taken a dime out of my pocket to put it in a collect jar and it slipped out of my hand… which in itself, is not unusual… but it actually fell and landed on a dime at my feet. That was really weird!! Anyway, not sure what it all means but when I buy lottery tickets I always include the number 10.

Thanks Mom!

George from Canada…

Esme October 31, 2013 at 8:34 am

I live in South Africa and our dimes are called 10 cents, go figure.
I have been finding these small coins everywhere. In my shoe? as I get out of my car laying in the road 3x, under my bag, in my pocket 2x falls out of my shopping bag, right now in my make up? in the food cupboard. It is just to often to disregard and all this over 4 days.
I will keep you posted and am open to comment
Love always

Dave November 6, 2013 at 11:15 am

I am also convinced that my grandmother leaves me dimes. I find more dimes than pennies since she has died. About a year ago, I unfortunately started smoking again after having quit for over ten years (my grandmother died of COPD brought on by smoking). I have tried to quit multiple times since then with no luck.
Five days ago while I was at work, I was thinking about how I really really have to quit smoking, and I really have to commit this time. I have 15 month old twins, and I want to be around for them as much as I can. I was picking up a step ladder at the time that I was thinking this, and all of a sudden, I heard a coin hit the ground. I looked down, and sure enough, it was a dime. I held onto that dime for a long time after that. It literally came from no where. And I haven’t smoked since.

linda November 18, 2013 at 11:14 pm

I found a nickel at the gas station today I’m hoping that means something good ;)

rug January 4, 2014 at 10:55 pm

I’ve been looking on the internet to find out why I been
finding dimes I think I found the answer thank you

Heather January 5, 2014 at 11:26 am

Oh my goodness! I just looked up “significance of dimes” and found you. I did it, because last night I did a healing session and reading and my guides asked me to sit in a circle of 10 dimes, hahaha. I thought it was soooo crazy, but did it. I film my sessions, because usually everyone participating is remote (living at a great distance). So, if you’d like to watch, and I think maybe you should (as I also have a grandmother who I just told my friend I feel will die soon). Hugs & Blessings!!! -Heather

nancy bayly January 24, 2014 at 9:02 pm

I stumbled on your page and just about fell over when I read this! I have been finding dimes unexpectedly for years. Because I knew intuitively it was a sign from God I only shared with my daughter and husband. I felt like God was telling me, ” I am with you and I am going to bless you 10 times.”I have never heard anyone else talk about this. I found your site because I have recently noticed I seem to influence the energy of technological equipment in my office. I have gone through several keyboards and mouse. Lights flicker and I have gone through several phones.My current phone just shuts off all the time. Thank you Lindsey. I AM STILL SITTING HERE SPEECHLESS!

Jennifer January 24, 2014 at 11:37 pm

Nancy…when I started finding dimes a few years ago, I had exactly the same thought as you! And whenever I share my story with somebody, they start finding dimes. God finds little ways to let is know we are never alone.

nancy bayly January 25, 2014 at 11:03 am

Jennifer,
Thanks for sharing that with me! I find it so thrilling when it happens! I feel so loved when I find them, it’s usually when I least expect it too. I am so glad to be on God’s mind as I know you are too. :)

nzbreed February 4, 2014 at 10:41 pm

One thing that I normally find here and there that I take as a sign from my guardian Angels are feathers. They usually lie in my path. Normally, I pick them up and save them, others I don’t but I always acknowledge and sometime point it out to those that are with me. I take it as a sign of “hello”, that I’m not alone and that everything is ok.

how much does tv advertising cost March 21, 2014 at 12:37 pm

Hello there! I simply want to give you a big thumbs up for your excellent information you have here on this post.

I’ll be returning to your website for more soon.

ligar en internet April 2, 2014 at 4:07 am

When the joke is on you, people find it very humorous.
Online dating and chatting represent the virtual small
talk of two people on a regular date, who need to find out more.

If your date keeps subtly hinting that he has financial troubles,
this is your cue to beat it.

Carmen April 2, 2014 at 10:29 am

Hi Lindsay. I’ve recently lost my stepfather over a tragic fatal car accident and was very close to him. One day his family came to visit me and my mom and was talking to us about them finding dimes in odd places. Earlier that day my mom cleaned n swept his bedroom. I went in to his room with my daughter and on my way back to living room there’s one dime in front of the door. On same day I found two more dimes in odd place that you wouldn’t imagine to find coins. I told my brother and he thought it is just craziness. But he to found a dime the nxt day in his passenger seat. I became a believer. My dad is just trying to tell us that his okay and his saying hello. I am missing my dad so badly. :-(

baby ethnic wear india April 21, 2014 at 2:03 am

excellent points altogether, you simply gained a brand new
reader. What would you recommend in regards to your publish
that you simply made a few days in the past?
Any sure?

women's clothing western April 21, 2014 at 2:16 am

Thanks for finally writing about >Spiritual Significance of

Dimes <Loved it!

8 ball pool cheats April 21, 2014 at 4:22 pm

Hey there! I realize this is sort of off-topic however I needed

to ask. Does building a well-established blog like yours take a massive amount work?

I am completely new to writing a blog however I do write in my journal on a daily basis.

I’d like to start a blog so I will be able to share my personal experience and feelings online.

Please let me know if you have any ideas or tips for brand new aspiring bloggers.

Thankyou!

Emma April 25, 2014 at 1:22 am

Howdy Folks,

Some of you are a bit off regarding dreaming or find dimes. There can be different meanings for different people whether you find a dime, given a dime or dream about dimes.

Dimes can mean different things to different people. It’s the symbolism behind a dime besides the number 10 that most people are looking at. Symbols are powerful messages for your subconscience, soul, chakra, memory, belief system etc. A dime has many spiritual and mystical symbols on it.

The spirit world and universe often use coins and paper money to communicate with us to tell us what we need to know to either comfort us, teach us a life lesson, to announce an upcoming event etc.

Lets take a closer look at the symbolism behind a dime. On one side is President Roosevelt (leader, president of the free world). President Roosevelt was a forward man who took an idea and implemented it quickly, he died in 1945 (numerology 1+9+4+5=19, 1+9=10), he was 39 when he came down with polio (numerology 3′s, 3+3+3=9), he was a Grandmaster Freemason 33rd level, the list goes on.

The dime also has important four words imprinted on it, “In God We Trust”. That can be interpreted to say Believe! Believe in a higher power, believe in yourself, believe in the universe… etc etc. What ever you’re going through at that very moment when you dream, find or are given a dime.. stop and look into it’s meaning of believe. I guarantee you’ll understand what that message means to you. You most likely have had a thought or question that needed to be answered. It’s God telling you that you’re on the right path for what ever your endeavor or wish may be.

Other symbols to look at: The burning torch. It’s blowing in the ‘right direction, it means liberty/freedom, it’s light where there may be darkness, significant for inalienable rights as a human or child of God, it has the word ‘One’ on it significant for individual, you or I.

The ancient symbol of an olive branch is on a dime. There are a few meanings to olive branches in history but, it’s universal for peace, goodwill, reconciliation. If you have a problem patch it.. if you have a worry, let it go.

The oak branch (right hand side) is most important. It’s on the opposite side of the olive branch. When something is depicted in symbolism on the right hand side a lot of times means ‘truth’ or ‘pay attention to what’s happening right now at that very minute’. You’re given a gift of a message from the universe or the spirit world.

The oak tree is most important to many native Americans. It means stand tall, believe with confidence, know your strength, have peace within and everything will be ok, etc.

Being that the oak branch is a bit lower than the olive branch.. it holds another meaning. The placement is symbolic for freedom. You wish to be free from something that is oppressing you (violence, poverty, intolerance, hate, ill-health, freedom of expression, etc.)

The next time you find a dime, are given a dime or dream of a dime.. . look into what’s going on with you at that very moment and seek the symbols that are given to you. The answer to your woes is in that little piece of silver.. oh yah.. the silver has meaning too. wink :O) Silver or even the color silver is used for many religious, masonic, spell casting etc. Silver is a way for someone from the spirit world to communicate with the physical world.

Cheers ~Emma

Ashley Stryker May 9, 2014 at 9:26 am

So I’ve recently moved into a new house on top of a bunch of upheaval spiritually, and I was initially spooked because I kept feeling like my dog was looking at something that wasn’t there and that I was being watched. I chalked it up to too many ghost shows–what, I like the history aspects!–and told my friend about it.

Not long afterward, my debit card disappeared. Now, I’m always putting things in clever places where I’ll “never loose them” before promptly losing thing, to the point where the first thing I made my boyfriend do when we moved in was install a key hook by the front door. After not finding it for a week, I caved and ordered a new one.

The day after I got the new card, I open my sidetable drawer which I SWEAR I’d both opened and looked in during the Great House Search, and there was my debit card with a receipt and a $20 bill wrapped neatly around it.

That was two weeks ago. Since then, I’ve found twenties in random places like a box of clothes I’d carried into the bedroom after I swore I gave it to my boyfriend–and HE swears he put it in his wallet.

So either my spirit guide thinks $20s are the new ten-cent pieces–and let’s face it, with inflation the way it is, it very well might be–or I need to be bashed over the head about something important. Whatever it is, I have no idea what he needs, but then again, I’m only now getting into meditation.

So tl;dr–I have personal experience with this. Thanks for the fantastic article, Lindsey!

Teresa June 10, 2014 at 12:10 pm

I truly believe in this and have had a similar experience recently. Last week I found a dime at the bottom of my hamper. I left it there. When my laundry was done, I found a dime at the bottom of the machine. Then, when I pulling my clothes out of the drying another dime flew out. I wouldn’t find this odd other than the face that they were all dimes. I thought this was significant but wasn’t sure why. The next day, I tell my husband this story and he just responds “interesting”. Who knows, he may have thought me nuts. We are at a bar sitting and chatting and he says “teresa, look there is a dime on the floor by your foot. Really? Now can that be a cooincidence?? Anyway, I have a lot going on in my life. Today is the “TENTH” of June and my husband is retiring and my step daughter got her first job today. How symbolic. I think someone was trying to tell me that everything will be okay and work itself out. I just decided to look up on line to see if anyone had any similar experience but event that – I looked it up today, the 10th.

Cowboydan July 24, 2014 at 8:25 am

I was glad to read this, I have been finding dimes different places and times, one night getting up from bed to get a drink of water heard something fall in front of my footsteps, open the refrigerator for light and it was a dime, just before searching for this a dime fell on floor beside me in my office.
If I pass info along people would think I was out of it.

teri August 7, 2014 at 4:15 pm

I just have to add a footnote sort of unrelated to your subject matter, but directly related to the content of the article. I met a man through a craigslist personal ad and he wound up being my soul mate. We are marrying this November after being best friends for nearly 5 years. Never look down or put where or how people meet… it’s the fact that they do that’s important. I’m so glad no one slapped me! lol

Aly-Chan August 13, 2014 at 10:29 pm

Ever since my great grandmother Annie died, the dime streak began. But it got even greater when my great grandmother Mildred died. We found five dimes alone on the day of her funeral. My grandmother was even in a newspaper article about it! (Not to mention I found one today in a shopping bag!) I think that the dimes are truly a sign of hope from both of my grandmothers! Bless you all!

Wondering August 27, 2014 at 1:17 pm

Thanks for this post. Some of the stories shared are quite heartwarming, insightful and touching. I googled this because I have started to find dimes and thought it peculiar. Recently I have been very down and confused about changes I need to make in my life to reach a happier place (job, etc.). Concurrently I had recently attended a funeral for a young mother two weeks ago and all summer my niece and nephew, children of my sister who had also died as a young mother were visitng me and other extended family here in Canada for the summer. Shortly after they departed I started to find dimes, on my bed, on my car seat and other places. It has happened frequently enough for me to place some interest and wonder about it. I am not sure if this is a message or a comfort? I had intended to send a letter to the husband of the young mother who passed as I too lost my mother when she was very young as have my niece and nephew with the loss of my sister (their mother) three years ago. As a result, I wanted to write him a letter and provide him with some words of support and comfort. The dimes have reminded me of that promise I made to myself on the day of her funeral. I will write that letter tonight. Are they signs perhaps? I am not sure but I will take them as spiritual reminders from those who have passed and try to interpret it as best I can. This thread and all the resulting posts were very helpful to me. Thank you.

Cindy August 28, 2014 at 11:08 pm

My step son was killed in a truck accident in May 2014. I now have been finding dimes all around the house. The first one was on my pillow we had gotten up and had breakfast and when I went back to make the bed there was a dime on my pillow. I know it was not there when I got up, the next one was in the washing machine. I was washing sock, and under clothes nothing with pockets so where did that dime come from. so far I have 3. What dose this mean?

https://getmakers.zendesk.com August 30, 2014 at 2:43 am

Undeniably believe that which you said. Your favorite justification appeared
to be on the net the easiest thing to be aware
of. I say to you, I certainly get irked while eople consider worries that
they plainly do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also
defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people can take a
signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

https://lacquer.zendesk.com/entries/76514133-Shoes-Men-Should-Wear-For-A-Successful-Job-Interview September 4, 2014 at 2:11 pm

I think this is one of the most important info for me. And

i am glad reading your article. But wanna rematk on few general things, The site style is wonderful, the articles is really excellent : D.

Good job, cheers